IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they had f*n. I also noticed that Abby has mastered being a sister-mom. Poor kid.

I generally avoid baby showers and bridal showers as it is just not my thing so I might be out of the loop, but who talks about a party of any kind and says "it lasted almost 4 hours" and "we played three games". Is this just SOTDRT wording or just one more example of Maxhell?

Dear Sarah,

Never use another semicolon in your life. As a matter of fact, just rip the key off of your keyboard and throw it away as I'm sure the colon in beyond your grasp as well.

Best,

Dru

Have they announced that the baby is a boy? If not, I am thinking they just did. Lot of blue in that room.

Do they even find out the gender before the birth? I always thought the Maxwells didn't?

I'm sure she was their. Maybe they just didn't get a picture of her.

She's there. You can see her in the background of one of the clothespinning pics.

Do they even find out the gender before the birth? I always thought the Maxwells didn't?

Melanie and Nathan found out Drew's sex before he was born. I don't remember what they did with the girls.

I was happy to see that Elyssa's mother & sisters were at the shower.

Me too. I hope her headship allows her to keep in touch with her family regularly. After all, she's a "Maxwell girl" now... I'm surprised the other Maxwell girls (Mel & NR Anna) weren't in that picture with her.

Have they announced that the baby is a boy? If not, I am thinking they just did. Lot of blue in that room.

At least they told the neighbor it was a boy, but because the neighbor decorated for the party they couldn't control the colors shown in the pictures. Two sets of only blue balloons, blue streamer, blue napkins, blue cups, and the centerpiece in the main room was a line of blue and red baby bottles. Burp cloth and baby hat were certainly for a boy. The two pink bows on the chair were only to show it was Elissa's place to sit. The Maxwells do love making everyone wait until the the surprise announcements at the end, but this time the boy was let out of the bag, so to speak. At least Joe has done his duty in seeding a man cub.

"Babies are such a joy, and it was exciting to welcome this little one to Joseph and Elissa’s family!"

I get what Sarah is saying, but this sentence sounds weird. The baby has not arrived yet. It would have sounded better worded, "Babies are such a joy, and it will be so exciting to welcome this little one, etc."

Poor, poor Sarah and her sad writing skills.

"Babies are such a joy, and it was exciting to welcome this little one to Joseph and Elissa’s family!"

I get what Sarah is saying, but this sentence sounds weird. The baby has not arrived yet. It would have sounded better worded, "Babies are such a joy, and it will be so exciting to welcome this little one, etc."

Poor, poor Sarah and her sad writing skills.

Yes, in my experience showers are for the parents (giving them needed items for the baby) and the baby is welcomed later with a baptism or christening.

I think Melanie is in the picture holding Drew where he is doing something to Ruthanne (biting her?), but it's odd that NR Anna is not in the pics at all.

I remember the wedding pics were very much about the immediate Maxwells too, and the sisters-in-law were hardly seen at all.

They said several times that Joseph and Elissa decided to not find out before the birth, but perhaps that was a big fat whopper on Steve's part. Not sure why they would lie about that, though.

They said several times that Joseph and Elissa decided to not find out before the birth, but perhaps that was a big fat whopper on Steve's part. Not sure why they would lie about that, though.

Please do not try and bring logic into Maxwell World; if JesusSteve feels it is necessary to lie, then it shall be so.

And once again, the Maxwells cannot even provide names for Elissa's sisters.

Oooh burn --- The Maxwell Girls photo does not include Anna Ofchristopher!!!

Nor Melanie!

Now, why would that be? Maybe "girls" have vagines that have yet to experience a baby's birth.

Boy if I were Ofchristopher and/or Ofnathan, I'd be making sure my family of origin was still involved. They seem to have achieved second-class status for sure.

There was definitely more blue than pink, but it looks like there was some pink clothing being hung on the play-clothesline. I think it could be, since these folks don't seem to believe in gender-neutral anything, that colors and gifts were chosen by guessing or preference. If the "wrong" color clothing can't be used now then chances are there will be another child later who can use it. Since boys seem so heavily favored, it makes sense (to me) that blue would be the primary color at the party. I would have expected the decorations to be somewhat more gender-neutral though...

More pictures of Bethany looking bored, lol! Go Bethany!

I also thought the pictures looked more boy-themed and wondered about that.

I think Mrs. K is a hussy!! Did you see all the DVD's around the fireplace!! I'll bet when the Maxwell's aren't looking, she wears shorts, pop's open a Budwiser, and watches 50 Shades of Grey on a big screen! :o ;) :whistle:

I hope she slipped a little tequila in the punch. :shhh: :drool:

I'll bet there's a television in that green cupboard. Elissa looks radiant. I hope she's able to resist being assimilated into the Borg. :?

Observation. Not only was there no sign of the older brothers' wives, but other than 2 or 3 grey haired women, one of which was the neighbor, there were no other women than relatives of any age, much less younger and close to Elyssa's age. No young neighbors, friends. They are very exclusive and distant, aren't they.

The last baby shower I attended was for my husband's nephew's wife. No games. Catered brunch with Mimosas. Fair share of aunties like myself, her mom's friends, grandmothers and even a great grandmother to be-- but also lots of young married and single women in their late 20s/early 30s who were not related, but were friends. It would be odd for your only friends to be your sisters and sister in laws.

Wait, isn't this one of the other maxwell marry ins? DSC_5275.jpg

Archived