IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

John is really not a skilled photographer is he? The framing in this picture is abysmal.

But anyway, you see the face the lady on the far right is making? That's the face I would be making, too.

post-2315-14452000631782_thumb.jpg

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Shrader is married to Esther Keller, sister of Anna Keller Duggar (wife of child molester Josh Duggar).

For a couple of years they and their numerous children lived in a pop-up camper as they traveled the US, drumming up support for their ill-defined mission trip to Zambia.

Now they've been in Zambia for a year, and John has managed to save a grand total of about 3 souls, which means that he converted them from Christianity to the right kind of Christianity by tagging along to funerals and proselytizing at the mourners. He grifted a bunch of appliances (a matching fridge and freezer!), bought a super expensive SUV, and conveniently neglects to mention his grifted airplane which he can't fly because he doesn't have the key.

He has been dropped by his sending church, which is kind of an unheard of thing, and now his daddy's church is the new sending church. He's also lost almost all financial support. This is due to some sort of doctrinal dispute that I have no understanding of at all. His daddy is blaming satan (surprise!).

A few months ago his sister died, and he somehow managed to get his hands on donations made in her memory, instead of letting the money go to her husband and young daughter. Because John is a classy guy.

Now the other half of the original Team Zambia mission, a guy named David Rea, is ready to go to Zambia and open his own (much better planned and supported) print ministry. Because if there's anything that a developing country needs, it's warring print ministries. John seems to be feeling pressure from Rea's imminent arrival/challenge to his masculinity/godliness/grifting prowess, so he's begun laying the groundwork for an eventual move to Zimbabwe where I guess there will be less competition in the lucrative "handing out useless pieces of glossy paper" market.

The latest plea for money goes like this: John and his family went to the 89th Annual Lusaka Agricultural Show to hand out tracts. Not only did people drop them on the ground like they didn't even want them, but John got his pocket picked and his backpack stolen. And it wasn't just any old backpack. It was a Swiss Army backpack. So, you know, open your hears and your wallets, folks.

Join us, won't you, for John's further righteous adventures in darkest heathen Africa.

Previous discussion:

Part 1 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18815

Part 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22205

Part 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23034

Part 4 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24929

Not sure why I have not checked these people out until now. I learned from the Rodreguez thread you are not embellishing this. Sorry if this has been covered before but do the Keller's hate their daughters?

Not sure why I have not checked these people out until now. I learned from the Rodreguez thread you are not embellishing this. Sorry if this has been covered before but do the Keller's hate their daughters?

It seems that way, doesn't it? More likely Pa Keller is a bad judge of character.

Oh, man, David Rea is cut from the same cloth (I wonder what they fell out about, really)

He tells of his conversion attempts in Zambia on his facebook.

He starts in on a couple of gas station attendants who say they are SDA by telling them that leaving their home to go to church on the sabbath is breaking the sabbath and they want to do a Bible study with him now... gave them tracts and coordinated with them to set a time.

Witnessing to a woman who visited his church.

Sounds like John revisited. Heck if his goal is to convert SDA members, he could have tried that in the USA>

Is it a wonder the youngest daughter fled? :roll:

(Cue Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach.")

Is it a wonder the youngest daughter fled? :roll:

(Cue Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach.")

Yeah, it isn't as though he's picked any real winners.

Josh Duggar, apparently known to be a sister fondler

David Waller, more or less forced to get married to someone by his parents, despite voiced reluctance to find a girl to marry.

John Schrader, legalistic in every way except for the bits about supporting his family by working. A pop up trailer indeed!

David Waller, more or less forced to get married to someone by his parents, despite voiced reluctance to find a girl to marry.

John Schrader, legalistic in every way except for the bits about supporting his family by working. A pop up trailer indeed!

Pa Keller certainly failed in his duty to vet his sons-in-law on many levels.

When

I

Tried

Tracts,

Nobody

Enjoyed

Savoring

Such

Information.

Not

Good!

Who

Else,

Even

Piously,

Is

Neverendingly

Grifting?

Why

One

Never

Denies

Erroneous

Religion,

I'll

Never

Get.

Brother John

Saving

Heathens

Rigorously

And

Demanding

Everyone else's

Revenue!!!

And don't forget, JohnBoy didn't have a job when he married. In a "world" where women aren't supposed to work, a man shouldn't be considered until he is working....

I honestly think that these 3 are some of the worst fundie husbands we talk about on this board, save maybe Steve Maxwell and PP. Definitely the worst 2nd generation fundie husbands.

They had a family reunion about 4 years ago (before Priscilla was even engaged; she and the younger boys didn't attend). I'm wondering how their next family reunion would go - imagine those three idiots all fighting for the spotlight.

I honestly think that these 3 are some of the worst fundie husbands we talk about on this board, save maybe Steve Maxwell and PP. Definitely the worst 2nd generation fundie husbands.

They had a family reunion about 4 years ago (before Priscilla was even engaged; she and the younger boys didn't attend). I'm wondering how their next family reunion would go - imagine those three idiots all fighting for the spotlight.

its worse because they knew about Josh's past before hand, and arguably he may be the best of the lot.

Oh, man, David Rea is cut from the same cloth (I wonder what they fell out about, really)

He tells of his conversion attempts in Zambia on his facebook.

He starts in on a couple of gas station attendants who say they are SDA by telling them that leaving their home to go to church on the sabbath is breaking the sabbath and they want to do a Bible study with him now... gave them tracts and coordinated with them to set a time.

Witnessing to a woman who visited his church.

Sounds like John revisited. Heck if his goal is to convert SDA members, he could have tried that in the USA>

Forget everything I ever said about wishing that Rea would be more successful than Grifter and possibly get that plane in the air. Except for maybe being a smidge less lazy, he is as bad as John.

Now I will wish for Rea and Grifty to come face to face by chance and duel in out in the street in front of their "precious" converts ala the wild West.

Does anyone know how far apart these two idiots are in terms of miles or cities? I am sure they are both keeping tabs on the other.

ETA: Isn't Voddie headed to Zambia soon? That poor, poor country.

Forget everything I ever said about wishing that Rea would be more successful than Grifter and possibly get that plane in the air. Except for maybe being a smidge less lazy, he is as bad as John.

Now I will wish for Rea and Grifty to come face to face by chance and duel in out in the street in front of their "precious" converts ala the wild West.

Does anyone know how far apart these two idiots are in terms of miles or cities? I am sure they are both keeping tabs on the other.

Rea's rental is a mile or so outside Lusaka, and Shrader is some 30 miles away in Kafue.

I just got back from spending 8 weeks in Zambia with the John Hopkins Community Midwife and Medical program, this was my first time there. Had a great time and learned a lot and my students had a wonderful experience. All I can say is that you can't turn around and not run into white Christian missionary they have invaded the country, not for the good either. There are some that have started schools to teach English, very few, run into another group that are digging wells in remote villages, but majority of them are passing out pieces of paper written in English about dying and going to HELL if you do not accept Jesus, I should have saved them so you could see them. If it was not so sad it would be funny.

No I did not run into John.

I just got back from spending 8 weeks in Zambia with the John Hopkins Community Midwife and Medical program, this was my first time there. Had a great time and learned a lot and my students had a wonderful experience. All I can say is that you can't turn around and not run into white Christian missionary they have invaded the country, not for the good either. There are some that have started schools to teach English, very few, run into another group that are digging wells in remote villages, but majority of them are passing out pieces of paper written in English about dying and going to HELL if you do not accept Jesus, I should have saved them so you could see them. If it was not so sad it would be funny.

No I did not run into John.

That's really unfortunate. It's just such a waste of resources.

What is Zambia like overall? What are the people like? What do they think about these white Christians coming in to convert them from Christianity to...Christianity?

The Bauchams left the US today and will be in the UK for a time before continuing on to Zambia.

https://instagram.com/voddieb/ #zambiaherewecome #ukpitstoptour

Why and for shure he is young lassie, the book of Paul to the leprechauns. "And ye shall go forth and go braugh, tippin' yer hats te them that be needin' the holy tankards of the sacred brew." 1st leprechauns, 3:24 3:17.

Fixed that for ya. :lol:

That's really unfortunate. It's just such a waste of resources.

What is Zambia like overall? What are the people like? What do they think about these white Christians coming in to convert them from Christianity to...Christianity?

It is like any developing nation that was a colony-a lot of government corruption, local government officials need to bowed and pampered to. They still practice a number of native traditions, President and First Lady are well educated, Christian and support birth control along with education of girls.Took office this year. Unlike the past president and first lady that were trying to ban birth control services plus they were born again Christians so they loved missionaries.

The locals, especially in the rural communities view the white christian missionary's as a free meal. Food for Jesus, as one local put it. They come out from city to preach to them and they provide them a meal so they go eat their food listen to their crap and it is called an evening. We were in one village for 3 weeks and they had two missionary teams come and do that. It was funny that the locals are very open about how it works, I had one nurse who told me that she has been saved so many times that she has lost count, her comment was if they are that stupid to keep coming back with food especially cookies everyone will be saved as many times as necessary. They do play the missionary's from one brand of Christianity to another against each other. Local gossip was that one missionary team came without cookies and what we would call Kool-Aide, everyone showed up then left because the required food was not there. They were very upset because the last missionary team came and they printed on both sides of the paper so it was unless for their children in school, I was there for that drama.

I usually go to Kenya or Tanzania for the summer semester with my NP students however this year we could not get a University to support us, both of them have tougher rules regarding christian missionaries where Zambia is lack because the past president liked them. I see that changing.

Pa Keller certainly failed in his duty to vet his sons-in-law on many levels.

Rebekah got a good one though, did Pa Keller pick him? I know they went mainstream afterwards, but they were both ATI when they married - or am I wrong?

If that's the case it's sad that the Kellers are probably more disappointed with that match than the others.

Of the other three I don't know who got the rawest deal. Pre scandal and FRC I'd have said Josh was the best catch. A vapid blowhard but could easily be controlled with sex and snack cakes to do her bidding while thinking it was his idea. And he had some access to Duggar money which means no RV.

Post scandal he's the worst of the three for me. Between the other two prince charmings...I don't know. Marry TFDW and work exactly the right kind of obsequious bitchiness that would eventually cause him to lose it in a major and very unchristian way as I taped it for YouTube and my atty or John Shrader where all you can hope for is for him to be buried alive under an avalanche of pamphlets and where his body would feed hungry scavengers and that would be the most useful he's ever been.

I guess TFDW is the best in show since as horrible as his snide remarks and relentless condescension is that shit is easier to deal with in an actual house. And he does have a job, reprehensible as it is it's still a paycheck.

All I know is if Pa Keller picked my husband I'd have been gobbling birth control pills and Xanax from a Hello Kitty pez dispenser from day one.

Pecan, AKA The Fabulous Davey Waller looks pretty good when you stack the competition. But the competition is a jobless grifter and an admitted child molester so that isn't saying much.

Countessrascal thanks for the info on how Zambians few all the Christian missionary nuttery that has taken over that country. I had suspected as much. Competition amongst missionaries sounds fierce and if they don't come armed with cookies their version of Christianity is screwed.

Pecan, AKA The Fabulous Davey Waller looks pretty good when you stack the competition. But the competition is a jobless grifter and an admitted child molester so that isn't saying much.

Countessrascal thanks for the info on how Zambians few all the Christian missionary nuttery that has taken over that country. I had suspected as much. Competition amongst missionaries sounds fierce and if they don't come armed with cookies their version of Christianity is screwed.

Which is why John is doomed to fail (how he has lasted this long is beyond all of us). In John's world, it's the locals who provide him with free food/drink, not the other way around.

Glad you had a great semester, Countess. You do more good for people than all the Shrader's, Rea's and Voddie's of the world.

It is like any developing nation that was a colony-a lot of government corruption, local government officials need to bowed and pampered to. They still practice a number of native traditions, President and First Lady are well educated, Christian and support birth control along with education of girls.Took office this year. Unlike the past president and first lady that were trying to ban birth control services plus they were born again Christians so they loved missionaries.

The locals, especially in the rural communities view the white christian missionary's as a free meal. Food for Jesus, as one local put it. They come out from city to preach to them and they provide them a meal so they go eat their food listen to their crap and it is called an evening. We were in one village for 3 weeks and they had two missionary teams come and do that. It was funny that the locals are very open about how it works, I had one nurse who told me that she has been saved so many times that she has lost count, her comment was if they are that stupid to keep coming back with food especially cookies everyone will be saved as many times as necessary. They do play the missionary's from one brand of Christianity to another against each other. Local gossip was that one missionary team came without cookies and what we would call Kool-Aide, everyone showed up then left because the required food was not there. They were very upset because the last missionary team came and they printed on both sides of the paper so it was unless for their children in school, I was there for that drama.

I usually go to Kenya or Tanzania for the summer semester with my NP students however this year we could not get a University to support us, both of them have tougher rules regarding christian missionaries where Zambia is lack because the past president liked them. I see that changing.

That's really interesting - thanks for the information. It kind of puts Schrader's activities in another light. I can't imagine he's giving out cookies to people.

And John was so happy that his Copier From the Lord could print double-sided. No wonder people were throwing his tracts on the ground :lol:

I can kind of understand John wanting to distance himself from other missionaries who basically bribe the locals into quick conversions, but he fails to see the bigger picture. Zambians know about Christianity, and they know about Jesus, and they know about hell, and they're not interested. The area is saturated with people like him, who all think they're right but don't give the locals enough credit to see through the bullshit. It's not surprising that he's had to "import" gullible young men with traumatic histories to have any converts at all.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived