IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

I wouldn't put it past TLC to do this.

See, the part of me that cheered when Jessa and Jill went to ALIVE thinks that this mission might be to get away from under the J'Thumb. Or it could be to get away from the Josh fallout. I think, either way, this is not the most planned out decision. We know fundies don't plan much, but Jill is pretty organized. She wouldn't just up and leave the country on a whim. So my theories are 1) she isn't leaving on a whim; she's leaving because she and Derick want out from Duggarland or 2) she IS leaving on a whim to escape the memories of her brother molesting her/media fallout. I believe either of these because Jill is devoted to her role as a housewife bringing hubby his lunch to work. Never mind her devotion to her buddies. She knows they will take her absence hard, so whatever her reasons are, she feels they trump her sibling obligations.

If it is for TV (in which case, :pull-hair: ), has anybody postulated that it might be El Salvador? It's not too far for regular filming and visits from the family, which would all make great TV. And Jill already speaks passable Spanish (no idea bout Derick).

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Derrick knows what real mission work is. The Duggars' do not. They just go places and whore themselves out.

Which J-slave is going with them? Will there be a rotation? I have a hard time believing just the three of them are going. If it is Nepal they are going to, they should at least explain to the people they want to donate exactly what they intend on doing.

I don't think it's confirmed that a J'Slave is going, but I wouldn't put it past them, Even as a married couple, with a child of their own, Jill and Derick are still under Boob's control.

If say, Jana went, it would be more exciting than staying in the TTH and making tater tot casserole for the foreseeable future. I vote Jana i would like to see her experience more interesting things in her life.

Her English isn't great. She'd sound stupid, trying to articulate her thoughts here in the US.

Apparently, people experience poverty because they they do not have a relationship with Baby Jesus.

Jill says it herself, in the Dillard Family Blog, "Jill's Story";

"I went on my first short term missions trip to El Salvador... My heart was immediately captured as I saw the poverty and hopelessness a lot of people there were experiencing because their hope lay only in this world, not in a relationship with Jesus Christ."

:ew:

I have offically lost all hope for Jill.

I read that as Jill believing the impoverished people she saw on her "mission trips" lacked hope that their situation could improve because they didn't have a relationship with Sweet Baby Jesus, rather than that they're impoverished due to their lack of relationship with Jesus. That is, I think she was talking about Jesus meeting people's emotional needs for hope and comfort rather than material needs like food and shelter.

Yes, there's plenty wrong with the idea that people will feel better about their impoverished lives if they only believe in Jesus (not least the fact that 84% of the population of El Salvador identifies as Christian), but I think it comes across as even worse thanks to Jill's SOTDRT English skills.

Just saw a comment under the People article on this subject that it is central America, and that they "blabbed" at the Alive festival that the whole family is going down to see them off.

Easier to fly home for pregnancy health care from there at least, or care for Israel. Better than Nepal for their own health.

See, the part of me that cheered when Jessa and Jill went to ALIVE thinks that this mission might be to get away from under the J'Thumb. Or it could be to get away from the Josh fallout. I think, either way, this is not the most planned out decision. We know fundies don't plan much, but Jill is pretty organized. She wouldn't just up and leave the country on a whim. So my theories are 1) she isn't leaving on a whim; she's leaving because she and Derick want out from Duggarland or 2) she IS leaving on a whim to escape the memories of her brother molesting her/media fallout.

I agree that this may be about trying to get away from the family in one way or another (maybe so Jim Bob has less control over them, or get a break from the Josh scandal). Goodness knows that one reason I live

a few hundred miles away from my in laws is to get a little distance from some of their dysfunctional aspects (even though I like them, spending a lot of time around them can drive me crazy).

If I imagine myself in Jill's situation, I would probably jump at the chance to leave Arkansas just to get to experience a more interesting life. It doesn't seem like the area where the Duggars live is an especially exciting place, and the family has traveled enough due to the TLC show that the kids know there is more to life out there than that.

Just saw a comment under the People article on this subject that it is central America, and that they "blabbed" at the Alive festival that the whole family is going down to see them off.

Easier to fly home for pregnancy health care from there at least, or care for Israel. Better than Nepal for their own health.

I would actually say that is great news, that they will apparently be going to central America. Jill will not be quite as dependent on Derick if she already knows the local language. :)

See, the part of me that cheered when Jessa and Jill went to ALIVE thinks that this mission might be to get away from under the J'Thumb. Or it could be to get away from the Josh fallout. I think, either way, this is not the most planned out decision. We know fundies don't plan much, but Jill is pretty organized. She wouldn't just up and leave the country on a whim. So my theories are 1) she isn't leaving on a whim; she's leaving because she and Derick want out from Duggarland or 2) she IS leaving on a whim to escape the memories of her brother molesting her/media fallout. I believe either of these because Jill is devoted to her role as a housewife bringing hubby his lunch to work. Never mind her devotion to her buddies. She knows they will take her absence hard, so whatever her reasons are, she feels they trump her sibling obligations.

If it is for TV (in which case, :pull-hair: ), has anybody postulated that it might be El Salvador? It's not too far for regular filming and visits from the family, which would all make great TV. And Jill already speaks passable Spanish (no idea bout Derick).

I haven't thought much about the Dillards' motives for leaving since we learned it's true. I was only saying I wouldn't be surprised if TLC takes some footage and uses it for a VSE or something, if they feel it will bring in ratings. The way they've dragged their feet about canceling suggests that they don't want to lose their cash cow if they can help it.

Best headline: "God Told Duggars: Get Out Of America! Jill And Derick Are Asking For Donations For Their Departure"

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/j ... k-dillard/

:laughing-rolling:

Loved reading that this morning. To-die-for headline. Oh, and the comments are gold;

- "I feel the UK and Europe need me. Anyone care to donate?"

- - -"I would, but right now I need to scam someone for my next trip to Paris."

If say, Jana went, it would be more exciting than staying in the TTH and making tater tot casserole for the foreseeable future. I vote Jana i would like to see her experience more interesting things in her life.

I'd love to see Janà go with them, too; but maybe she feels her role is to stay home and protect the young girls from you know who - seriously, now that he is back in town )

As much as I can't stand Mike Schadt's SOS ministry, if they go there instead of Nepal, at least they won't be bothering people who are trying to recover from an earthquake. :roll: Maybe they'll be long-term staff in the church-planting scheme in Guatemala? But why form their own non-profit?

soshope.org/ministries/central-america/

I seriously fear for Jill and any future baby she has in the near future if she is not in an area with excellent healthcare. Smh

Where is it said another one of the J's is going along?

It wasn't. People here are fantasizing.

I would actually say that is great news, that they will apparently be going to central America. Jill will not be quite as dependent on Derick if she already knows the local language. :)

That's not really overseas...

Her English isn't great. She'd sound stupid, trying to articulate her thoughts here in the US.

Apparently, people experience poverty because they they do not have a relationship with Baby Jesus.

Jill says it herself, in the Dillard Family Blog, "Jill's Story";

"I went on my first short term missions trip to El Salvador... My heart was immediately captured as I saw the poverty and hopelessness a lot of people there were experiencing because their hope lay only in this world, not in a relationship with Jesus Christ."

:ew:

I have offically lost all hope for Jill.

omfg. What a damn fool she is. So a Salvadorean woman seeking enough food to raise her children is supposed to expect it from jesus, not from the visiting royalty from Arkansas? That's the attitude on display here. Sounds like someone asked the Duggars for real help when they were there and Jim Bob was offended by the lowly beggars. That's it. I have no sympathy for Duggars in any situation. Let them eat their consequences.

Jill and Derick might at least have taken ESL classes at Crown College to prepare to actually HELP people. Or perhaps studied a little Nepalese (if that is where they are going) because Derick seemed none too comfortable with foreign languages and ATI didn't help Jill acquire the discipline for language learning. How about they start stockpiling supplies to be sent where ever they are going to at regular intervals? How about a simple first aid course (no not that stupid class all the girls took at the fire dpt which introduced them to new technology, I'm talking the hands in the blood and guts of helping sick people.)

Missionaries and others I've met, who truly want to serve people in foreign lands, take at least 6 months to prepare themselves and often over a year. Sometimes teenagers go for short periods for individual projects like digging wells or building schools. Those with real commitment don't mess around with bibles or soliciting for jesus on their blogs. The standard among truly useful religious missions is to not press religion unless a local asks. Even the Mormons have changed in this respect, not completely, but their missionaries are adapting to the needs of the area, not so much toodling around France on their bikes anymore.

Jill will force her simple husband home. Life is too complicated outside TTH. The Dills will have to choose between serving people and Jill's uterus.

What's also frustrating is that most of the people they're trying to convert are already Christians! But because they're Catholic they're putting their hope in "the world," not in Jesus.

EXACTLY.

My son is almost 2 and I'm sure plenty of people wonder if I'm pregnant because my stomach has never gone back to normal. I am so annoyed by a lot of the comments in this thread. Apparently since I have a belly like Jill's....

I am inactive.

I didn't get proper medical advice.

I will be like this forever.

Yeah...sure.

I carried my child large and all out in front. Doesn't mean I gained an insane amount of weight. A person of healthy weight pre-pregnancy should gain 25-30 pounds. I gained 27. I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight plus about 3 pounds or so. But I still look super pregnant. It happens. It's not the end of the world.

Some people forget that a poochy stomach isn't that big of a deal to everyone. I don't have tons of free time. And therefore I choose to spend that time doing things I enjoy like going online, reading, watching a movie, or whatever. Exercise just isn't a priority to me. Maybe it isn't for Jill as well. Or maybe it is but she still has a belly. Who cares?

You can't place all women into the same box. Just because you or someone you know snapped back easily doesn't mean everyone else can or will. Again...who gives a shit??

And people are saying that maybe Jill wasn't told by to wear a band or whatever on her belly post partum. Well, my doctor (an actual ob/gyn) told me NOT to wear one. It's one of those things that some people swear by and others say they do more harm than good.

Oh, and a woman's bust size really makes a difference when it comes to belly fat. Someone with a smaller bust doesn't get as much leeway with a belly. A woman with a 36A can have the exact size belly as someone with a 36D. But 36A is going to look pregnant whereas 36D won't look pregnant at all.

I'm late to this but, seriously! I was an older mom (37) but in great shape before getting pregnant. Now I look constantly pregnant and lumpy. My son is a week from turning 6 and nothing has made it go away. It doesn't matter how much I exercise. I will forever have a paunch and a wider ribcage even though I weigh only 5 lbs more than I did pre pregnancy. I carried exactly like Jill and was ginormous by the time he was born. I'm no Jill fan but folks really need to give her a break!

My theory is that Derick quit his job at WalMart because TLC offered to pay for a trip to Nepal so they could film Jill and D becoming missionaries. Then JoshGate happened and TLC had to back out of the deal. After scrambling around for ideas Derick and Jill decided to beg for funds from their fan base and looked for a Mission a bit closer to home which would be cheaper and easier to arrange.

I think they are asking a lot of the leg humpers. Imagine if you gave the Dillards a nice wedding gift and then a nice baby gift and now they plan to leave all of their stuff behind and want more money from you to go to another country. Sure the true die-hard fans may give them something but I think most Christians who are interested in funding missionary work already give through their church. Paying for a young couple you have seen on TV but who have never been very explicit about their beliefs or their missionary goals is really taking a leap of faith and I doubt that J and D will be able to fund their entire trip from on-line donations.

I seriously fear for Jill and any future baby she has in the near future if she is not in an area with excellent healthcare. Smh

Why do people freak the f*ck out about anyone with children wanting to raise them anywhere that's not a suburb with a picket fence? People would put children in literal bubbles if they could, I swear. THEY WILL BE OK. There is nothing wrong with moving to a developing country with your children. I mean, I LOATHE religious mission work, but I can't think of anything that could possibly be much better for them at this point than just getting the hell out of Arkansas. Nothing about the lifestyle that kid would have in Arkansas is safe or ideal to begin with. Exposure to the outside world and less time with other Duggars is EXACTLY what they need.

Also, why is it that people think Jill and Jessa attending the Christian music festival implies they're getting out from under Boob's control? I don't know why Boob wouldn't want them to go. It sounded like they kept to a script, and I think everyone knew sending the girls was "safe;" nobody's going to heckle the victims. Boob is sleazy and savvy enough to know that they're his only tickets back to relevancy, and he will put them to work, IMO. The girls are what kept the show on the air for so long.

And while I'm at it, feeling bitter and critical...I think it's a bit harsh to judge Jill's writing skills, or even how naive she is about mission work. She always seemed like a smart and motivated girl with a lot of untapped potential. Access to a proper education is a privilege, and it's one that she did not have. There's a good chance Jill wouldn't have even been allowed to go to a public library and pick up a book off the shelf. How would she have learned to be a great writer? Who would have taught her? Michelle? Yeah, right.

She has White Christian Savior complex HARDCORE, but that's all she's ever known, and she's still very young. Moving to another country might be the only thing that'd bring her down to earth. It's a shame that her own personal learning experience has to be at the expense of all the people she's going to try to convert, but what can you really expect? She's been indoctrinated with fear of the outside world since the day she was born.

As much as I can't stand Mike Schadt's SOS ministry, if they go there instead of Nepal, at least they won't be bothering people who are trying to recover from an earthquake. :roll: Maybe they'll be long-term staff in the church-planting scheme in Guatemala? But why form their own non-profit?

soshope.org/ministries/central-america/

I'll be surprised if it isn't SOS. The Duggars have known Mike Schadt for years. Perhaps Duggar Aviation can help if any of the Dillards need medical assistance?

Agree with those who think it's good that Jill is getting out of Arkansas.

Why do people freak the f*ck out about anyone with children wanting to raise them anywhere that's not a suburb with a picket fence? People would put children in literal bubbles if they could, I swear. THEY WILL BE OK. There is nothing wrong with moving to a developing country with your children. I mean, I LOATHE religious mission work, but I can't think of anything that could possibly be much better for them at this point than just getting the hell out of Arkansas. Nothing about the lifestyle that kid would have in Arkansas is safe or ideal to begin with. Exposure to the outside world and less time with other Duggars is EXACTLY what they need.

Also, why is it that people think Jill and Jessa attending the Christian music festival implies they're getting out from under Boob's control? I don't know why Boob wouldn't want them to go. It sounded like they kept to a script, and I think everyone knew sending the girls was "safe;" nobody's going to heckle the victims. Boob is sleazy and savvy enough to know that they're his only tickets back to relevancy, and he will put them to work, IMO. The girls are what kept the show on the air for so long.

And while I'm at it, feeling bitter and critical...I think it's a bit harsh to judge Jill's writing skills, or even how naive she is about mission work. She always seemed like a smart and motivated girl with a lot of untapped potential. Access to a proper education is a privilege, and it's one that she did not have. There's a good chance Jill wouldn't have even been allowed to go to a public library and pick up a book off the shelf. How would she have learned to be a great writer? Who would have taught her? Michelle? Yeah, right.

She has White Christian Savior complex HARDCORE, but that's all she's ever known, and she's still very young. Moving to another country might be the only thing that'd bring her down to earth. It's a shame that her own personal learning experience has to be at the expense of all the people she's going to try to convert, but what can you really expect? She's been indoctrinated with fear of the outside world since the day she was born.

I agree with all of this, but Derick seems to have written that mess of a blog post, not Jill, so criticism of the quality of writing should be (and was, I think?) directed at him. :)

Archived