IGNORED

Joseph & Elissa Maxwell-Pretty Sexy!!

0 kids n not countin

It sure sounds like they're advertising Mary doesn't it?

Also, it's funny how they go into detail about what each of the brothers are doing, but with John it's simply he works for CCI period. Why are they so secretive when it comes to John?

They don't mention anything about Joseph's web development "company," Swift Otter, either. Supposedly, Christopher and Jesse also help out. These people are so enmeshed it's not even snarkworthy. It's just sad. Terrifying actually. They really are the Borg Collective.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It sure sounds like they're advertising Mary doesn't it?

Also, it's funny how they go into detail about what each of the brothers are doing, but with John it's simply he works for CCI period. Why are they so secretive when it comes to John?

Something weird is going on with John. He gets to go alone on a trip. He went to John Marie's wedding to a woman that does not appear to be crazy fundy. I wonder of John has a real normal job not working for Daddy. The Maxwells aren't so famous that John would be noticed while working. John may be allowed to stay in the fold because Steve wants to keep the illusion of the perfect crazy family.

So Mary loves all things homemaking, huh? Why don't the Maxwells be a little more specific and say which homemaking tasks she's best at and loves most? Does she sew? Does she knit? What's her favorite recipe to make, and which one is her signature? Does she have a penchant for getting out any stain from any fabric? Exactly what does she do that SHOWS her love for homemaking?

The Maxwells seem to think that merely stating something is enough to be proof, and more than that, the statement weights itself. Because they are the Maxwell family, and they are naturally best at everything. No need to explain why. :snooty:

I went to look at the website for Swift Otter. It starts with " Hi, my name is Joseph Maxwell. I am a Christian saved by the blood of Jesus Christ...., and then goes on to shill their great web designs that are going to solve your business's problems.

Who the hell puts shit like this on a web page advertising their business as web developers? They are so damn isolated they don't know that all this salvation talk losses them most of their potential customers. First rule of business: you don't put out your religious or political views anywhere they can be seen by clients or potential clients. There are 3 websites they developed in their portfolio, one of which is Titus2. I guess so their potential clients will be able to know without a doubt that the web developer and his teammates come from an entire family of religious freaks.

These people are MORONS.

I went to look at the website for Swift Otter. It starts with " Hi, my name is Joseph Maxwell. I am a Christian saved by the blood of Jesus Christ...., and then goes on to shill their great web designs that are going to solve your business's problems.

Who the hell puts shit like this on a web page advertising their business as web developers? They are so damn isolated they don't know that all this salvation talk losses them most of their potential customers. First rule of business: you don't put out your religious or political views anywhere they can be seen by clients or potential clients. There are 3 websites they developed in their portfolio, one of which is Titus2. I guess so their potential clients will be able to know without a doubt that the web developer and his teammates come from an entire family of religious freaks.

These people are MORONS.

John's website for his irrigation business has no mention of the blood of Jesus Christ, Jesus himself, God or any religious references at all. Purely business is our John (who also has a LinkedIn profile).

With the other Maxwell chidults, we hear about how they are "free" to make their own choices, yet they always end up "choosing" what their parents want. The girls "choose" to wear long skirts. Sarah "chooses" to take a sibling along when she goes out. They all "choose" to share a bedroom with their same-sex siblings. They all "choose" not to go to college. But with John, it looks like he is actually making some of his own choices. Since the other siblings are so compliant, Steve and Teri probably have no idea how to handle a son who actually says something along the lines of, "You say I'm free to go to that wedding? Well, I feel the Lord is leading me to go. See ya!"

John's website for his irrigation business has no mention of the blood of Jesus Christ, Jesus himself, God or any religious references at all. Purely business is our John (who also has a LinkedIn profile).

John's website looks a lot better than Joseph's.

These people are MORONS.

I'll agree that this would look extremely odd to a member of the larger public, including many Christians. Count me among those who would run for cover if I came across this on a business website.

While Joseph's approach is in-your-face, there are other Christian business owners who do advertise their faith, albeit more modestly, using an ichthus symbol somewhere on their promotional materials or business logos.

I'll agree that this would look extremely odd to a member of the larger public, including many Christians. Count me among those who would run for cover if I came across this on a business website.

While Joseph's approach is in-your-face, there are other Christian business owners who do advertise their faith, albeit more modestly, using an ichthus symbol somewhere on their promotional materials or business logos.

I actually think that's Joseph's (not so) clever way of weeding out "undesirable" clients. He can't come right out and say "Please contact us…but only if you're the right kind of Christians," but if his copy basically only talks about what a spiffy Christian he is, listing very little real-world accomplishments and only three sites in his portfolio (one of which is family), well, I don't think too many non-Christians are going to want to use his services.

My daughter, who's a newly minted web developer (great job, great salary, great bennies…wheeeeee!) got a real kick out of the fact that he lists posting on StackOverflow as reason why you should hire him. "He answers questions? Big deal. So do I. So can anyone. And it's not like his answers would mean jack to a non-developer/programmer.")

• 2 weeks later...

blog.titus2.com/2014/03/12/the-little-things-in-life-celebrating-accomplishments

Hm ... that's not the post I was thinking about.

It included one of those pics they take in the kitchen/dining room with everyone around the table. Does anyone remember that?

Archived