IGNORED

Ramping up the (1Ton)Ramp

Dark Matters

Looks like the Maxwells are ramping up the Ramp - moar courses!

blog.titus2.com/2015/07/13/new-itonramp-courses/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A two week course about browsing the internet? Really, Maxwellls?

It will take them at least two weeks to explain how the Internet will lead to DEATH and HELL.

These look like memes or parodies made with stock photos. Incredible.

Power browsing...is sure a phrase.

The third picture down of Nathan is particularly awful. Photography by Christopher no doubt.

I am a terrible photographer and have very little room to talk, but honestly that picture is something I would have trashed much less put up on a web site trying to sell something. It hurts my eyes to look at it.

That sound you hear is people beating down their door for the Jump Start course, so hurry and register as they will probably have to limit registration. :roll:

A two week course about browsing the internet? Really, Maxwellls?

Laugh all you want, but I have a feeling this might become their most popular course. I'm actually sort of fascinated myself as to how fundies surf the net without coming across anything that is against their beliefs.

The third picture down of Nathan is particularly awful. Photography by Christopher no doubt.

I am a terrible photographer and have very little room to talk, but honestly that picture is something I would have trashed much less put up on a web site trying to sell something. It hurts my eyes to look at it.

That sound you hear is people beating down their door for the Jump Start course, so hurry and register as they will probably have to limit registration. :roll:

Good grief! That picture is awful. They almost look totally different. In the second picture he's aged by about twenty years- he's suddenly got grey hair and is really losing his hair. He looks like he's Steve's age, not Steve's son.

Two WEEKS on how to browse the internet? Seriously? I mean, I know the Maxwells' target audience is assumed to be somewhat sheltered but TWO WEEKS? I love the bit about what to do if you mistype an address and end up somewhere you didn't want to be. Uh, proofread your typing before you hit return, maybe?

Honestly...I'd take that course just to see what's happening. I mean for heaven's sake, aren't these courses on the internet? Didn't their followers have to have at least some rudimentary knowledge of internet just to sign up for their emails to get notified about this?

It will take them at least two weeks to explain how the Internet will lead to DEATH and HELL.

:lol: :lol:

Well, at least a week of that is taken up by discussion of how evil the FJ forum is and how to ensure you exclude those results from your search...

To be fair, though, I work at a library and I am continually amazed at the degree to which people don't understand how to use a search engine. Just the basic concept of keywords seems to be outside of most people's understanding. People search with all sorts of common words, not grasping that you need to find the unique words that identify what you want. Also things like putting phrases in quotes when you want that exact string of text, etc.

On the other hand, I would think a one day session could cover all that nicely, including how to avoid certain results, which I'm sure is a part of their focus.

ETA: it looks like the browsing course is one week, not two. Still several times more than needed though, IMO.

Two WEEKS on how to browse the internet? Seriously? I mean, I know the Maxwells' target audience is assumed to be somewhat sheltered but TWO WEEKS? I love the bit about what to do if you mistype an address and end up somewhere you didn't want to be. Uh, proofread your typing before you hit return, maybe?

Lol, how long does it take to explain the concept of the "back" button? :lol:

Lol, how long does it take to explain the concept of the "back" button? :lol:

It probably includes some clearing of browser history in case wife or children happen upon it, and possibly some profuse apologizing to the headship if the wife discovered it :lol:

Honestly...I'd take that course just to see what's happening. I mean for heaven's sake, aren't these courses on the internet? Didn't their followers have to have at least some rudimentary knowledge of internet just to sign up for their emails to get notified about this?

Yes but to find those courses one would have to know how to browse the internet. Take the Maxwells course and see all the doors of possibility open for you! :lol:

(But seriously, I know the Maxwell audience is probably quite sheltered, and perhaps there are people who don't know how to browse the internet, but couldn't they just ask the nice young man at their church to show them in about half an hour?)

It probably includes some clearing of browser history in case wife or children happen upon it, and possibly some profuse apologizing to the headship if the wife discovered it :lol:

Ah, good point!

Yes but to find those courses one would have to know how to browse the internet. Take the Maxwells course and see all the doors of possibility open for you! :lol:

(But seriously, I know the Maxwell audience is probably quite sheltered, and perhaps there are people who don't know how to browse the internet, but couldn't they just ask the nice young man at their church to show them in about half an hour?)

That's exactly what I was thinking! I've seen plenty of how-to-use-the-internet courses offered at community and senior centers, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one offered over the internet before! :lol:

This reminds me of a library patron several years ago who was doing some geneaology research on the library computer. Into the search engine, he typed a woman's name, I believe, and possibly a location, maybe a year. Apparently the name was not an unusual one, so of course he got a long string of results, some of which were, shall we say, not G-rated. This gentleman, who was far from sober on this occasion, began loudly ranting about how it was disrespectful to the name of the ancestor he was searching for -- taking it all quite personally! I was not about to try explaining how the search engines worked to a drunken person, but encouraging him to not take it personally, to just ignore it and not click on it didn't appease him. He was certain it was aimed personally at him as an insult to his ancestor...

That's exactly what I was thinking! I've seen plenty of how-to-use-the-internet courses offered at community and senior centers, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one offered over the internet before! :lol:

This. I mean, the people who see this course are already on the internet. The only way this would make sense is if those who see the course would sign other people up. And then turn on the computer for them and open the video for the course.

This. I mean, the people who see this course are already on the internet. The only way this would make sense is if those who see the course would sign other people up. And then turn on the computer for them and open the video for the course.

Exactly! I can't figure how this would work, unless it's like SundayMorning suggested for totally inexperienced users, or it's just a slightly in-depth course for people who already use the webz but do nothing but google recipes. If somebody has any ideas, please enlighten me!

Nathan looks like he's capable of murder in that photo. Stevie is looking a little frail there... Side lighting is not your friend Maxwells...

Where are their gender caveats? Don't they usually have those...

I love the part where it says it looks like Apple products are becoming more common. Uh, you think? Oh my god, they are so out of it.

Even Stevie's getting in the game! Next we'll see "cooking with Anna" or "Mary's art"!

Now that their "touring" has gone bust, they need new revenue streams.

Nathan looks like he's capable of murder in that photo. Stevie is looking a little frail there... Side lighting is not your friend Maxwells...

Where are their gender caveats? Don't they usually have those...

No need! :lol:

Special note: Due to the low cost of the course, there won’t be any mentor contacts, phone calls, or learning materials.

And I love how they identify it as a "2-week course" when really it's just 2 scheduled webinars that take place during 2 consecutive weeks. Realistically, it probably is a 1-2 hour course.

ETA: Oh, and the picture of Nathan and his family at the bottom smacks of desperation. Help us support our PRECIOUS arrows children! SEND MONEY!

That website is so pretentious. It gives me the giggles every time I look at it. I'm super curious how much Nathan actually makes, with this being his primary occupation.

Where do they find the stupid people to take these courses? You can get the courses taught by Steve and Nathan at a community college that will be much cheaper and you would have college credit? Are people delusional enough to think you can take a Maxwell course and it will be recognized by the outside world? Do they consider themselves on the level of a real college or even a high school class? And the browser class is just sad. My advice? Just use google, it knows all and is free. I refuse to believe they have more than one or two students per class.

Archived