IGNORED

Will DPIAR Settle Out of Court?

gustava

Should this scenario play out -- Are the other board members wealthy? Wondering if James Leininger will step up and help pay for the settlement to keep it from going to trial. Leininger is very wealthy, politically influential as a behind-the-scenes puppetmaster, and has his fingers in a lot of ultra-Right-wing pies and definitely had major ties to Vision Forum -- Leininger lives in San Antonio.

Leininger and his $$$$$ were deeply involved in VFM. If memory serves, he was also involved with the BoD in the dissolution of the 501©(3). Can anyone else remember the details without me trying to wade through old threads? Did we ever see the final IRS documents as VFM was wound up? What happened to the assets, if any? I rather suspected that Scottie folded any VFM assets into NCFIC. I don't know whether that would be a legitimate thing to do as I've never participated in closing a nonprofit.

If the BoD (Brown, Hart, and Zes) was not indemnified they are fools. I hope they are fools.

I've heard from two people that Leininger is pissed as hell with Doug Phillips and very unlikely to bail him out. No, I can't provide the sources for the rumor (although one is Mr.P's cousin who lives in San Antonio) so please treat this info. as totally unreliable. :)

Leininger and his $$$$$ were deeply involved in VFM. If memory serves, he was also involved with the BoD in the dissolution of the 501©(3). Can anyone else remember the details without me trying to wade through old threads? Did we ever see the final IRS documents as VFM was wound up? What happened to the assets, if any? I rather suspected that Scottie folded any VFM assets into NCFIC. I don't know whether that would be a legitimate thing to do as I've never participated in closing a nonprofit.

If the BoD (Brown, Hart, and Zes) was not indemnified they are fools. I hope they are fools.

I've heard from two people that Leininger is pissed as hell with Doug Phillips and very unlikely to bail him out. No, I can't provide the sources for the rumor (although one is Mr.P's cousin who lives in San Antonio) so please treat this info. as totally unreliable. :)

Leininger bought the house & donated it to VFM; the Phillips family lived in it until the Fall. Leninger also bankrolled the initial setup for VFI/VFM, including facilities.

Obviously, Leininger is no longer BFFs with Doug and won't assist him in any way, but I wonder if Leininger himself has some exposure here?

I suppose everyone is waiting for the American Assurance issue to be resolved and developing strategy should that situation head south.

As I recall, there was to be a hearing on summary judgment yesterday. So, I pulled the court record and here we go:

6/25/15 JUDGES DOCKET NOTES

6/25/2015 JUDGES DOCKET NOTES

NO RECORD

6/25/2015 NON-JURY

MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 7/27/2015 8:30AM

6/25/2015 ORDER DENYING

DESIGNATION CASE AS COMPLEX

JUDGE: SOLOMON J CASSEB,III

VOL: 4403 PAGE: 2081 PAGE COUNT: 1

This tells me that motions will be taking place on 7/27 and that the case wasn't designated as complex (not sure what that means in TX, we don't have an equivalent in VA). So - it's obvious something happened yesterday. I would so love to get a look at copies of the court file to see what, though.

In California, a case can be deemed complex if there are a large amount of parties. Such as plaintiff, defendant and then 30 cross-defendants. Being deemed complex also allows the parties to have a case managent order to streamline the discovery process. You have to pay a large complex fee as well. If it is the same in Texas, it's likely not a large enough case to be deemed complex.

Anyone know what is the basis for the motion for summary judgment and which of the defendants brought it? I would love to read it.

Archived