IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

Can we not speculate about why Jana didn't tell the detective she was molested? Whether she was or wasn't or lied about it, it's her own business. Not ours.

And, frankly, if Jana currently visits or will eventually visit the "scary" parts of the internet (like fj), in-depth discussion of whether or not she was molested will probably be very upsetting.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the recent huge shift in the financial perspectives of the Duggar family will make Boob want to marry off Jana. Since women in their cult aren't allowed to work outside of the home, she won't be able to generate any additional income and he will be stuck with providing for her forever. With their income dwindling down, that could be a problem. We all know how much Boob loves his money, so I wouldn't be surprised if the tried to get rid of the people he has to pay for as fast as possible.

Now that Josie is almost 6 and the lost girls are at an age where the original J'Slaves started to be sister-moms and housekeepers, I think they could spare her workforce. By the time that Jinger and Joy will have left the house too, the lost girls could take over fully.

I just hope that Boob won't force Jana to marry some guy she doesn't really want to get married to.

I wonder if the recent huge shift in the financial perspectives of the Duggar family will make Boob want to marry off Jana. Since women in their cult aren't allowed to work outside of the home, she won't be able to generate any additional income and he will be stuck with providing for her forever. With their income dwindling down, that could be a problem. We all know how much Boob loves his money, so I wouldn't be surprised if the tried to get rid of the people he has to pay for as fast as possible.

Now that Josie is almost 6 and the lost girls are at an age where the original J'Slaves started to be sister-moms and housekeepers, I think they could spare her workforce. By the time that Jinger and Joy will have left the house too, the lost girls could take over fully.

I just hope that Boob won't force Jana to marry some guy she doesn't really want to get married to.

I wouldn't be surprised, if we hear about Jana courtship and marriage within the next year or two. Other possibilities for courtships and marriages within the next two years are Jinger and possibly Joseph.

Joy and Marjorie are the same age. She's also a candidate for a courtship, though eyebrows will be raised if she courts before both Jana and Jinger.

well really if they marry them off they would have 2 more mouth to feed as each husband so far hasnt had a job except for derrick who gave up his job...

I wouldn't be surprised, if we hear about Jana courtship and marriage within the next year or two. Other possibilities for courtships and marriages within the next two years are Jinger and possibly Joseph.

Didn't we think that Joseph was close to/courting under the radar Tori Bates?

Joy and Marjorie are the same age. She's also a candidate for a courtship, though eyebrows will be raised if she courts before both Jana and Jinger.

If they want to save money, I don't think they'll be marrying any girls off (since the girl's family pays for the wedding). They've got a bunch of boys they could marry off in the coming years, though.

If they want to save money, I don't think they'll be marrying any girls off (since the girl's family pays for the wedding). They've got a bunch of boys they could marry off in the coming years, though.

Wouldn't marrying off boys be worse in a way? With girls there is an upfront cost of a wedding, but it's their husbands who would (theoretically) be expected to act as breadwinners long-term. But the boys they'd probably need to support more long-term, assuming they all have large families and few job prospects. Then again, the way that the 2 married girls' husbands seem to have been assimilated into the clan so far, I suppose the Duggars might just be stuck trying to support everyone down the line. It's almost like it's a bad idea to give your kids no proper education or career training, then encourage them to have eleventy million mouths to feed...

I think only time will tell for what any of the unmarried kids' futures will be. If the financial hit is as big as we all assume, it'll probably take a year or two for them all to really feel the pinch. If stuff's gonna happen (kids breaking away, etc.), I'd guess it's going to be after they've had time to comprehend their changing fortunes and why things are different/worse.

I am not sure why anyone thinks that Jim Bob is going to suddenly start marrying off the kids to save money since the show is over. He and Michelle kept having child after child when they no where near had as much money as they do now. Jim Bob has never seemed to be one to get rid of his kids to save money, he would just spend less money. Plus, he has a better chance of making money while the kids are still unmarried and under his control. It is always possible one of the girls may marry a man with a backbone, unlike Derrick or Ben, and then the new hubby will be the one in charge.

Why should Jim Bob and Michelle be in a hurry to marry Jana off? She is cheap labor to run their household and be a personal servant as they age. She is experienced and competent and would be much harder to sell on the marriage mart than her more fertile and naive younger sisters.

Why should Jim Bob and Michelle be in a hurry to marry Jana off? She is cheap labor to run their household and be a personal servant as they age. She is experienced and competent and would be much harder to sell on the marriage mart than her more fertile and naive younger sisters.

A. The older she gets the harder it'll be (theoretically). B. She's beautiful and probably already has dropped the number of blessings she can have by at least four. C. She was very active in helping track her mom's cycles -could be pretty appealing to a realistic fundie guy.

What fundie guy would we really want for Jana though? If we were picking now from the known fundies, who would we have her marry?

I agree with the one above who said that she will have at least 4 children less than she could have had at 25 now.

I feel that she is intelligent and SLY enough (with JB you need to be very sly to get your way) to successfully refuse any courtship until now. I think JB recieved many courtship demands from the time Josh got married, so Jana was 19. She could have been married by 19 and could be with 4-6 children now.

And I still hope that she will wait until 30, so the number of her blessings will stay in the single digets.

But I fear that with Michael Bates getting married this year and being her maid of honor (she is the maid of honor for the second time!) the pressure will mount. I hope she can resist if she wants to.

What fundie guy would we really want for Jana though? If we were picking now from the known fundies, who would we have her marry?

I think she would be happy with one of the Arndt manboys. I just can't imagine J'Chelle getting along with Cathy though.

I agree with the one above who said that she will have at least 4 children less than she could have had at 25 now.

I feel that she is intelligent and SLY enough (with JB you need to be very sly to get your way) to successfully refuse any courtship until now. I think JB recieved many courtship demands from the time Josh got married, so Jana was 19. She could have been married by 19 and could be with 4-6 children now.

And I still hope that she will wait until 30, so the number of her blessings will stay in the single digets.

But I fear that with Michael Bates getting married this year and being her maid of honor (she is the maid of honor for the second time!) the pressure will mount. I hope she can resist if she wants to.

I thought Jana was a bridesmaid and that Michael went with a matron (Kelly) instead of a maid of honor.

I don't think Jim Bob will keep marrying his kids off for financial reasons, but I do think he will keep marrying them off because, a) for all his faults I do believe he loves his children and if one of them meets someone they're really into AND Jim Bob finds they meet his standards, he'll let them marry, and b) it looks good for his brand, especially now. Being able to marry off his kids proves that he's still successful and people are still attracted to the family, despite the revelations about Josh and the cancellation of the show.

I think she would be happy with one of the Arndt manboys. I just can't imagine J'Chelle getting along with Cathy though.

Mommy Arndt is cheerful,organized and resourceful and didn't have any J-slaves to cook, clean, and educate her brood. She and her husband may also be masterful brain washers who have somehow managed to emotionally stunt their kids and keep them on a leash even when they are thousands of miles away, but that aside, Michelle has nothing on Cathy. Cathy would pleasantly tolerate Michelle, but I think Michelle would be mystified by Cathy. But then again, who isn't mystified by the Arndts?

And lest we forget, the Arndts are Catholic....to the Duggars, they may as well be Jewish. :lol:

Remember Josh's bitchy comments about how Catholics have "wrong beliefs" around the time of the Santorum campaign?

Mommy Arndt is cheerful,organized and resourceful and didn't have any J-slaves to cook, clean, and educate her brood. She and her husband may also be masterful brain washers who have somehow managed to emotionally stunt their kids and keep them on a leash even when they are thousands of miles away, but that aside, Michelle has nothing on Cathy. Cathy would pleasantly tolerate Michelle, but I think Michelle would be mystified by Cathy. But then again, who isn't mystified by the Arndts?

This is why I didn't suggest the Arndts. Then again... Maybe Jana wants to rebel and her version of rebelling is converting to the fundamentalist of the fundamentalist, Roman Catholic church. Before Martin Luther got all up in dat Jesus bidness.

That actually might be a good post count title: "All Up in dat Jesus Bidness."

This is why I didn't suggest the Arndts. Then again... Maybe Jana wants to rebel and her version of rebelling is converting to the fundamentalist of the fundamentalist, Roman Catholic church. Before Martin Luther got all up in dat Jesus bidness.

That actually might be a good post count title: "All Up in dat Jesus Bidness."

Not sure what the Arndts are now, but they aren't Roman Catholic anymore. Maybe some fundie offshoot, but no connection with the Pope. It seems like they've cobbled together their own religion, and why not? They are the Arndts and that means that are super duper extra special. No woman yet as measured up for any of the Arndt men, and I'm sure Jana would not be acceptable to Mommy and Daddy for a host of reasons.

You know I just do not get how all these fundies are keeping all these people in their 20s all clean and virginal.

Seriously---does anyone believe that people in their mid 20s are still holding out?

Fundies marry early because its the only way they can have sex. The Duggars have a brood of unmarrieds in their 20s and late teens. I dont understand why everyone over 20 hasn't married yet.

You know I just do not get how all these fundies are keeping all these people in their 20s all clean and virginal.

Seriously---does anyone believe that people in their mid 20s are still holding out?

Fundies marry early because its the only way they can have sex. The Duggars have a brood of unmarrieds in their 20s and late teens. I dont understand why everyone over 20 hasn't married yet.

My sister's in her mid 20s and, unless she kissed someone last night, I'm like 99.9999% certain she hasn't even kissed anyone. Though, I have a feeling she might be asexual because she's never really been into other people and her dream family is just her with a child or two that she adopted.

um i'm in my 20's and am holding out

I have a fundie lite friend who held out until her mid 20's (when she married). Her husband did as well. I think it is very "easy" when you are watched like a hawk all the time and brainwashed into thinking you will go to hell if you have premarital sex. She didn't know anything about sex when she got married. Her husband had to teach her how to do it :?

My husband and I came from a pentecostal church. We all (our youth group clique) got married pretty young to our high school sweethearts. We all claimed we were virgins when we got married but we all lied. After we were all married we shared stories about hiding it, lying, and sneaking around :lol:

I held out till 26. Not asexual, not fundi, not from a purity culture, it was just the right decision for me. My family wouldn't believe me (tried to push me into being on BC, just in case) and same with by doctors. If its something YOU want its not hard, its only a problem when its something pushed on you by others.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived