IGNORED

4th of July at Elissa and Joe Maxwells

SPHASH

I deliberately put Elissa's name first in the thread title since most likely she did all the prep work and Joe didn't lift a finger. Anyway they had the 4th of July breakfast at their house. Didn't Nate and Mel used to host it? Ruthie is still wearing a frumper, Steve ignores his grandaughters and only holds Drew and Josh. Speaking of Drew today is his birthday and he really has his sister's facial features now. Back to Steve, come on you could hold Ruthie and Lydia. Even Joe was holding Ruthie. They had some kind of quiche that looked nasty. Also an elderly male neighbor was invited, perhaps Gigi is courting? And someone named Liz and an unidentified little girl was there. Is this the Liz that is married to Dave the missionary friend? Abby wore a long denim skirt again. It also looks like Drew wore shorts. Sarah's bible verse justifying Independence Day was weird. I though Independence Day was a pagan holiday.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought she looked familiar. Is she the one who didn't want kids then God changed her mind?

Dammit now I have to find out who they are and I thought I was done fundie stalking for the night.

I was surprised to see that there were friends at this party and that the friends weren't all "elderly". It's nice to think of Elissa and Joe spending time with another young couple and their baby, the same way lots of young married folks do.

Also an elderly male neighbor was invited, perhaps Gigi is courting?

Or Sarah?

Thencomments say not missionaries. Just friends who met the Maxwells through titus2 and they don't live locally.

Lol one of you assholes commented about Liz back in 2012:

Is that another sister or what some may call a friend?

>>>>>>

A friend

Elissa's "baby bump" has really popped. Her smile looks genuine too- you can tell she's a still a bit of a newcomer to Maxhell. ;)

Teri looks really pissed off in the last pic.

Is it pissed off or completely resigned and awaiting death? I can't quite tell. She definitely seems disconnected, sad, judgmental, and set apart.

I also find it interesting that on the previously posted pictures, the daughters and granddaughters are regaled as "daughters of the King." I know that's supposed to mean some kind of divine creator, but methinks Stevie has usurped that position.

Is it pissed off or completely resigned and awaiting death? I can't quite tell. She definitely seems disconnected, sad, judgmental, and set apart.

She's probably thinking of something that Steve needs to be reminded of and is having to go through the mental gymnastics of ensuring that her thoughts don't lead her to not reverence her headship.

She's probably thinking of something that Steve needs to be reminded of and is having to go through the mental gymnastics of ensuring that her thoughts don't lead her to not reverence her headship.

"Reverence is now a verb. Reverence is now a verb. I reverence my husband. It's fine that Grandma is still sweltering in the car. G-d will prompt him to remember her and bring her indoors." :pray:

Elissa's "baby bump" has really popped. Her smile looks genuine too- you can tell she's a still a bit of a newcomer to Maxhell. ;)

Let's hope she remains foreign to many of their ways...

The younger girls have not yet perfected the Maxwell "smile"--they look like they're grimacing in pain.

The younger girls have not yet perfected the Maxwell "smile"--they look like they're grimacing in pain.

When I was a kid and was told to smile, I'd put on a fake smile out of spite. Even today I can't fake a genuine smile even if I try.

Most of all, I’m grateful to be a child of Jesus Christ, a handmaiden of the Lord, bought and paid for by His blood.

I understand the concept of the Lord 'owning' you, but sometimes Sarah takes it to a weird place. She makes them sound like brainwashed slaves.

I understand the concept of the Lord 'owning' you, but sometimes Sarah takes it to a weird place. She makes them sound like brainwashed slaves.

Well, if the shoe fits...

ETA: It's strange that they included that sad, tired-looking pic of Teri; given how, in Maxhell, everybody must always stop in the middle of what they're doing, look directly into the camera, and plaster a big, toothy smile on their face.

Maybe it's just the kind of unflattering shot we all inadvertently take of our loved ones, but it's odd that it actually made it onto the blog, given how nobody's ever allowed to appear anything but happy and enthusiastic in that family.

No frumpers for Elissa, that's for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a Maxwell in anything quite so form fitting, pregnant or not. Watch out, Elissa!

14t7pcx.jpg

I deliberately put Elissa's name first in the thread title since most likely she did all the prep work and Joe didn't lift a finger. Anyway they had the 4th of July breakfast at their house. Didn't Nate and Mel used to host it? Ruthie is still wearing a frumper, Steve ignores his grandaughters and only holds Drew and Josh. Speaking of Drew today is his birthday and he really has his sister's facial features now. Back to Steve, come on you could hold Ruthie and Lydia. Even Joe was holding Ruthie. They had some kind of quiche that looked nasty. Also an elderly male neighbor was invited, perhaps Gigi is courting? And someone named Liz and an unidentified little girl was there. Is this the Liz that is married to Dave the missionary friend? Abby wore a long denim skirt again. It also looks like Drew wore shorts. Sarah's bible verse justifying Independence Day was weird. I though Independence Day was a pagan holiday.

Yep, Nathan and Melanie used to host a neighborhood 4th cookout. I'm sure they were happy to hand it off now that they have four kids. At least I would have been.

That's how my daughter genuinely smiled until she was older.

No frumpers for Elissa, that's for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a Maxwell in anything quite so form fitting, pregnant or not. Watch out, Elissa!

14t7pcx.jpg

Well at least she had the decency to put on a jacket to hide her shape a little. :snooty:

Other thoughts:

- John looks dreamy.

- Drew looks like Tina.

- Teri looks like the miserable person I'd bet she is.

I would think a jean jacket on the Fourth of July would be rather hot for a pregnant woman, don't you? Elissa is also wearing lipstick; granted, it's a pale pink -dare I say it?- almost nude, but it's still lipstick. Do any other of the Maxwell women wear lipstick? I know Teri doesn't wear any cosmetics, but do any of the daughters or daughters-in-law?

Ruthann's has on one of NR Anna's ridiculous bib contraptions.

Christopher and Anna do not make beautiful babies.

Nathan and Melanie do.

The older man looks too young for GiGi. Perhaps he really is there for Sarah!

I would think a jean jacket on the Fourth of July would be rather hot for a pregnant woman, don't you? Elissa is also wearing lipstick; granted, it's a pale pink -dare I say it?- almost nude, but it's still lipstick. Do any other of the Maxwell women wear lipstick? I know Teri doesn't wear any cosmetics, but do any of the daughters or daughters-in-law?

Melanie used to wear light makeup including lipstick, but I haven't seen a pic of her wearing it in years. Mary wears foundation sometimes.

Archived