IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

http://www.people.com/article/josh-dugg ... rs-respond

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26047

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Anna's a delusional fool and can never truly be certain of her husband's fidelity, IMO.

2) Yeah, I bet he " resigned". Only good thing to come out of this thus far. They fired him.

I still want to know about his $54,000 unpaid tax bill in AR.

The only good thing about that statement is that Anna knew pre courtship and she and her family chose to the marriage with all the facts.

This whole thing is a mess, but in my polyanna moment, I'm happy for her that she hasn't been completely blindsided by this thing.

The next question is how is Josh going to support his family, no job and even if TLC keep the Duggars, they won't keep him.

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

What a thoroughly nasty piece of shit. Nice that he saved his own hide without worrying about how his actions hurt others.

So March 2002 makes Josh 14

Jana 12

Jill 10

Jessa 9

Jinger 8

Joy 4

Bringing a post from the previous thread here, because my reaction was :shock:

OMG. This really puts everything in perspective. How awful!

I have to go attend to my grown-up business instead of constantly refreshing this page, but the statements in People make me think they're going to try to save the show.

So, Anna and the Kellers knew before Anna married Josh. Anna and the Duggars are all supporting Josh. No damn surprise there.

Those poor kids of his.

"Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives," Jim Bob, 49, and Michelle, 48, said in a joint statement. "When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."

Their statement continues, "Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles every day. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God's kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us – even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey – the good times and the difficult times – cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything."

And Josh's wife Anna, 26, says she has remained supportive of her husband – even after he confessed his "past teenage mistakes" two years before he proposed marriage.

"I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock," she says. "When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh, he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was – even every difficult past mistakes."

But Anna said she had confidence that the counseling her husband received "changed his life."

"He continued to do what he was taught. [i know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended," she says. "Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right."

And for his part, Josh says he continues living with regret.

"I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions," says Josh. "I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."

Notice how the statement didn't say the GIRLS received counseling, only that golden boy Joshie did? J' Bob and Michelle make me sick.

He is the worst. How can he be so selfie centered, he needs a punch in his balls.

And I can't believe Anna knew about this all a long. Now all of the I love you joshua in their honeymoon are so fucking creepy

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

Ruin his life is the thing that just is pissing me off beyond relief. If he continued down this wrong road he would end up continuing to hurt innocent girls! It's just like he's admitting to how sorry and ashamed he is of his actions and getting caught, not of how MUCH he was hurting them. UGH!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

JB's statement is essentially: "Yes, our family isn't perfect. But that makes us even MORE relatable! Tune into our show on TLC to watch our lives!"

How dare they call their brainwashing camp as counselling?

When they explicitly admitted in the police report it was not professional counseling of any kind?

JB and M are horrible people who are desperately trying to save their train wreck of a TV show.

The only good thing about that statement is that Anna knew pre courtship and she and her family chose to the marriage with all the facts.

This whole thing is a mess, but in my polyanna moment, I'm happy for her that she hasn't been completely blindsided by this thing.

The next question is how is Josh going to support his family, no job and even if TLC keep the Duggars, they won't keep him.

I'm guessing that he may to work for one of JB's businesses, but the reputation of the whole family will hurt and that could hurt non TLC income. Someone in the previous thread said that mainstream Christians will cut ties with the Duggars and I agree, they will. I see JB and Michelle and the rest of the family losing money because mainstream churches and other mainstream Christian organizations will not want to be associated with them.

Anna knew, married him anyways, and created four children with him.

OMG

She was very young and sheltered at the time, so it's unlikely that she really grasped the seriousness of the situation, but still. And her parents let her go through with the marriage. OMG.

And Anna should have kept her mouth shut. She's really killed her public persona and options.

Anna's parents knew and had no qualms? That is just disgusting. :cray-cray:

Notice how the statement didn't say the GIRLS received counseling, only that golden boy Joshie did? J' Bob and Michelle make me sick.

Josh said that he and those affected received counseling. So I guessing the sister's got some sort of counseling. Probably nothing truly helpful though.

The statement to People is such a crock of shit. Ruined his life? What about his sisters and the other victim? Are their lives not ruined, Josh? smdh

Bringing a post from the previous thread here, because my reaction was :shock:

OMG. This really puts everything in perspective. How awful!

Thank you for doing the math. I couldn't keep the ages straight when I read the report, but knew that at least two of the victims were very young at the time of the interviews based on the whole drawing a face to break the ice process.

That is really the takeaway here. Yeah, Josh did something despicable. But he was very young and had adults around him who apparently let this go on for SEVERAL YEARS with MULTIPLE VICTIMS. And then could still look their daughters straight in the eye and say, "men can't control their urges." Or "when you dress a certain way, you lead men to sin."

Because guess what made Josh molest them? Not their clothes. Not their actions. Nothing. He did it because he wanted to. NO other reason. Those girls have just as much baggage as we suspected all along, unfortunately.

Josh said that he and those affected received counseling. So I guessing the sister's got some sort of counseling.

I have a feeling "counseling" = Journey to the Heart

Anna's parents knew and had no qualms? That is just disgusting. :cray-cray:

I totally agree. They are just as bad as JB and Michelle.

I'm really amazed that we all thought it was rumors for a long time going around about him molesting a girl...and it turns out it's true but it's also his sisters! Where did this stuff even begin a while back, did it just come out of thin air from a random poster?

After all of those shady gossip sites randomly posting about it..it's actually true.

He is such a POS.

Archived