• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
happy atheist

Jill Rodrigues Part 7 - The Grift that Keeps on Grifting

happy atheist

Jill's sister Amy is back in New York, in a rehab facility. She has shown some improvement with her movement, but is also (last we heard) struggling with C Diff.

Jill and David and their brood are back in the RV, and Jill is not happy about it. They have 3 more years of payments on the RV but would much rather be in a house, hint hint. Won't you all be kind enough to send a love offering, kthnx!

Precious blessing #12 is due in July. There is no sign of employment for David, or Jill, or anyone really.

Part 1 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23223

Part 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23546

Part 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24543

Part 4 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25063

Part 5 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25488

Part 6 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25888

Amy Foster's accident (and Jill's reaction to it) here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25512

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

DGayle

I am working on catching up with part 6. If you think Taco Bell is good, try Del Taco. I tried that when our local Taco Bell was torn down and being rebuilt, and I really wanted tacos, and so decided to give Del Taco a try just to manage my cravings. Now I'm all about Del Taco.

My husband and I use the men's and women's signs more to make sure we don't use the same bathroom because we don't care to think about each other doing certain business with those parts, and because I do think that people who are pulling out their penises deserve to not have people of the opposite gender around. I know I'd feel different about men (who identify as men) in the bathroom with me if we had to pee in the open.

If Jill thinks a trans-woman is a threat or after her sexually, she'd do well to learn that about 10% of the population is gay, and so 1 in every 10 women she sees in bathrooms are probably turned on my women. Though who can really be turned on by her?

DGayle

Of course they WOULD go away for the weekend and stay somewhere they grifted, since it isn't like they have much time together.... I swear, those lazy assholes have more 1-on-1 time than my husband and me. I'm sure it makes a difference that my husband actually works to support our family, but still. Listening to Jivid, you'd think they never get a moment alone. I wish I could spring Nurie from that hellhole.

DGayle
I'm coming as Matt Chancey. Will my two Negro manservants be fed, or shall I have them pack their own lunches? Cheerio 'til then!

I'll be DomWack's wife and be so proud of the racism that I'll enter him into a contest for manliness since we all know manliness is racism and sexism. And then I'll force some of my African workers to make the costumes we'll wear for the night while patting myself on the back for the opportunities I'm giving them to serve white people who are continuing to invade their land and price them out of everything.

Peas n carrots

Well a lot of folks around here know what a fan of Xgay and Dede I am...so I'll have to come as Foreverpregnant. I need to find myself a good Xgay Greg impersonator!

geeklove

How much would it piss off Jill if we started donating to charities in her name instead of giving her love offerings?

Dandruff
How much would it piss off Jill if we started donating to charities in her name instead of giving her love offerings?

Planned Parenthood, maybe?

DGayle

"Amy is praying for a miracle that she can still have more babies in the future."

Is that Jill speaking, or really Amy? I can't see Amy worrying about that when it still is a milestone on its own to eat a bite of a cookie, and is dealing with painful sores.

DGayle

I see a donation to PP in Jill's name AS a love offering.

Miggy

My husband works at a uni that does medical research including the treatment of spinal injuries. I'll send my donation that way, in Jill's name of course. Then I'll send her a pretty little e-card letting her know what I've done and how it will help her precious sister and that I hope David will be able to get a job and help contribute to her rehab too. :lol:

ViolaSebastian

My first thought was Feed the Children.

MalteseBaby

Anyone read Jill's blogs this past Friday? She has given or is to give a " talk" at a church ( she says) on " Will I Go?", which of course turns into a bitch and moan fest about that damned RV and 13 kids in about the second sentence.

She also says they have a house to buy, if they just had one small thing so they could " go". Oh yeah, the prayer needs are for the money to buy this house, as usual.

She also confirms that their last dwelling was a rental house, as has been speculated. I surely do wonder where this wonderful empty house that is waiting on the Rodrigeus family is located. In Jill's mind, maybe?

Her blog on Amy was pretty downbeat and grim, IMO. What I took away from it was that Amy may have progressed as far as she is ever going to now, that she may be DC'ed home this week. Hoping to get her trach out first. Kevin and the children will be her caregivers, which should be reason to keep her in rehab. until satisfactory discharge planning is accomplished. Those young children have more needs than they have abilities to care for their quadriplegic mother.

Jill makes the stunningly awful statement ( attributed to " someoene else" of course) that while death is one tragedy, seeing Amy like this is a series of unending tragedies. OMG! How utterly cold.

It does not appear to me that Amy's nutritional support is adequate from the latest photos, but maybe the C.Diff. has caused a temporary caloric deficit. I hope it's temporary.

FundieFarmer

Perhaps a cult deprogramming organization?

Dandruff
Her blog on Amy was pretty downbeat and grim, IMO. What I took away from it was that Amy may have progressed as far as she is ever going to now, that she may be DC'ed home this week. Hoping to get her trach out first. Kevin and the children will be her caregivers, which should be reason to keep her in rehab. until satisfactory discharge planning is accomplished. Those young children have more needs than they have abilities to care for their quadriplegic mother.

I'm concerned about that too. Even if they have dozens or hundreds of volunteers lined up, I don't see how they can all be trained on what to do - including effective germ-control. Hopefully they can get an aide for Amy.

Cartmann99
Well a lot of folks around here know what a fan of Xgay and Dede I am...so I'll have to come as Foreverpregnant. I need to find myself a good Xgay Greg impersonator!

Someone should come wearing a large cardboard box to represent the elusive motorcoach. :lol:

:auto-camptrailer:

FundieFarmer

I'm concerned about that too. Even if they have dozens or hundreds of volunteers lined up, I don't see how they can all be trained on what to do - including effective germ-control. Hopefully they can get an aide for Amy.

Even if the bolded is the case...how long will that last? I can imagine one or two volunteers a day or two a week in perpetuity, but I doubt they'll have this flood of help forever- it's simply not sustainable. I would imagine they haven't planned for that drop-off yet.

MalteseBaby

Even if the bolded is the case...how long will that last? I can imagine one or two volunteers a day or two a week in perpetuity, but I doubt they'll have this flood of help forever- it's simply not sustainable. I would imagine they haven't planned for that drop-off yet.

The rehab. facility has discharge planners, usually d/c planners are experienced RNs. The criteria for discharge is that there is a responsible adult present on a regular basis in the home who can safely get the patient out of the house in case of fire. You simply cannot leave a person in a hospital bed ( or worse, a plain bed) with no means of mobility in an emergency!

They may say her mobility needs will be met by visiting physical therapists and P.T. assistants, but as a nurse who staffed homes 24/7 with critical care RNs for vent- dependent and other immobile children and adults, there cannot be one single minute when an able- bodied adult is not ready and willing to safely move the person out of a risky area. I had to train the nursing staff when I took the job because the former administrator lacked years of experience. I've worked in ICU where a lady who hadn't moved a muscle in 2 months got angry during a visit from her husband and pulled out her own trach and almost bled to death.

I've seen elderly people immobilized in soft large abduction splints after total hip replacements well on their way to climbing OVER the full rails of the bed in the blink of an eye.. whereas the next day, they can't move much of anything at all.

You learn to expect the unexpected and plan for the worst, especially in a home care situation. On my first night of filling in for a staff member, I was at a house on a gorgeous river with a C-3 level quadriplegic adult male. The first thing I did after I introduced myself was familiarize myself with the locations of the flashlight and the Ambu bag. Not 10 minutes later, a sudden storm blew in and the electricity went off. The battery to his ventilator did not kick in- so I used the Ambu bag to give him 16-18 breaths per minute at the correct O2 saturation.

Amy needs something short of that level of care. IOW, she needs nurses providing bedside care, IMO, until there are no more decubiti, until she has gained weight to a normal BMI and her trach is out with no complications. Oh, and maintains afebrile status without any antibiotics.

She is still extremely fragile. Untrained volunteers could break one of her bones while moving her and not even know it. This is really heartbreaking, because clinically, she has come a long way. Nothing can cure quadriplegia but a lot of people live different but full lives with the condition.

FundieFarmer

I know what you're saying, MalteseBaby, I just meant my comment in regards to the volunteers Jill has said they're asking for...such as bringing meals, caring for the children, etc- not specifically jobs related to Amy's care. It's those volunteers that I wonder how long they'll stick around. Nurses and home care are paid so for the most part as long as there's money, they'll keep coming. Volunteers will inevitably dwindle down and it's when that happens that I worry about for the family.

MalteseBaby
I know what you're saying, MalteseBaby, I just meant my comment in regards to the volunteers Jill has said they're asking for...such as bringing meals, caring for the children, etc- not specifically jobs related to Amy's care. It's those volunteers that I wonder how long they'll stick around. Nurses and home care are paid so for the most part as long as there's money, they'll keep coming. Volunteers will inevitably dwindle down and it's when that happens that I worry about for the family.

The thing is- Jill makes it sound like there is NO money or plans for home nurses, and only Kevin around part of the time as an adult caregiver plus the children. That Kevin, whom Jill blamed for Amy's neck being " twisted in his hands and broken" after the wreck, and their small children, are it.

She could be wrong, but in this case, with his work being a lawn service, I don't think she is.

The rehab. facility has a responsibility to assure that Amy will be safe at all hours after discharge. One adult is not enough. If there's no one else but Kevin, maybe Medicaid will pay for 8 hours a day of respite home care so he can sleep. IDK, because when I did this, if we encountered lack of benefits and only a spouse as the caregiver, we had to refer out to an extended care facility so that basic safety needs were met. It's a sad sad situation and at her age, can last for many decades with good care.

DGayle
Hello,my name is Jill Rodrigues. I am a mother to 11 children and I am due with number 12 in July 2015!

Just in case they thought she was DeDe and going to be pregnant until July 2016.

I got married to my dear husband – David Rodrigues- on October 4, 1997 sharing our first kiss on that special day!!

She and David had a lot of unchaperoned time. I don't believe they never snuck a kiss.

My husband taught the Young Married Couples Class for about 11 years there.

If there's anyone you want teaching about married life, it's someone who's been married less time than I have.

This was a stepping stone for us to be led to the next ministry we helped with – Gleaning for Christ Missions.

Gleaning means t extract, or suck out. Yeah, she's sure sucking out every last dollar from people she can, and calling it the lord's will and crap.

We then began to pray about what was the next step for us. David felt that God was leading us to branch out and start our own Family Ministry named – Rodrigues Family Ministries. Which involved the following: We call them the 3 “p’s†– Printing, Praising, & Preaching. We purchased a 38 ft. long RV, gave up our rental home, and went on the road full-time. We sing and play several instruments as a family and that is what the “praising†stands for. We are raising support to eventually get a house and garage and start our own printing ministry to print Gospel tracts and Gospel Portions and that is what the “printing†stands for. David preaches as he has opportunity to when we travel and that is what the “preaching†stands for. The 3 P’s!!

#1 Those P's made enough sense without her bad explanations.

#2 I'm amused how they want to "raise support," as in get other people to support them, and she's so open about it. They want a house, but at no time does she say they're willing to work for it.

The process to find a home suitable for our needs has been a slow one. But, finally, we have found a house. Our prayer is that we can miraculously pay off our RV soon (we owe just 3 years on it) so that we can more easily pay for the new expenses owning a home will incur.

It's tough when you want a house with a flat yard in an area known for hills, and have no income, nothing, and aren't willing to get jobs. I love how she wants to "miraculously" pay off the RV. I want to miraculously win the lottery that I don't buy tickets for.

BUT………….it has not been without sacrifice. I (we) gave up everything we knew to move to a different state and then, we even gave up the home that we had in WV to give even a bit more of ourselves to God.

Notice how mention of HER sacrifices come first. "We" only gets parenthesis, like an after-thought that the kids sacrificed.

We have tried to witness; see souls saved; train up a godly generation (our children) for the Lord and encourage others to do the same; praise God through our song; proclaim truth on various radio stations; etc. etc.

Her "witnessing" has been preaching to the choice. I know if I want to convince people that gay people should have equal rights, that I can best further the cause by preaching to other liberals. Right? RIGHT? That's how it works, right?

With a new baby on the way, I became almost desperate to get into a house! To live in a 350 sq. ft. space with 13 people (soon to be 14 people), wears on all of our patience.

I'm sure the kids were desperate as soon as they found out they were going to be sleeping on the floor. Even if there were no built-in things, like the front seats, sink, etc., 350sqft for that many people would only be 26sqft, not a lot more than a twin-size mattress. Take out the area the built-ins use, and then you're playing Tetris for sleeping arrangements.

Every space is organized, but JAM PACKED!

With YOUR makeup and nail polish!

Where was God? Did He care about me and our family? It seemed the 5 years since we went into full-time ministry, there was constant sacrifices and difficulties.

Do YOU care about your kids, Jill? How about you and David sacrifice unprotected sex? And your makeup and clothes? And eating out and going on private trips?

Our every need was met and we never went hungry, but I wanted to see God work to satisfy my every want too!!

Clearly you and David haven't gone hungry. And YOUR main wants HAVE been met. I hate to break it to you, but even the richest of the rich usually have wants they can't have. So you're SOL if you expect your EVERY want to be met, especially when you refuse to work for it.

Finally one night on my bed, when the rest of the family was asleep, I surrendered it all to the Lord. Why was my heart so filled with selfishness? Why (when others have sacrificed SO much more than me) was I not willing to give it all to God?

Your heart is STILL full of selfishness, which is WHY others sacrifice so much more!

Sometimes even others’ judgement of us that we would cram a family that large into such small quarters, was tough on me. I wanted others to think we were the best possible parents! We know how hard we try to give our children the best. But, people are entitled to their own opinion and I would get discouraged at negative remarks cast our way.

I suspect she's meaning her family more than us.

Jill, you're NOT the best possible parents when you deprive your children the way you do. They have needs, and you refuse to meet them, much less to give them the best. You and David are SHITTY parents who don't deserve any of your kids. What you do deserve is to have all their miseries heaped onto your own shoulders.

Now, I must say that my husband cares deeply about taking the best care of his family as possible and is desperately trying to purchase a house for us asap!

You are both goddamned liars. He doesn't care any more than you do, or else he'd be willing to get a job. And good luck buying a house you won't save money for, or work for. To you get the running theme here? GET A FUCKING JOB.

I trust and serve an Almighty God and the question is, “Am I Willing to Go??†Yes, I am willing to go!! The going may not always be easy, but to serve my Jesus is worth every sacrifice made! I love you, Jesus! ~Jill Rodrigues

It's easy for sacrifices to be worth it when other people are making them.

Four is Enough

I don't know which made me sicker. The horrible grammar, the poor prose, or the shameless hints for monetary help.

FundieFarmer

The thing is- Jill makes it sound like there is NO money or plans for home nurses, and only Kevin around part of the time as an adult caregiver plus the children. That Kevin, whom Jill blamed for Amy's neck being " twisted in his hands and broken" after the wreck, and their small children, are it.

She could be wrong, but in this case, with his work being a lawn service, I don't think she is.

The rehab. facility has a responsibility to assure that Amy will be safe at all hours after discharge. One adult is not enough. If there's no one else but Kevin, maybe Medicaid will pay for 8 hours a day of respite home care so he can sleep. IDK, because when I did this, if we encountered lack of benefits and only a spouse as the caregiver, we had to refer out to an extended care facility so that basic safety needs were met. It's a sad sad situation and at her age, can last for many decades with good care.

The family has no choice but to have a care nurse regardless of how that care is paid for, because you are right- one adult and untrained volunteers are not enough. Jill may not realize that as she blathers on, but she also isn't involved in Amy's day-to-day care or speaking to the nurses everyday. Be it medicaid or private insurance or out-of-pocket, a nurse will have to be paid for and that nurse will be there to take care of Amy's needs related to the quadriplegia. But I wasn't originally talking about nurses, I'm talking about the random volunteers who've promised to help with various and sundry things unrelated to Amy's care once Angie leaves.

What I'm trying to say is: I think these volunteers will quickly recognize that this isn't something they are capable of taking care of or are willing to continue for a long period of time. So they might try to help by providing meals or childcare in the beginning, but my overall point is, how long will that last? They have families of their own (many of them large), so how will they sustain volunteering for another large family? No matter what their role is in taking care of Amy, I don't think it will last the entire duration of, as you mentioned, the decades she has left. This family really needs to figure out a self-sustaining system, and hopefully one that doesn't drown the children in responsibilities.

Georgiana

The family has no choice but to have a care nurse regardless of how that care is paid for, because you are right- one adult and untrained volunteers are not enough. Jill may not realize that as she blathers on, but she also isn't involved in Amy's day-to-day care or speaking to the nurses everyday. Be it medicaid or private insurance or out-of-pocket, a nurse will have to be paid for and that nurse will be there to take care of Amy's needs related to the quadriplegia. But I wasn't originally talking about nurses, I'm talking about the random volunteers who've promised to help with various and sundry things unrelated to Amy's care once Angie leaves.

What I'm trying to say is: I think these volunteers will quickly recognize that this isn't something they are capable of taking care of or are willing to continue for a long period of time. So they might try to help by providing meals or childcare in the beginning, but my overall point is, how long will that last? They have families of their own (many of them large), so how will they sustain volunteering for another large family? No matter what their role is in taking care of Amy, I don't think it will last the entire duration of, as you mentioned, the decades she has left. This family really needs to figure out a self-sustaining system, and hopefully one that doesn't drown the children in responsibilities.

Some (perhaps all?) places in my state will not discharge you until the home situation is approved by a professional if you have a lasting injury that will require lifestyle modifications. My mom is an OT who did this work for many years. Home nurse aside, there are a LOT of modifications that need to be made to an average house to make it livable for someone with mobility issues. It can be dangerous to discharge a patient into an environment that is not set up for them. In that case, you're basically just temporarily discharging them until an accident happens or until they are re-hospitalized due to insufficient care. I actually hope this is the case where Amy is, as I don't believe they have accepted the reality of the level of care she is going to need.

And I agree with you. I don't think the family can provide sufficient care in this case. For example, how are they going to handle rotating her to prevent bedsores? Amy still has a weakened immune system. So many people coming in and out puts her at risk for illness. Moreover, what if one of the volunteers has a sick kid on their day? Do they stay home, knowing that they could be contagious? But then who will care for Amy?

DGayle
What I'm trying to say is: I think these volunteers will quickly recognize that this isn't something they are capable of taking care of or are willing to continue for a long period of time. So they might try to help by providing meals or childcare in the beginning, but my overall point is, how long will that last? They have families of their own (many of them large), so how will they sustain volunteering for another large family? No matter what their role is in taking care of Amy, I don't think it will last the entire duration of, as you mentioned, the decades she has left.

Right. Just think about how hard and tiring it is caring for your own sick child for a few days, even with a spouse to trade off with. It's exhausting, even though there isn't always so much to do. Just cuddling while being constantly alert for a sign that you need to grab the puke-bucket can be draining since you aren't getting a mental break. You're constantly in "on" mode, running around to make sure every need for someone else is taken care of (those things that they usually do for themselves) in addition to your own.

Now when it comes to caring for another ADULT with major medical needs... No. Get rid of the fantasies of being the Mary Poppins of helpers. Even Kevin's going to have some training to go through. How can an untrained volunteer be safe? No matter how well-meaning, it can be deadly. Even if it's so Kevin can take a 15-minute run to the store, a volunteer needs to know the signs to watch for of impending distress. It can be life or death for Amy.