IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

16 hours ago, Purrl said:

I honestly hope that when the time comes and Jana does get married all we see is a TH at the end of a program (or a short article in a magazine) stating, "We want to congratulate Jana on her recent marriage to --". And then a stream of snapshots. Keep it private and personal, just like she seems to be. No huge ceremony, no TLC filming, just Jinger's photos and a simple videographer.

Sadly with Jim bob calling the shots that likely won't happen. If he has to pay for a wedding, he wants to make sure he gets something in return - TLC's cash.

I'd love for Jana to be able to have a private wedding to a decent man she has chosen, then to live her life low key and happy. In reality Boob will have the Lord "lay it onto her heart" to marry a Ben Seewald 2.0, a complete famewhore.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Kira said:

Is Jana courting someone in Alabama? http://19kidsandloving.tumblr.com/post/143690506170/some-of-my-friends-from-church-were-there-and#notes

A few anonymous sources are saying Jana, Jill and Jessa left the Bates party early to go to Alabama http://19kidsandloving.tumblr.com/

I had heard someone say they left early because they possibly needed to go catch a plane to go to an engagement in Alabama.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 30, 2016 at 7:50 PM, scribble said:

Me neither. But your post got me thinking.... the Duggars actually DO believe that tracts will bring people to Jesus, right? And if so, might a tract given to the right kiddult actually spark some critical thinking about their lifestyle.

(I'm in no way suggesting that someone should give them a tract of any kind.... just thinking out loud, really, about the fact they seem to think they have some impact on others.)

I have a collection of tracts I have been given over the years. They are mostly Jack Chicks but lately they are JWs. The JW ones have the worst illustrations.  I'm fascinated by the bad artwork in the same way that I like bad movies,( I'm a MST3K fan.) ;)

I once read that someone said 'fundamentalism is the death of creativity.'  I don't know if this is a legit quote from a person who knew or knows about this stuff or if it's just Internet BS. Either way, I'm inclined to agree with it.

I shred tracts and put them in the feline headship's litter box.

I don't think anyone is meaning none of them can be happy. The problem is thinking the huggers who think they are ALL happy, and would leave if they weren't. These beliefs are so toxic they likely feel they couldn't be happy any other way, and as said above, they would think anyone is crazy for saying otherwise. If you read stories from those who have left Patriarchy/QF/ATI, you find it isn't easy.

They want closeness with their family, but they want freedom. I read an article which said the young adult Duggars needed permission to go out with Amy. They likely see her as 'bad influence' since she obviously won't have  a honeymoon baby, wears jeans, and watches secular tv..It's hard to leave if anyone that may could help you is restricted.

My hope for Jana is to live how she wants with or without a husband. I wanna see pics of her graduating college or on road trips with no chaperon.

4 hours ago, roddma said:

They want closeness with their family, but they want freedom. I read an article which said the young adult Duggars needed permission to go out with Amy. They likely see her as 'bad influence' since she obviously won't have  a honeymoon baby, wears jeans, and watches secular tv..It's hard to leave if anyone that may could help you is restricted.

It's weird to me how selective the Duggars are with who they associate with. The majority of their friends are people like them-- skirt wearing, baby baring, courtship practicing fundies....but they do have some more "moderate" christian friends. They go to accredited colleges, watch tv, and listen to music with a beat. Amy is a self proclaimed christian, so it's not like she is some evil atheist. I mean, Amy probably drinks and had sex before marriage.....but she's definitely not some wild child. I think most of the older girls don't really click with Amy because she's loud, outgoing, and of course willing to sell them out for a buck. Most of the j'slaves are socially awkward so her personality might be  too much for them.  

On 5/15/2016 at 5:01 PM, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Amy probably drinks and had sex before marriage.....but she's definitely not some wild child. I think most of the older girls don't really click with Amy because she's loud, outgoing, and of course willing to sell them out for a buck. Most of the j'slaves are socially awkward so her personality might be  too much for them.  

I honestly think it doesn't help that Mullet has a clearly awkward personality. She was a very lost teen and misguided and she got preyed on by JB. Because of this, she's still awkward and possibly scared of Amy's ways (due to brainwashing) as I really believe it is Mullet that doesn't like Amy.

On 5/16/2016 at 6:58 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

I honestly think it doesn't help that Mullet has a clearly awkward personality. She was a very lost teen and misguided and she got preyed on by JB. Because of this, she's still awkward and possibly scared of Amy's ways (due to brainwashing) as I really believe it is Mullet that doesn't like Amy.

I've always felt that Michelle didn't like Amy, that she was just grinning and bearing her presence because she's Jim Bob's niece. But, if she's as honest as the fundies say they are in "sharing hearts" with husbands, then maybe she's expressed this to JB before and has been told that she had to suck it up for the sake of the cameras.

Still, I think it's sad that they need permission to see their cousin. I've always hoped that Amy could influence them in some way, but now it seems that her actions have put her in a position where she would be used as an example of why people that aren't like the Duggars are "bad".

On April 26, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Ungodly Grandma said:

Menopause was the best thing that happened to me in years. Fibroids shrunk/went away? and the awful 

mean red PMS feeling stopped. And I could wear white any time I wanted!

I, too, had my uterus "yanked" out, almost four years ago. As a matter of fact, I used those exacted words when my Dr. asked if I wanted a hysterectomy or try more meds for my irregular, 18 day periods.  Lol he had a student Dr. With him at the time and he turned to her and  said "yanked out is not the medical term for this." Lol Luckily, he had been my Dr for many years and understood my warped sense of humor.  But I digress.  That was the second best surgery I ever had. (my gastric bypass was the best surgery I ever had.)  I never had kids, never wanted them, and I am SOOOO glad I no longer have to deal with periods anymore.  Turns out, once I got on HRT, my bipolar moods got better as well.  Apparently my hormones had been screwed up for years.  

On 5/12/2016 at 4:12 PM, Jucifer said:

( I'm a MST3K fan.) ;)

Is there a thread for this?!  MST3k peeps must unite!

Two threads! One which I started:

And then this, about a year later:

I suppose we should've merged them, but since they both crapped out fast, eh.

On 5/19/2016 at 2:27 AM, librarychick said:

I, too, had my uterus "yanked" out, almost four years ago. As a matter of fact, I used those exacted words when my Dr. asked if I wanted a hysterectomy or try more meds for my irregular, 18 day periods.  Lol he had a student Dr. With him at the time and he turned to her and  said "yanked out is not the medical term for this." Lol Luckily, he had been my Dr for many years and understood my warped sense of humor.  But I digress.  That was the second best surgery I ever had. (my gastric bypass was the best surgery I ever had.)  I never had kids, never wanted them, and I am SOOOO glad I no longer have to deal with periods anymore.  Turns out, once I got on HRT, my bipolar moods got better as well.  Apparently my hormones had been screwed up for years.  

I am a youngISH person in the throes of menopause.

I find it mostly funny now and my mental illness has eased up a lot, but my face is 75% of the time a little damp at the top.

Recently, I was at a party and standing under a light fitting. A darling friend came over and started to blot my face with a tissue. Then he proceeded to ask my friend (his girlfriend) where her mother's menopause fan was!!! 

The thought was there!!! :)

On 22/5/2016 at 0:00 PM, EscapedCardinal said:

Two threads! One which I started:

And then this, about a year later:

I suppose we should've merged them, but since they both crapped out fast, eh.

It says i don't have permission to see the second thread. Is it in a private area of the forum i dln't know about or what?

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

It says i don't have permission to see the second thread. Is it in a private area of the forum i dln't know about or what?

Nope, looks like it just got merged into the first thread. Thanks, unknown mod!

On 5/16/2016 at 6:58 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

Um... she was a cheerleader...while not my choice, there are few schools in America where that fails to make one popular. She worked for JBs Mom when they met. I don't think she is naturally awkward at all. I think that is the effect of Gothardizing her and of popping out my kids than anyone should ever have.

I got an antiabortion tract given to me at 16 along with a book on courting, while I was at a bus station waiting to meet my best friend. I wrapped the book in the tract and we made a game of hiding that book in each others houses/cars for years lol.  

I don't think JBs mom Mary likes whats going on tbh. I've always had a feeling that she was just there because she had no where else to be. She never really sprouted Jesus crap and all that. I think she got stuck because of her sons involvement. JBs dad when he was alive didn't seem to be Jesus cruncher. IDK maybe I just haven't paid that much attention to her. But she just seems to be there. This is a lady without an income that got stuck raising a boat load of kids that aren't her own. 

Mullet must have an incredible reproductive system and very good health to have birthed all those babeez. Many people would have come unglued physically with all of that time being preggers and delivering those Speshul Babies. This has been a recurring thought I have had. 

Which is not really all that impressive. Ha. 

Honestly, I think Michelle is one of the few that actually have a personality. If you take her away from Jim Bob or have her talking with that high school friend or about her teenage years, she comes alive. Almost like a different person. I think it's the lifestyle that's forced her to be submissive. Jim Bob always seems awkward around everyone, she doesn't. I think she can adapt to a different situation with people around if she wants to but it will be Jim Bon who can't. 

Just remember how Michelle was at her high school "reunion."  She was going around like a bubbly Chatty Cathy. 

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I don't think JBs mom Mary likes whats going on tbh. I've always had a feeling that she was just there because she had no where else to be. She never really sprouted Jesus crap and all that. I think she got stuck because of her sons involvement. JBs dad when he was alive didn't seem to be Jesus cruncher. IDK maybe I just haven't paid that much attention to her. But she just seems to be there. This is a lady without an income that got stuck raising a boat load of kids that aren't her own. 

Grandma Duggar just seems to "go along" with things. She allows Amy to take a million selfies of themselves, she drags grandma all over, and she does whatever JB and Michelle ask. It's sad.

Didn't "concernedmom" or "Alice" (they posted the earliest known accounts of Joshgate 1.0) say that Grandma Mary was in somehow involved behind the scenes of everything?

On 5/23/2016 at 11:45 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

I am a youngISH person in the throes of menopause.

I find it mostly funny now and my mental illness has eased up a lot, but my face is 75% of the time a little damp at the top.

Recently, I was at a party and standing under a light fitting. A darling friend came over and started to blot my face with a tissue. Then he proceeded to ask my friend (his girlfriend) where her mother's menopause fan was!!! 

The thought was there!!! :)

i'm also youngish (going to be 36 in august) also have never wanted kids, i do love my nephews as if they were my own but i enjoy being able to sleep 18hrs if I want. I also have not had a regular period in about 14 yrs (through various forms of birth control) It's amazing to be a woman and not have to deal with those shenanigans. Though I was not diagnosed as such I definitely suffered PPMD -since not having a monthly my mental health has improved exponentially-much to everyone's delight (save my mother who has tried every guilt trip in the book to get me to procreate) I also have been the "mom" of my family-my mother who was widowed at 37 was not capable of really caring for us due to her own depression, my brother is basically a giant man baby-but somehow managed to have 2 gorgeous little boys-he and his wife have divorced and I basically care for them when they are at my mothers (where my brother lives currently) I was married 2 yrs ago and still have to  run that household and take care of my adult children (mom and bro) and the actual children (6 and 3), and my own that I share with my husband. 

I feel like I really relate to Jana (in being an indentured servant) and not rushing to get married or have kids. I also feel I relate to the other women mentioned previously who raised their siblings and were happy not birthing any of their own children. I had never really realized how much I actually had in common with Jana (i was raised  with no religion basically)

I will say that it's only recently I'm starting to resent the fact that I didn't really get to go out and be free of responsibility (I did go out and do the things I wanted-but with limits) and always with a sense of duty to the family. I want to pull away now b/c I really can't take it anymore, but I can't not be with my nephews. I love them so much and don't want them to suffer (the eldest is already showing signs that he's taking on far too much responsibility for being 6) and they will only be small for so long. 

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Didn't "concernedmom" or "Alice" (they posted the earliest known accounts of Joshgate 1.0) say that Grandma Mary was in somehow involved behind the scenes of everything?

I was going to bring up the same thing.  I'm not sure if that part is true, but the rest of what those two posters said has definitely proven to be accurate.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived