IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Doug Phillips Is A Rapist does have a law degree. He could get off his ornately costumed ass, take & pass a bar exam, and get a real job being a licensed attorney. Of course, that assumes he actually wants to work for a living.

Sure would like to know where all the $$$ is coming from for these endless costume parties that include trips to Europe & Asia, neither of which are cheap.

I was wondering whether this last one, and possibly previous ones, was paid for by veterans' groups or the people sponsoring the film production.  If you look at the link CnD gave above, it is being sponsored by 2 of the partners at a biggish law firm.  

Didn't Mike What'shisname from HSLDA say that Doug wasn't a very good lawyer?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Palimpsest said:

I was wondering whether this last one, and possibly previous ones, was paid for by veterans' groups or the people sponsoring the film production.  If you look at the link CnD gave above, it is being sponsored by 2 of the partners at a biggish law firm.  

Didn't Mike What'shisname from HSLDA say that Doug wasn't a very good lawyer?

Oh god I hadn't even considered that he might be bilking money out of veteran's groups for this little venture. That makes me sick. And on that same note, if his daughters care so much about veterans, how about they volunteer at a veteran's hospital, or offer childcare for the families of wounded vets, or I dunno, get a degree in nursing or counseling or social work or, or do real fundraising for veteran's charities, or any of about a million things that could actually help vets? /rant

Doug Phillips could sell ice cream at the North Pole.  I certainly wouldn't put it past him to prey on veterans - and use his sweet and pretty daughters to worm his way into their confidence.

25 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Any lawyers want to weigh in- would something like Doug is accused of preclude one from practicing law? Like an ethics code violation?

Probably not. Most states, at least my state, require you to take a moral character exam, which is really the state bar performing an extensive background check on you. You would have to disclose that you were part of a lawsuit.  You still have to sit for the state bar but even if you pass the state bar, you may not pass the moral character part. I know a few people that didn't pass because of prior criminal issues, I.e. arrests for drugs related to addictions. It took awhile before they were finally allows to be considered barred. It's unlikely the Lourdes lawsuit would be held against Doug. First, he has not been found liable of anything and second, even if they settle, I am sure there will be no admission of guilt, which is common in settlement agreements. At most it will slow down his passing the moral character but he would ultimately be barred. I know an attorney sued by an employee for sexual harassment. All he had to do was notify the bar of the lawsuit. He settled it and it all went away. 

I don't understand why people think Doug would just run out and be a big time lawyer. Has he even practiced law? Law school teaches you the basics of codes/rules/regulations, it does not teach you how to actually practice law unless your school has a clinic and even that isn't like the real thing. Doug would have no idea what he is doing. It's not like tv, it's friggin working at your computer most of the day performing boring, tedious work. He would start as an entry level attorney making crap money and working crap hours. I just don't see him wanting to start at the bottom and work his way up.

35 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don't understand why people think Doug would just run out and be a big time lawyer. Has he even practiced law?

As I said above, AFAIK, his only legal experience was with HSLDA.  He claimed he was instrumental in this and that.  HSLDA has stated that his contributions there were ... greatly exaggerated.  I'll see if I can find the quote.

He is still a member of the bar and qualified to practice - somewhere? - not TX  but I can't remember.  Perhaps someone else can nail it down.

31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He is still a member of the bar and qualified to practice - somewhere? - not TX  but I can't remember.  Perhaps someone else can nail it down.

DC or Virginia, maybe?

7 hours ago, socalrules said:

I wonder how much they actually know about the war other than music and dressing cute. I doubt they understand why the war occurred, what was lost and what was gained. It seems they just like what appears to be the fun parts of that era. I wonder if they realize that if they grew up in that time, they would likely be doing the work the men would normally be doing at that time, such as building airplanes like my grandma, because the men were out fighting. It's just odd. I see a lot of people that dress from that era because it is retro now but they have other stuff going on in their lives. The Phillips girls seem to have nothing else. 

As to the potential for a show or movie or whatever on the History Channel, I wouldn't hold my breath. Lots of people shoot pilots for shows and most pilots are never picked up. I can't see the Tool being happy working with a network where a lot of women will have power over him, and a voice, which could make his life difficult. A wide stance isn't going to impress a woman who has the power to decide whether your show gets picked up. 

I would love to sit those girls down and make them binge-watch Agent Carter.

26 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Not Virginia... I just checked.

Hmmm. So it looks like someone at:

ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/doug-phillips-raising-the-allosaur/ under comments:
https://ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/doug-phillips-raising-the-allosaur/#comment-1548

claimed that he was still a member of the DC Bar...

Sue, you made one mistake. Doug Phillips is still a real attorney as a member of the District of Columbia bar. That’s the only reason he can say “Doug Phillips, Esq.” As for the other things, I think you’re correct.

However a quick search here: https://www.dcbar.org/membership/find-a-member-results.cfm does not come up with any results that match his name. Curious...

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Any lawyers want to weigh in- would something like Doug is accused of preclude one from practicing law? Like an ethics code violation?

They have a character portion. You could pass the bar and not get in based on your character (part of the application to your State Bar)

19 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't understand why people think Doug would just run out and be a big time lawyer. Has he even practiced law?

It's not so much that others would want to hire him (assuming he's licensed and in good standing), just rather that homeboy actually has a profession that he could put to use.

In other words, if earning a living & providing for his family (you know, the way a MANLY MAN does) was an actual priority for Dougie, I'd think he'd be out there hustling for a job. Surely he could do something gainful with a valid bar license, even if he isn't like to be made partner at this stage of his life & (non)career.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived