IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder the people were looking at Shrader and Co. with such disdain! Not only did it appear he was giving out tracts that were printed on both sides, but he had no cookies or food!

Now if Esther could figure out how to write the gospel on cookies to pass out...

Converting with Cookies - possible post count title?

That would be dangerous. There are days I could be easily swayed to almost any belief system for the right cookie.

John got a care package full of beef jerky(the Zambian beef is lower grade than he likes) and ranch flavored sunflower seeds. He is glad people treat him like Paul in the Bible and send him stuff*.

2nsqrso.jpg

*Phillipians 4. He mentions it, see having people give him things he wants is biblical.

I assume that he shares little to none of this with his children, wife, or any of the people he's trying to "save." It's all about John.

Don't know why he is sporting that idiot smile. They only sent two bags of jerky. Seems a bit stingy. Sunflower seeds are probly cheaper. Check the best by dates.

Did they send anything to the kids?

(snipped)

The locals, especially in the rural communities view the white christian missionary's as a free meal. Food for Jesus, as one local put it. They come out from city to preach to them and they provide them a meal so they go eat their food listen to their crap and it is called an evening. We were in one village for 3 weeks and they had two missionary teams come and do that. It was funny that the locals are very open about how it works, I had one nurse who told me that she has been saved so many times that she has lost count, her comment was if they are that stupid to keep coming back with food especially cookies everyone will be saved as many times as necessary. They do play the missionary's from one brand of Christianity to another against each other. Local gossip was that one missionary team came without cookies and what we would call Kool-Aide, everyone showed up then left because the required food was not there. They were very upset because the last missionary team came and they printed on both sides of the paper so it was unless for their children in school, I was there for that drama.

The bolded just amuses me no end. People of Zambia ain't no dummies. :lol:

I wish the thread title wouldn't keep lodging this in my head. But maybe one of our parodists can run with it:

[bBvideo 560,340:1tqjvrsv]

[/bBvideo]

I know I shouldn't snark on looks, but I'm going to anyway. Shradenfreud looks like a doofus. That shit eating grin, those outdated glasses and dorky haircut - he doesn't look like a suave grifting type. Just by looking at him I'd never want to give him a dime.

John got a care package full of beef jerky(the Zambian beef is lower grade than he likes) and ranch flavored sunflower seeds. He is glad people treat him like Paul in the Bible and send him stuff*.

2nsqrso.jpg

*Phillipians 4. He mentions it, see having people give him things he wants is biblical.

So, John. You'd dare compare yourself with Paul? You really think you are up to his caliber?

OK. I'm all for you being treated like Paul was in the book of Acts:

Stoned (Acts 14:19)

Coworker fought with him (Acts 15:39)

Beaten and arrested (Acts 16:23)

Actually WORKED a job! (Acts 18:3)

Plotted against (Acts 20:3)

Slapped in the face (Acts 23:2)

Brought to court, on several occasions

Falsely accused (Acts 25:7)

Admitted his wrong-doing (Acts 26:9-11)

Shipwrecked (Acts 27)

Bitten by a viper (Acts 28:3-6)

Paid his own way (Acts 28:30)

So, how's about it, John? Oh, and remember: Paul didn't have a KJV Bible, didn't hand out tracts, and I bet'cha your ranch flavored sunflower seeds he blended in with the locals wherever he went.

Let's also not forget, missionary John, Paul's famous quote:

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. Philippians 4:11

I feel the Lord is calling me to help John be more like Paul. Every time I read this thread, I am lead to slap him in the face!

The kids did seem to get some candy too, but he mostly focused on the things he got.

Looking at the rest of the photos I'm amazed at all the books he brought. Those don't look like books used to teach the children either.

I"m just surprised John hasn't compared himself to Jesus.

I feel the Lord is calling me to help John be more like Paul. Every time I read this thread, I am lead to slap him in the face!

Me, too, Georgiana! :clap:

Converting with Cookies - possible post count title?

Juice for Jesus! Kool-Aid for Christ :lol:

That would be dangerous. There are days I could be easily swayed to almost any belief system for the right cookie.

:think: Pecan Sandies for Satan? Oreos for Odin?

I know I shouldn't snark on looks, but I'm going to anyway. Shradenfreud looks like a doofus. That shit eating grin, those outdated glasses and dorky haircut - he doesn't look like a suave grifting type. Just by looking at him I'd never want to give him a dime.

My first evil thought was, "I hope he chokes on a piece of beef jerky". That would wipe that shit-eating grin off of his useless, grifting face.

The kids did seem to get some candy too, but he mostly focused on the things he got.

Looking at the rest of the photos I'm amazed at all the books he brought. Those don't look like books used to teach the children either.

I"m just surprised John hasn't compared himself to Jesus.

I'm pretty sure he has. Every time he shares his strategy for one-on-one conversion, he reminds everyone that he is just like Jesus in that way!

You forgot the part where Paul says he was shipped to within inches of death on multiple occasions.

Yes, I am all for treating John like Paul was....

:think: Pecan Sandies for Satan? Oreos for Odin?

Missionary-ing for macaroons!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived