IGNORED

Nathan and Ashley Salyer - Courtship

jinseng

I think they wouldnt air if that was the case TBH. I got the impression that they only want to show the positive side of things. Even with Erin fertility issues they only talked about that in the show when they had already find a solution and what was causing them.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could be right. There is just something weird about marrying the first person you talk to/ have a relationship with!

3 hours ago, Diana said:

I think they wouldnt air if that was the case TBH. I got the impression that they only want to show the positive side of things. Even with Erin fertility issues they only talked about that in the show when they had already find a solution and what was causing them.

I actually wonder if Cherin themselves demanded some boundaries in how that was shown on the show (and if they did, good for them!). I remember when they had a scan to see if all was OK with baby Carson, you only heard audio and nothing inside was filmed. I can completely understand not wanting cameras on them and having limits on what they wish to share. 

15 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Just some food for thought--- if they did break up do you think the episodes would still air or would they pull them?

Hmm that's what I'm wondering. I have a really hard time seeing Ashley getting married soon, she's a flirt and she's incredibly immature. Just look on her Instagram. Yes I'm not the biggest Ashley fan! In case you were wondering! 

4 minutes ago, what the heck said:

Hmm that's what I'm wondering. I have a really hard time seeing Ashley getting married soon, she's a flirt and she's incredibly immature. Just look on her Instagram. Yes I'm not the biggest Ashley fan! In case you were wondering! 

I took a quick peek at her IG, and I don't see anything that's "flirty" per se. Also, she's a young adult; she's going to have silly pictures on her IG just like I do and every other young person I know.

18 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I took a quick peek at her IG, and I don't see anything that's "flirty" per se. Also, she's a young adult; she's going to have silly pictures on her IG just like I do and every other young person I know.

I'm sure you are right, sometimes I judge others too harshly!

9 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Anyone know how old she is?  (I believe he's 21-22).

This is from a post in October:

Ashley Turned 20 on May 14. Nathan turned 22 on August 29.

If she's only 20, I hope they don't push her into marriage before she's ready.  She's still really young.

Yeah, um,  I think it's a little too late for you to hold out hope for that. 

I'm not a young adult and I post plenty of silly pics on Facebook and Instagram. ;-)

Ashley doesn't seem any more immature than your average 20 year old. Her Instagram is pretty on par of what I'd expect someone that age to be posting. 

I know it's too late for me to hope I just can't help it. I'm miserable ok I care about someone I'll probably never have a chance with!

3 minutes ago, what the heck said:

I know it's too late for me to hope I just can't help it. I'm miserable ok I care about someone I'll probably never have a chance with!

I hope you're speaking of someone you know in real life and not just from TV :-/

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just found a blog Ashley started when she was 15.

What are the rules for posting links? Wasn't sure if I could post it here.

I thought maybe her family seemed less fundie than the Bateses, but in an entry from 2011 she writes:

"Although I must confess that the kitchen is not my comfort zone I realize that it is my God given role to be a keeper of the home and a help meet to my husband one day. I realize that if I don't practice homemaking skills now it will be much harder to learn it when I am already married. Please pray that God will give us all the grace to complete our roles and love being women! I desire to be more comfortable in the kitchen because it should be a place where a women delights in preparing meals for her family! I encourage you all to experiment in the kitchen and not be afraid to role up your sleeves and get a little dirty because by doing so we are delighting in our role!"

This makes me so sad...

:cry:

1 minute ago, Johannah said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just found a blog Ashley started when she was 15.

I thought maybe her family seemed less fundie than the Bateses, but in an entry from 2011 she writes:

"Although I must confess that the kitchen is not my comfort zone I realize that it is my God given role to be a keeper of the home and a help meet to my husband one day. I realize that if I don't practice homemaking skills now it will be much harder to learn it when I am already married. Please pray that God will give us all the grace to complete our roles and love being women! I desire to be more comfortable in the kitchen because it should be a place where a women delights in preparing meals for her family! I encourage you all to experiment in the kitchen and not be afraid to role up your sleeves and get a little dirty because by doing so we are delighting in our role!"

This makes me so sad...

:cry:

Gee whiz have these women never experienced the wonderful world of take out, how about the freezer section of a grocery store, the local deli?

3 minutes ago, Johannah said:

From the Guidelines:

Do NOT post private information about individuals. Private information includes information gleaned from private Facebook pages, private message boards and forums, and invite only blogs, UNLESS the individual in question verifies with an admin or media relations that posting such info here is ok. That is the only way such info is allowed. Unverified third party posting is absolutely unacceptable in all circumstances.

Paraphrasing is allowed. If you are facebook friends with a fundie, you can say “I saw so and so is pregnant.” You cannot share pictures and a birth story. Treemom describing meeting Steve Maxwell at a conference is fine. It is a first person narrative of her own experience. A member posting Facebook conversation with a Fundie in which they are peppering the fundie with questions is not the same. There is no way of knowing if the person answering on the other end is even really the fundie, for example. It is not the same type of experience.

So, if it's publicly available, it's fine to post here.

Ashley attended a culinary program last year, as previously discussed on FJ.  She also was a pretty intensive music student growing up.

5 hours ago, what the heck said:

Do you know Ashley Sayler personally?  I see that you joined FJ 4 days ago.

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Yep it's publicly available. Found it through the Google

http://feminineatheart.blogspot.com/?m=1

I love being a woman and have excepted the role that God has designed for me in his word. 

That misused word straight outta the SOTDRT makes for one hell of a unintentional freudian slip......

21 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Oh god yes, I know these feels.

People think I'm the most lucky person alive to grow up where I did........right near the beach and with sunny and hot weather year round.

I actually grew up wishing I lived somewhere else. 

I hate the beach and I hated how every holiday had to be to the 'glorious beach'. 

I hate humidity. I hate hot weather. I hated not having seasons. I hated having to be covered in greasy sun screen year round. I hate it being too told 8 months of the year to walk 2 blocks without drowning in sweat. I hated the conservative vibe of my town. I was always tired and cranky from heat exhaustion. 

I hated everything about where I grew up and relocated at the first opportunity to somewhere with a milder climate, more liberal, and known for having 4 distinct seasons....and a generally much cooler summer with no humidity. 

For all we know, Ashley can't wait to get out of the noisy and crowded Bronx and looks forward to living somewhere where she has a back yard and horses and quiet. 

(^ Or she may not. Who knows. But I definitely agree that you can't assume everyone who grows up somewhere "cool" likes it there). 

Same feelings here, but for opposite reasons.

I hate the cold, dry air, or winter anything. Loath hockey. Can't stand masses of nature in close proximity and the frequent expectation that I will venture out into them.

Love warm, humid air, Macy's, baseball, oceans and hoards of ambient people who I can watch, but don't have to talk to.

Yet, for reasons of family and practicality, here I am, in the frozen, landlocked North.

Lots of times people live where they have to and/or where life puts them. If this courtship moves forward, I hope for both their sakes that they are able to find a place they both like living in.

41 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do you know Ashley Sayler personally?  I see that you joined FJ 4 days ago.

No I do not. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived