IGNORED

OMFG the Maxwells finally acknowledged Grandad's passing!

SPHASH

New post up. Teri admits Grandad died last year. She posted pics of him doing stuff with the grandsons but not the granddaughters.

That was so...random. And why does it always have to be about how wonderful and godly they are? Talk about the man who DIED, FFS.

I wonder if they posted it thinking no one would pay attention due to the Josh Duggar molestation scandal. Ha Ha Steve, we are one step ahead of you.

I wonder if they posted it thinking no one would pay attention due to the Josh Duggar molestation scandal. Ha Ha Steve, we are one step ahead of you.

That's what I was thinking, but at this point, why even mention it at all? I stopped caring about the Maxwells lying to me long ago.

My thoughts, in order:

That's odd.

Teri refers to her grown sons as boys.

Teri really looks like her dad. Anna looks like him, too.

Joshua looks like his uncles a lot.

Why no pictures of the girls with their grandfather?

So Grandad never spent time with the girls, or maybe he did but it just wasn't photo-worthy? So odd. I think her point was to demonstrate that the boys had a good relationship with Grandad which developed into them helping care for him in his later years (and it would have been inappropriate for the girls to do so should they ever have to deal with Grandads body parts, I'm guessing). But still, she didn't say anything about that, just didn't include photos of Grandad with the girls.

Parkinson's is a cruel disease and I can't imagine how hard it was on their whole family there at the end. I am sort-of willing to give Teri a pass on this one. It may have taken her this long to be able to talk about it publicly.

They seem to write posts ahead of time. I am not surprised that they decided today was a good day to affirm that the Maxwell boys are pure in heart and deed......

I am sad for the Maxwell "children" that Steve now has reason to cut them off from yet another source of "friends".

So Grandad never spent time with the girls, or maybe he did but it just wasn't photo-worthy? So odd. I think her point was to demonstrate that the boys had a good relationship with Grandad which developed into them helping care for him in his later years (and it would have been inappropriate for the girls to do so should they ever have to deal with Grandads body parts, I'm guessing). But still, she didn't say anything about that, just didn't include photos of Grandad with the girls.

Parkinson's is a cruel disease and I can't imagine how hard it was on their whole family there at the end. I am sort-of willing to give Teri a pass on this one. It may have taken her this long to be able to talk about it publicly.

The girls may not have helped put Grandad to bed, but I imagine they went over to cook, clean and do laundry on a regular basis. Gigi has been pretty frail for a while, there's no way she handled all that sort of stuff by herself and with her ailing husband.

They seem to write posts ahead of time. I am not surprised that they decided today was a good day to affirm that the Maxwell boys are pure in heart and deed......

I am sad for the Maxwell "children" that Steve now has reason to cut them off from yet another source of "friends".

Oh no, I didn't even think of that but you're probably right. There's always a chance though. The Maxwells are friendly with the Buck-Hales, who went through some pretty gruesome stuff. I can't see Steve ever letting his kids be around Josh again, but maybe he'll decide that the other Duggars are still acceptable what-some-might-call-acquaintances.

I think the girls did go over & cleaned & cook for the grandparents. The post was about how their sons wants to serve him.

Maybe they will do a post about what the girls did.

And we wonder why Sarah can't write? It "blesses my mother heart." Sigh.

This is all very nice but such caregiving is hardly limited to the Maxwells. So they each went next door or crossed the road once or twice a week to help grandpa to bed. It is quite probable that grandpa preferred to have males giving him personal care, but where is Steve in all of this? If he had stepped up for 2 nights a week then they wouldn't have had to make a schedule. Oh, silly me, of course they had to have a schedule.

'bout time, Maxwells!

Well, I'll give the Maxwells a little bit of credit for having the male members of the family do caregiving. Often it is left to females in many families.

Why they chose to mention this just now, idk? Who knows why the Maxwells do anything?

And ita with the poster above who mentioned it would have been nice to talk a little about the grandfather too in that post. I'm sure some readers didn't realize he passed.

Is it a year since he died? I wouldn't find it odd if they had acknowledged when he died and this was kind of a memorial post.

Nice to know he had a good relationship with the boys.

So weird that in the post where they finally tell people he died, they make it all about what great guys their sons are instead of about granddad. Standard Maxwell self-absorption.

And, yeah, it's probably really about Josh Duggar. "JUST IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING, OUR SONS ARE GOOD BOYS."

So weird that in the post where they finally tell people he died, they make it all about what great guys their sons are instead of about granddad. Standard Maxwell self-absorption.

And, yeah, it's probably really about Josh Duggar. "JUST IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING, OUR SONS ARE GOOD BOYS."

I'm more than willing to give Teri a pass on waiting a year to post about the loss of her father. Grief is complicated, and maybe only now is she getting to the place where she feels comfortable to speak of it.

But, yeah to the bolded, that was pretty much my impression when I read it. It was less about celebrating the memory of her father, and more about "see how awesome my sons are!" Not quite sure what to make of that...

The picture of Teries dad in the Memorial Day post-he looks just like Joseph.

I thought he looked exactly like Jesse, i finally understood where Jesse came from lol.

I thought they were other-focused and had died to self. *eyeroll*

I commented saying the pictures were beautiful, and it would be lovely to see some of the girls with him too. Comment didn't pass muster. Can't see what was wrong with that??

I commented saying the pictures were beautiful, and it would be lovely to see some of the girls with him too. Comment didn't pass muster. Can't see what was wrong with that??

Because inherent in your question was the implication that they could have done something differently and inherent in that is the implication that they did it wrong.

Honestly, they are vigilantly guarding against any comments that aren't leg humping and praising.

Weird that they didn't post it for a year. I can understand waiting a few days or weeks but why now?

Archived