IGNORED

Another Maxwell fast

urban explorer

I don't know why he does these fasts!! Like others have posted this is like their 2nd or 3rd of the year.

I just saw that one of the "testimonies" they quote talked about increased physical challenges since the last fast. Sounds like an awfully strange reason to fast again. Maybe someone who is not doing well should be eating on a regular basis?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw that one of the "testimonies" they quote talked about increased physical challenges since the last fast. Sounds like an awfully strange reason to fast again. Maybe someone who is not doing well should be eating on a regular basis?

Here's more from that same testimony on their blog re the benefits of fasting from "a dad":

"I want practice and battle hardening so I can not sit in fear being ineffective and unproductive, but pick up my weapons and wield them at the enemy when I am hungry, when I am tired, when nothing is going right, when I don’t feel like praying, when discouraging news hits."

Is Steve getting his "troops" battle hardened so they will continue to fight the good fight as times get tougher for them?

I can't understand how they survive those fasts, if i skip a meal i get instant headache... It must be tiring to follow fast after fast just because your daddy says so. I hope this doesn't affect those chidults health.

Anyway, i had apple cinnamon sweet bread with coffee for breakfast and now i'm cooking chicken parmesan baked pasta and bruschettas with tomato, basil and garlic for lunch, i'm going all the way with this antifast :)

I fast for 18 hours once a week. Not for religious reasons, not for medical reasons but just because of my schedule. I eat dinner Friday night around 8 pm and then don't eat again until 2:00 lunch the next day. I don't usually get hungry but if I do I will eat a small snack. I prefer not to because snacking makes me feel lazy and less motivated to get things done. Also I still have my coffee in the morning and I drink plenty of water so I don't know if Steve would call that a true fast.

I don't think so!

I sure hope she doesn't!! I met a pregnant woman years ago at a retreat and she fasted pretty regularly. Even though it was several years before I had kids, I knew that wasn't a healthy thing to do. No wonder she had problems with her first pregnancy.

Archived