IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you, Meri! Encourage Janelle and Christine to leave too! :wink-kitty:

Well, good! I'm not a huge Meri fan, but I imagine if I were in her position, I'd have been sullen and cantankerous too. Hope she finds happiness in an equal relationship with someone who loves her.

So she's not just not married to him, she's REALLY not married to him!! :cracking-up:

Is this a reliable source? I just don't know if I believe it. Meri introduced Robin to the family and said she was getting the divorce do Robin would have protection financially and legally for the other kids she had. Meri and Robin were very close. If it is true, I doubt it has anything to do with Robin. Of course I guess that's just what they say on TV.

So she's not just not married to him, she's REALLY not married to him!! :cracking-up:

Woo hoo! To be fair, there is only so long one can look at Kody's hair, put up with his personality AND know he's sleeping with other women. :dance:

Very interesting. Meri always seemed like a powder keg that everyone else was tip toeing around. If she has physically left the family- what will they do with her house? It's not like someone else is going to want to move into a polygamous compound in Las Vegas. I think her breaking ties but staying in the house would be even more awkward.

I wonder if Kody was ever on any of the kids birth certificates except for Meri's daughter? I would think that Janelle and Christine would be in a prime position for financial aid as their kids start coming of age for college if no father is on record. I wouldn't be surprised if they left too, but not until the kids are older.

If that's what she wants, then I'm happy for her. I haven't read what the rest of FJ thinks of the Brown family, but compared to the Colorado City flavor of polygamy, they are really pretty good. I don't understand why people hate polygamy itself so much. Much like other fundies it's the insular nature the faith has taken on that has led to the abuse we see. I have no problem with polygamy so long as it's between consenting adults (and not bigamy, everyone has to know about each other).

I live fairly close to Colorado City so I've seen quite a few of these folks over the years. It seems to me that the Browns are so much more functional than the Warren Jeff devotees. They educate their children (how many are off at college now?) and the division of labor is among adults, not mostly among the children like the Duggars. Even the sort of Quiver full nature they seem to have is at least split up between several uteri (uteruses?). It just seems to me that they really aren't hurting anyone here. Am I missing something? Is it Kody's personality? There are plenty of people who I couldn't imagine being married to. That doesn't make them bad people.

After reading the article, it seems no better than when Us Weekly or In Touch are speculating that two celebrities are dating because of an 'inside source'. They don't even have a picture of them together, so I'm pretty skeptical of this whole thing.

After reading the article, it seems no better than when Us Weekly or In Touch are speculating that two celebrities are dating because of an 'inside source'. They don't even have a picture of them together, so I'm pretty skeptical of this whole thing.

Exactly

I'll believe it once the family confirms she has left.

I'm sure we'll get a flurry of tweets very soon from Meri and Robyn which say that Meri's relationship with this guy is just a friendship and that she is still very much a part of the family.

There is something up with her, though. She is on Twitter basically all day. I find her friendship with this Twitter guy to be inappropriate. She tweets a zillion inspirational quotes but can't tweet Kody a happy fathers day?

If that's what she wants, then I'm happy for her. I haven't read what the rest of FJ thinks of the Brown family, but compared to the Colorado City flavor of polygamy, they are really pretty good. I don't understand why people hate polygamy itself so much. Much like other fundies it's the insular nature the faith has taken on that has led to the abuse we see. I have no problem with polygamy so long as it's between consenting adults (and not bigamy, everyone has to know about each other).

I live fairly close to Colorado City so I've seen quite a few of these folks over the years. It seems to me that the Browns are so much more functional than the Warren Jeff devotees. They educate their children (how many are off at college now?) and the division of labor is among adults, not mostly among the children like the Duggars. Even the sort of Quiver full nature they seem to have is at least split up between several uteri (uteruses?). It just seems to me that they really aren't hurting anyone here. Am I missing something? Is it Kody's personality? There are plenty of people who I couldn't imagine being married to. That doesn't make them bad people.

You make very good points that the Browns do a lot or education of their children. The snark factor, for me personally, is the way Kody favors Robyn over his other wives. I feel like the Browns may have had a good, functional thing going in Utah with Meri, Janelle and Christine as his wives, but once Robyn showed up and they moved to Vegas, everything changed. The biggest losers in terms of Kody's time and attention have been Janelle and Christine. This past season Kody acted as though he basically hates Christine and he has always treated Janelle as a co-worker or friend rather than a romantic interest. I think he keeps Janelle around because she is a hard worker and earns money, Robyn is the romantic love of his life, and I don't think he knows why he stays with Christine. It used to be that she was the stay at home mom that raised the kids, but he now has Robyn for that and Christine's personality seems to just grate on him and likewise for her. Robyn is also snark-able in her personality. She comes off as self-centered and cries constantly seemingly for attention. Hence, the nickname, Sobyn.

Okay, so we don't snark on them for polygamy itself, just the dynamics between these reality TV "characters". I'm down with that.lol My husband and I were commenting on how many men might idealize having more than one wife, but how Kody always seems so frazzled and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. 4 girlfriends would be one thing, but 4 wives is quite another.

You make very good points that the Browns do a lot or education of their children. The snark factor, for me personally, is the way Kody favors Robyn over his other wives. I feel like the Browns may have had a good, functional thing going in Utah with Meri, Janelle and Christine as his wives, but once Robyn showed up and they moved to Vegas, everything changed. The biggest losers in terms of Kody's time and attention have been Janelle and Christine. This past season Kody acted as though he basically hates Christine and he has always treated Janelle as a co-worker or friend rather than a romantic interest. I think he keeps Janelle around because she is a hard worker and earns money, Robyn is the romantic love of his life, and I don't think he knows why he stays with Christine. It used to be that she was the stay at home mom that raised the kids, but he now has Robyn for that and Christine's personality seems to just grate on him and likewise for her. Robyn is also snark-able in her personality. She comes off as self-centered and cries constantly seemingly for attention. Hence, the nickname, Sobyn.

How quickly we forget the rotating bankruptcies. I have no idea how these people qualified for their mortgages. Has anyone had a normal job in years?

Realty is a normal job, though I can't vouch for how normally they did it. Lol

I never really looked these people up. What I know, I mostly know from the show. I think I missed this last season though. I saw the ad for the divorce thing, but never saw the show.

Hey, I'm a new FJ-poster but I've been lurking for a bit, so let me know if I mess up any of the etiquette.

I just noticed that on Meri's twitter her little bio reads, "You know you have made the right decision when there is peace in your heart. ;-)"

Does anyone know if it said that before? I just thought it was odd, especially with the winky-face and all.

But when you are raised in a religion that tells you that you must be in a polygamous marriage in order to make it to (the highest level of) heaven, is it really an equal relationship between consenting adults? The wives believe that if they leave, they are facing eternal consequences.

(Their audaciously bad financial decisions are also highly snarkable.)

Many religions believe that divorce equals hell. Clearly it didn't stop Robyn. They've said many times that there are plenty of folks in their church that don't practice the polygamy part. The Colorado City people on the other hand... That is the least of their problems.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived