IGNORED

Steve: encouragement to "dads across the world"

albanuadh_1

Another example of Steve absolutely NOT being transparent: He has never disclosed where John went for those two weeks he was out of the country. There was never any more detail other than very basics of what he did there. That's not being transparent and there is no reason to hide where he went other than just to be an asshole.

Sarah, honey, your father is many things, but he's NOT transparent. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

I don't know if anything is "wrong" with Lydia. I just stick to the theory that Nathan and Melanie make beautiful children but the DNA combo of NR Anna and Christopher is unfortunate.

Indeed. Hopefully, they will grow out of it.

Another sign that the pictures of Steve and the grand girls are staged, and a response to criticism:

It struck me that when I've seen other pictures of the family, where Steve is holding a boy, his arm is relaxed, draped across the child as an adult does. The pictures of him with the girls are stiff, formal, and nothing else is in the picture. I think there is a definite attempt here to "show people" how loving he is even to the "weaker sex"...

Good call on the "across the world" vs. "around the world." Across can be used in a comparative sense: across the world we see many different meal time customs. Around the world is the usual, more general form especially when you refer to a single thing or person (in this case Steve) and how it is viewed all over the global. People around the world enjoy Coke. Around the world Mahatma Gandhi was considered a great leader and a wise man.

I don't know if anything is "wrong" with Lydia. I just stick to the theory that Nathan and Melanie make beautiful children but the DNA combo of NR Anna and Christopher is unfortunate.

Unfortunate how? Aren't Nathan & Melanie the ones who have difficult pregnancies?

Or is it just that neither NR Anna (sidebar: I wanted to see a photo of her and typed "nr anna" into maxwell search. [emoji4] ) and Christopher are unfortunate looking?

Besides, the best looking Maxwells were not terribly attractive in their youth.

Another reason to think Steve might read here-he's almost chatty in his responses to the commenters wishing him a happy birthday. He sometimes answers in a complete sentence!

There are two baby/toddler girls on my Facebook constantly. Both from friends in high school. Both have been bald for about 20+ months now. I actually wondered for a hot second if there was shaving.

It will grow in! At my age 2 Sears portrait mine was barely starting to grow in and couldn't even hold a barrette for babies. My daughter was wispy as well and you couldn't get enough for even tiny braids until 3+. We aren't fundy but loved those elastic headbands! (Although no ponytails - Josie's headband w/hair was one of the creepiest things I'd ever seen,)

It doesn't bother me, other than to make me think "On top of everything else, could they be Flat Earthers?!"

:shock: :lol:

Beat me to it!

Re babies' hair: My family is of Italian heritage, so our babies usually are born wearing little thick black wigs. My youngest sister married a guy of unknown heritage (he was adopted as a baby), and their daughter was virtually bald till she was two or so. My other sister and I actually worried that our niece had some kind of nutritional deficiency! Turns out she was blonde.

Sarah is delusional. "Gentle, compassionate, giving, transparent and thoughtful?" Steve?

I just read that out to Mr. P. who spent an hour listening to Steve rant at the menfolk at the Inspire! conference. I've getting a bit worried about Mr.P. because he's spent the last 5 minutes :laughing-lettersrofl: :cracking-up: :laughing-lettersrofl: I hope he'll calm down soon.

No snark for a moment, but is it just me? Steve does not look at all well in recent photos. Gaunt in the face and quite exhausted-looking. He is 64 (or perhaps just turned 65) if memory serves.

Maybe I'm being picky but it bothers me that Sarah wrote 'across the world' rather than ' around the world.' Just me? :?

Oh dontcha know? "Around the world" would imply the earth was rounded, anyone who went to Terri's homeschool knows the world is flat, hence "across".

Sarah is delusional. "Gentle, compassionate, giving, transparent and thoughtful?" Steve?

I just read that out to Mr. P. who spent an hour listening to Steve rant at the menfolk at the Inspire! conference. I've getting a bit worried about Mr.P. because he's spent the last 5 minutes :laughing-lettersrofl: :cracking-up: :laughing-lettersrofl: I hope he'll calm down soon.

No snark for a moment, but is it just me? Steve does not look at all well in recent photos. Gaunt in the face and quite exhausted-looking. He is 64 (or perhaps just turned 65) if memory serves.

Re the bolded: I thought the same thing Palimpsest. He recently shaved his beard off (which of course required a post from him mentioning several times that Terri prefers it shaven :puke-right:) and as soon as I saw him beardless I thought he immediately looked older. Or ill too, perhaps, but definitely older. I thought it may have just been the lighting in the photos...but it's not.

Even went John went overseas in April, there was no phrase like "travelling around the globe" or anything. They just had that odd "while he is in country" thing going on.

ETA: Clarification

It's totally logical that the Maxwells could be flat earthers. They certainly wouldn't know much about the world outside of the US.

I was thinking of you and Mr. P when I read that post and wondered if you guys were LOLing at Sarah's description of Steve!

Please extend another vote of thanks to Mr. P for taking on that awesome sacrifice for the FJ team. :happy-wavemulticolor:

It's totally logical that the Maxwells could be flat earthers. They certainly wouldn't know much about the world outside of the US.

Well, John went to some country on some continent somewhere on earth and he didn't fall off the edge. So maybe the Maxwells will have to rethink this?

Not to be mean but Lydia doesn't look right, like she has Down Syndrome or something.

I'm genuinely not snarking on a baby, but she doesn't look right to me either. I thought it was maybe just a family thing, but Joshua and the older girl (Ruthanne?) don't have that same look. If she does have something wrong with her, I feel very bad for her- it would suck to be a Maxwell under any circumstances, but I can't imagine how terrible and difficult it would be to be disabled and a Maxwell.

Wasn't Steve a pilot or aeronautics engineer? I don't think thats compatible with flat earthing.

Re the bolded: I thought the same thing Palimpsest. He recently shaved his beard off (which of course required a post from him mentioning several times that Terri prefers it shaven :puke-right:) and as soon as I saw him beardless I thought he immediately looked older. Or ill too, perhaps, but definitely older. I thought it may have just been the lighting in the photos...but it's not.

Even went John went overseas in April, there was no phrase like "travelling around the globe" or anything. They just had that odd "while he is in country" thing going on.

ETA: Clarification

"In country" is how soldiers referred to being in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. They referred to the US (or maybe anywhere else but Vietnam) as the World. Wasn't Steve in Thailand during the War?

Archived