IGNORED

Lack of interest in Maxwell conferences

SPHASH

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teri needed to have called an abuse hotline after that incident where Steve locked up her kids. I wish she had done that and escaped with the kids to a safe house. I'm sure Steve has threatened her with taking away the kids if she tries to leave. They may be adults now, but he still holds the brainwashing tools. I think Teri would be less likely to see her kids now than if she had left when they were still minors. Steve is a horrible, evil man.

Oh, and the reason that the Maxwells' conferences are failing is because they do not make real connections or friendships with others, and they are not open and friendly. Any "friendliness" is for the sole purpose of selling their products, and I think it's obvious to even their most devoted of followers by now. I believe the Maxwells would completely shutter themselves from the world if they didn't have to make a living. The Maxwells can come up with any plan they want (Energize! etc.) but nothing will fix the root cause of their dwindling audience, because they have no interest in fixing it.

They weren't locked in their rooms, they were sent to separate rooms to play.

I don't think highly of Steve but it is probably best not to exaggerate the facts, or we will lose credibility to people who come here undecided about following them. :)

Sorry if that sounds like I am hand slapping, it's just that I made one unintentional mistake in an earlier post and don't want to see the thread get carried away. The Maxwells are bad enough anyway!

They weren't locked in their rooms, they were sent to separate rooms to play.

I don't think highly of Steve but it is probably best not to exaggerate the facts, or we will lose credibility to people who come here undecided about following them. :)

Sorry if that sounds like I am hand slapping, it's just that I made one unintentional mistake in an earlier post and don't want to see the thread get carried away. The Maxwells are bad enough anyway!

Yes, but they were made to stay there and not allowed to come out, am I right? I don't see where there's a huge difference. While they may not have been technically *locked* in their rooms, they weren't free to roam. So many questions come to mind here. Were they fed? Allowed to use the restroom?

They weren't locked in, that's true, but they had to spend all day alone in their rooms as if they were being punished, and that is a WAY over the top, mean punishment for kids that age, plus the kids hadn't even done anything wrong. He was really punishing Teri, making the kids miserable so she'd feel awful for their situations and do what he wanted so the kids could leave their rooms and be around each other again instead. He made a completely arbitrary declaration that, if she wasn't going to homeschool, then their little kids had to spend every day alone and it was all her fault.

They were fed. He said all she had to do was make sure they were fed and safe, and they had to stay in their rooms alone all day. Or she could decide to homeschool after all and they could come out and not be alone for hours anymore. It's messed up. Sarah was maybe in first grade or something.

Oh I agree it is messed up! It was just the comment above about Teri needing to call an abuse hotline and take the kids to a safe house because the kids were locked up was seeming a bit over the top.

The saddest and most abusive part for me is that Steve has never needed to lock the doors. There has always been a safe house at grandma's next door if anyone wanted to use it. The mind control Steve exerts is far more insidious than turning a key in a lock.

The saddest and most abusive part for me is that Steve has never needed to lock the doors. There has always been a safe house at grandma's next door if anyone wanted to use it. The mind control Steve exerts is far more insidious than turning a key in a lock.

I never understood why Teri's parents didn't try and intervene if they felt Steve was in the wrong. Or did he brainwash them also.

I never understood why Teri's parents didn't try and intervene if they felt Steve was in the wrong. Or did he brainwash them also.

Didn't the Maxwells live in another state at that time? The grandparents might not have known what was going on.

Teri needed to have called an abuse hotline after that incident where Steve locked up her kids. I wish she had done that and escaped with the kids to a safe house. I'm sure Steve has threatened her with taking away the kids if she tries to leave. They may be adults now, but he still holds the brainwashing tools. I think Teri would be less likely to see her kids now than if she had left when they were still minors. Steve is a horrible, evil man.

Oh, and the reason that the Maxwells' conferences are failing is because they do not make real connections or friendships with others, and they are not open and friendly. Any "friendliness" is for the sole purpose of selling their products, and I think it's obvious to even their most devoted of followers by now. I believe the Maxwells would completely shutter themselves from the world if they didn't have to make a living. The Maxwells can come up with any plan they want (Energize! etc.) but nothing will fix the root cause of their dwindling audience, because they have no interest in fixing it.

Re the bolded: If Terri was so overwhelmed by her depression, homeschooling, and her own children, I don't think leaving would have entered her head because then she would have been alone with the kids. At least when Steve came home she had another adult to help her and had some respite up in her room, and although we see him as a despicable dick, she wouldn't have.

Being alone with the children would have been another hell for her - and as we know, a godly Christian woman just doesn't leave her husband, even if there is ample reason to do so.

Didn't the Maxwells live in another state at that time? The grandparents might not have known what was going on.

I didn't know that... It makes more sense now. I was wondering why Teri wrote a letter to her parents to tell them about the homeschool plans, instead of just calling in next door. :lol:

There are multiple directions the Maxwell family could branch out into.

-Fitness. They clearly keep fit and watch their diet. They could have a subscription service where they provide weekly menu plans and workout videos. The women would get videos produced by Sarah/Anna/Mary and the men plans from Joseph/John/Jesse/whoever.

-Home construction things. They're obviously pretty good at this.

- "When Prince Charming Never Shows Up (or Daddy drives him away): Living a productive, godly life as a single 30/40 something woman."

I'm sure there's other things too. They just won't do it.

There are multiple directions the Maxwell family could branch out into.

-Fitness. They clearly keep fit and watch their diet. They could have a subscription service where they provide weekly menu plans and workout videos. The women would get videos produced by Sarah/Anna/Mary and the men plans from Joseph/John/Jesse/whoever.

-Home construction things. They're obviously pretty good at this.

- "When Prince Charming Never Shows Up (or Daddy drives him away): Living a productive, godly life as a single 30/40 something woman."

I'm sure there's other things too. They just won't do it.

I can see their home construction thing sounding like "For every hammer you nail, it's like Jesus hammering down sin"

What would their weekly menu plans look like? 101 ways you can cook bean burritos?!

I can see their home construction thing sounding like "For every hammer you nail, it's like Jesus hammering down sin"

What would their weekly menu plans look like? 101 ways you can cook bean burritos?!

Ha! Probably. It would be cheap and easy for the impoverished Quiverfull family looking to get fit. And don't forget those green smoothies :D

101? Try 2. 'Almost no meat,' and 'no meat.' :snooty:

The thing about Teri's not wanting to homeschool and Steve saying that their going back to school was out of the question, and that if she didn't want to teach she would just babysit and he would teach in the evening? It wasn't just babysitting.

He made her shut Nathan, Christopher, and Sarah in their rooms alone for the entire day. He said, "If you can't handle being around the kids all day then I'll shut them up by themselves and we'll see how you like it. Isn't this what you want, Teri? Isn't it?"

That is a monsterous thing to do to your small children. He said he was relieved when she only lasted a couple days before feeling too terrible for the kids each being shut up alone for eight hours a day to continue like this, and she told Steve she'd teach again. He hadn't really wanted to do the teaching, so he intimidated her into continuing by torturing their children with forced isolation, and then made going back to homeschooling seem like her idea instead of something she was forced to do to protect her kids from his psychological abuse and manipulation.

He's a monster.

Was that in one of their books??

There is a summary of what the Maxwells say happened in the free sample of managers of their schools. Voudoodoll's account is an imagined version, I think.

New post up. Spent Memorial Day working then dinner and bible time. Bethany got her own bible. Drew is adorable as always. Josh sat next to Grandpa at the dinner table, as usual.

It sounds like Teri loved and cared more about her children than Steve did and he used that love as a weapon against her. Stevehovah, Master Manipulator. Jesus would be so proud.

"For every hammer you nail, it's like Jesus hammering down sin", :lol: I can hear Ned Flanders saying that.

New post up. Spent Memorial Day working then dinner and bible time. Bethany got her own bible. Drew is adorable as always. Josh sat next to Grandpa at the dinner table, as usual.

And Sarah is grateful for time together as a family. Because it is so very rare??

Yet again, Joshua is sitting next to Steve. Steve's favoritism is so obvious just from pictures, it must be glaring in real life.

It sounds like Teri loved and cared more about her children than Steve did and he used that love as a weapon against her.

Agree!!

Yet again, Joshua is sitting next to Steve. Steve's favoritism is so obvious just from pictures, it must be glaring in real life.

Agree!! Joshua is always next to Steve!!! I wonder if the girls try & sit next to their grandfather & he dosen't let them.

I think I know why they are always so grateful to have time together … because at any minute they might DIE!

Archived