IGNORED

Paper flowers ...I think..Maybe?

OkToBeTakei

My kid's room has just been decorated (by me..yay me :lol: )

Theme is teen emo band, black white and grey. Don't ask.

ANYWAY she wants flowers made out of newspaper WTF? NO way am I paying £160 for the ones I saw on Amazon/Etsy/Ebay.

So today I'm picking up my brand new glue gun and off I go.

Any hints welcome. Just to say this is totally going to be a disaster :( I looked at a you-tube tutorial ..............I could not figure it out at ALL!

If you have gone to the trouble of painting bands of paint on the walls, then put.down.the.gun.and.step.away.from.the.room!!!!!!

It could end up not so much emo as Rod Hull and Emu. :-)

If you have gone to the trouble of painting bands of paint on the walls, then put.down.the.gun.and.step.away.from.the.room!!!!!!

It could end up not so much emo as Rod Hull and Emu. :-)

:lol: :lol:

No the bands are emo bands as in music! Thankfully they are just vinyl decals of lyrics. (So when that fad fades I can rip em off.)

:lol: Meh, no self respecting emo teen shoul be letting their mother decorate their room, anyway. Teach the kid a lesson by "misunderstanding" and switch the wall lyrics to something from the past!

Paper Roses

paper Roses

Oh how real those roses seem to be!

But they're only imitation

Like your imitation love for me.

My kids make paper flowers. I just looked up some tutorials, and these don't look hard to make, just time consuming. Enlist the kid (and her friends, if that's not too emo) and have them start folding and cutting.

http://www.michelemademe.com/2011/07/re ... -your.html

That's easier than the woman I was trying to follow.

I've glued the newspaper to the table twice now.

Glue gun is a bit scary :shock:

Also the glue is HOT - learned that the hard way when gluing pasta shapes to bunting at a children's craft morning. Ouch.

I'm working on a project with permanent jewelry glue, and I've glued my fingers together at least twice so far, so you're doing better than I am. I would like to add that there's no greater panic than when you glue two body parts together and realize they're not coming apart. My greatest fear is that one day I'll glue my index finger to my eyeball.

Archived