IGNORED

Phillips co-opting World War2 - how long o lard

MamaJunebug

When CloakNDagger posted this over in the Lourdes lawsuit thread,

Author: CloakNDagger » Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 pm

If the Phillips are really hurting because of the lawsuit or the business closing, it isn't bad enough to keep them from travelling to Washington, DC and doing the reenactor stuff. Looks like they were there today. Stumbled across this from CNN and it looks like at least Faith and Jubilee were there (see Twitter pictures), but I cannot imagine that they were there by themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/08/politics/ ... index.html

...I, as the daughter of a WW2 soldier (my dad) and an defense-industry factory worker (momma), felt a rising outrage. Let's see, if my history is right, all the 70th anniversaries of the ending of that awful war will end some time this year.

Thus, Dougie's daughters (and I fault him, not them) have a limited window of opportunity to either...

(a) fete the gallant greatest generationers who are still around

or

(b) parade themselves and their father-mandated patriarchal message

...depending on your point of view, of course.

Snark #1: The CNN cutline writer reported that vets told Faith & Juby that they "reminded them of girls they used to date." Ooooo, horrors, they used the "d" word!

Snark #2: Where's the other "d" word, Dougie? F&J are out there in part because they're pretty young women who've gone to some trouble to get reproduction frocks made and do up their hair semi-authentically. And one of them sings. But that can't be all there is to their appearances on the Mall.

Snark #3: After BigMommaJB had died and while BDJB was still getting around pretty well, we saw where there was going to be a WW2 battle reenactment/interpretation at a local park with a long military history. Offered BDJB a ride there. BigDad was not a sentimental man nor given to displays of emotion, but he got very quiet and said gently, "You go. And don't feel bad about it. But I can't."

If the 90-somethings who are still around are okay with the commemorations and celebrations, I say all power to them. And for we baby boomers who know that demonstrating history is usually far more effective at interesting youth than just giving them a book or movie, I have no criticism.

I don't even criticize the Phillips daughters for their participation. But I'm ready at the drop of a helmet to tear apart ANY kind of glory Doug or his successor, Scott Brown, try to grab.

Thanks to Cloak N Dagger for spotting the story and for your original post. And thanks to MJB for your eloquent and heartfelt follow-up.

Plus ca change...The more things change, the more they remain the same. Doug Phillips is, indeed, a tool.

Well said, MJB. My parents' generation too.

Doug co-opting WWII (remember that photo of him all dressed up in uniform as a Major) really pisses me off. Playacting and glorifying the horrors of war for his self-aggrandizement is despicable.

No, I don't blame the children either. Also re-enactment done right and without revisionist history can be very educational. I'm sure some veterans do enjoy talking with Faith and Jubilee and listening to Faith sing.

As an aside, I'm always struck by how much older than her age Faith looks. All dressed up in '40's gear she could easily pass for 30.

Thank you all. And CND, of course. I'm wondering how we (I) can keep tabs on what bullpuckey Doug gets his daughters up to in the coming months (or what they get themselves up to, possibly this is all their doing). Rather imagine there will be plenty of opportunities to point out this home truth if we can find the reports.

I recently became aware of Croix de Guerre recipient Phyllis LaTour, now 90, who served as a British spy in Normandy. This isn't the best interview with her --

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11358716

-- a better one quotes her about her remorse at seeing (and causing) death. I'll try to find and post it here. Something the Phillips young lovelies would do well to read and ponder.

Here's an article in which she is quoted candidly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... roine.html

Site won't let me copy+paste, but she talks about how she always imagined bomber pilots coming back to the ground and patting each other on the back for a successful raid. She says she never could do that - she was on the ground and saw the carnage. There's another article, I think I have it on my phone, will try to get the link here. Yep, this is the same article.

Anyway, something for Phillips, and Scott Brown oh-so-proudworshipful-of-his-fighter-pilot-daddy, and the Phillips filles to think about. Not that they will.

The Phillips daughters have their very own website devoted to all things WWII:

operationmeatball.squarespace.com/info/

Ugh! This reminds me of when Phillips put out some kind of brochure about honoring the WWII soldiers and marines.

On the front of the brochure he had a few pictures of men from WWII towards the bottom of the brochure, and at the top a big old picture of his face, bigger and above the WWII guy's pictures.

Unbelievable hubris.

The very first link posted by the OP doesn't work, what am I doing wrong???

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a Tool!!

Yes, the glorification of things military has always galled me to no end, especially since we know that Doug Phillips Is A Rapist would have run into the next galaxy to avoid service had he actually been drafted.

It is a shame that his kids have been indoctrinated into such a twisted approach, where military service and history are merely components of an elaborate dress-up scheme.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

Yes, the glorification of things military has always galled me to no end, especially since we know that Doug Phillips Is A Rapist would have run into the next galaxy to avoid service had he actually been drafted.

It is a shame that his kids have been indoctrinated into such a twisted approach, where military service and history are merely components of an elaborate dress-up scheme.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

I don't think it is the glorification of ALL military, just WW2 because they have romanticized that era. Women stayed home and made babies, most people went to church on Sundays, dads had jobs and were the heads of their families, children were better behaved, more polite, and very respectful of their elders, clothing was more modest, women wore dresses and skirts, and only sluts had premarital sex. Because most women stayed home until marriage and were not corrupted by college educations or jobs, they maintained their purity until they met Mr. Right and tied the knot. They think men who fought in the war were brave and manly, and they were, but they don't seem to realize that the war itself changed women and gave them a taste of freedom and offered choices that they didn't have previously. Someone had to do the work of the men who left their jobs to fight and the women left behind did that. Wars change society and WW2 was no different. Women liked having a paycheck and took pride in doing their jobs. They war that DPIAT so idolizes changed us. I think he really wants to go back to that era, minus the fighting and women working.

I don't think it is the glorification of ALL military, just WW2 because they have romanticized that era. Women stayed home and made babies, most people went to church on Sundays, dads had jobs and were the heads of their families, children were better behaved, more polite, and very respectful of their elders, clothing was more modest, women wore dresses and skirts, and only sluts had premarital sex. Because most women stayed home until marriage and were not corrupted by college educations or jobs, they maintained their purity until they met Mr. Right and tied the knot. They think men who fought in the war were brave and manly, and they were, but they don't seem to realize that the war itself changed women and gave them a taste of freedom and offered choices that they didn't have previously. Someone had to do the work of the men who left their jobs to fight and the women left behind did that. Wars change society and WW2 was no different. Women liked having a paycheck and took pride in doing their jobs. They war that DPIAT so idolizes changed us. I think he really wants to go back to that era, minus the fighting and women working.

What do they think Rosie the Riveter represented?

Doug Phillips really is a tool. :music-tool:

Be-all has a Facebook post of Faith singing with a veteran. No evidence of Doug (Phillips, who is a tool) posing in the background.

What do they think Rosie the Riveter represented?

Doug Phillips really is a tool. :music-tool:

Oh right we FJ'ers made plans to all go as Rosies next time when the last photos of their cosplay came out. :lol: It was the re-enactment where the Botkins were there in vintage cars.

Or maybe that was just me with the Rosie scheme. But their revision is terrible, with their focus on all the women baking and looking like a Woolworth's ad. It's a disservice to the truth.

I would love going as a WASP, too. My great-aunt actually was one but i don't think she ever went overseas.

Oh look the costume is only $40 :lol: any bets on how much the Phillips girls spent on theirs? Bet it was at least $100/each and most of it vintage.

wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/womens-costumes/military/SM35527-womens-ww2-air-force-female-captain.html

post-10046-1445200021408_thumb.jpg

Oh look - Lisa Pennington has posted on Beall's FB page, calling Faith "precious." :evil-eye:

Oh right we FJ'ers made plans to all go as Rosies next time when the last photos of their cosplay came out. :lol: It was the re-enactment where the Botkins were there in vintage cars.

Or maybe that was just me with the Rosie scheme. But their revision is terrible, with their focus on all the women baking and looking like a Woolworth's ad. It's a disservice to the truth.

I would love going as a WASP, too. My great-aunt actually was one but i don't think she ever went overseas.

Oh look the costume is only $40 :lol: any bets on how much the Phillips girls spent on theirs? Bet it was at least $100/each and most of it vintage.

wholesalehalloweencostumes.com/adult-costumes/womens-costumes/military/SM35527-womens-ww2-air-force-female-captain.html

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

Yes, that's great! My great-great grandmother was in the WAVES (gasp! shock!)

and her sister worked as a welder in a shipyard (GASP!! SHOCK!!)

Those women could actually handle tools.

Doug Phillips just IS a tool. (I had to, okay? :lol: :music-tool: )

Snark #3: After BigMommaJB had died and while BDJB was still getting around pretty well, we saw where there was going to be a WW2 battle reenactment/interpretation at a local park with a long military history. Offered BDJB a ride there. BigDad was not a sentimental man nor given to displays of emotion, but he got very quiet and said gently, "You go. And don't feel bad about it. But I can't."

If the 90-somethings who are still around are okay with the commemorations and celebrations, I say all power to them. And for we baby boomers who know that demonstrating history is usually far more effective at interesting youth than just giving them a book or movie, I have no criticism.

My uncle and godfather was a WW2 vet who just passed away at the age of 92. I don't know how he felt about the commemorations and reenactments. But for many years, he hated hot, humid weather which unfortunately was the typical summers here because it reminded him of his time in the South Pacific during which he sustained injuries from a bomb. He eventually did get over it by his late 80's after which he and my aunt moved to Florida where it was warm and humid most of the year. So I get that these celebrations might be a trigger for some vets.

Doug Phillips is still a :music-tool:

Just saw a cartoon of middle-aged folks squeezed beneath school desks and the caption is "Cold War Reenactors." Might I suggest DPIAR go directly to that era. Under a desk. Covering his mouth so we never have to fear hearing his evil huckster voice again.

PS: grew up half a mile from a major intercontinental ballistic missile installation, never once had to duck under a desk. They knew, in case of attack, we'd be vaporized. Taught a nice "c'est la vie/mort" philosophy to us at an early age, something I doubt most middle-class American kids got. :shrug:

Just saw a cartoon of middle-aged folks squeezed beneath school desks and the caption is "Cold War Reenactors." Might I suggest DPIAR go directly to that era. Under a desk. Covering his mouth so we never have to fear hearing his evil huckster voice again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

PS: grew up half a mile from a major intercontinental ballistic missile installation, never once had to duck under a desk. They knew, in case of attack, we'd be vaporized. Taught a nice "c'est la vie/mort" philosophy to us at an early age, something I doubt most middle-class American kids got. :shrug:

We didn't hide under our desks, but we had both tornado drills and bomb drills--which took us to the bomb shelter in what was then a new school.... what I remember is asking my 3rd grade teacher, who had told us (or let it slip) that that would close the doors and lock them if there were a bomb. I started asking about "what about parents who come and want in" and "Would it just be you teachers and us kids?" and she had no happy answers for me or herself, because the protocols were not to open after a specific time...

Well said, MJB. My parents' generation too.

Doug co-opting WWII (remember that photo of him all dressed up in uniform as a Major) really pisses me off. Playacting and glorifying the horrors of war for his self-aggrandizement is despicable.

No, I don't blame the children either. Also re-enactment done right and without revisionist history can be very educational. I'm sure some veterans do enjoy talking with Faith and Jubilee and listening to Faith sing.

As an aside, I'm always struck by how much older than her age Faith looks. All dressed up in '40's gear she could easily pass for 30.

I agree about the re-enactment when it's done right. I remember Civil War re-enactors coming to my middle school in 8th grade and explaining what the food, clothes, and atmosphere was like at Fort Delaware. They were really interesting and made a concerted effort to engage us all in the conversation.

Be-all has a Facebook post of Faith singing with a veteran. No evidence of Doug (Phillips, who is a tool) posing in the background.

Well surprise, surprise - this post has been removed from Beall's FB page. Maybe she's had second thoughts about pimping out showing off her daughters!

Well surprise, surprise - this post has been removed from Beall's FB page. Maybe she's had second thoughts about pimping out showing off her daughters!

Or maybe Dougie caught wind of the evil Pharisettes from FJ discussing his daughters in their little costumes and exercised his headship to encourage Beall to remove them...

Oh, and by the way, Doug Phillips is a tool. Is, was and always will be a tool.

Archived