IGNORED

Get your FFRREEEEE Moody book......

Justme

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, but I'll pass this offer up. I just remembered that I have some ironing to do. :embarrassed:

Thanks, but I'll pass this offer up. I just remembered that I have some ironing to do. :embarrassed:

Don't neglect the dust on your ceiling fans.

Oh goodness.

You know I would...

But I've been painting rooms lately, and so I could always sit there and watch the paint dry.

And I just think that would be less mind-numbingly dull than reading a Moody book so....

I'm gonna have to pass.

I got it. I'll read anything that's FREE. And there is always the "delete" button if I can't get through it.

If I take one for the team and read it does anyone want some commentary?

Yes please. Commentary is the ONLY thing that will get you through it anyway.

Sarah: "I have amazing news."

Translation: "Our desperation grows stronger by the day."

The Botkins did this recently too, making their "Homeschool Dropouts" video free. (Spoiler: it's really bad.)

After I ordered it, Amazon suggested that I might be interested in British thrillers. The two things could not be more different.

If I take one for the team and read it does anyone want some commentary?

HELL YES! I want to hear all about the ejaculating bratwursts.

Just the thing for my insomnia!

*hurries off to fire up the Kindle*

So I am not reading this closely because it is so bad but here are some parts ya'll may enjoy:

You really can tell that Sarah just doesn't hear a lot of people talking. She has no idea what normal language should sound like. For instance the kids hear a noise in the night and this is said:

“No. That’s too much noise for an opossum. I imagine it’s a cougar! Time is of utmost importance. We must wake Dad,†Mitch urged. At eight years old, Mitch had quite an imagination.

In the first chapter the Moody's find a dog. They want to feed it and this occurs:

Mom opened the refrigerator, contemplating the choices. Just then, Dad walked in. Mom said, “The only thing I can find for the dog is your special lunch meat.†“My work lunch meat? Oh, well. I’ll sacrifice. I can pick up some fast food for lunch,†Dad replied with a little twinkle in his eye. “I’ll call the children inside so we can have Bible time before breakfast. We’ll leave Honey out back.â€

First of all who has "special lunch meat"? Also I don't know why but I found that hilarious.

Dad asks the kids what they want to do this summer. Mollie says she wants to bake cookies. Dad responds like this:

"Mollie, instead of baking cookies for our family, you could start a little baking business and sell to neighbors.â€

How did he make this jump? She is nine years old. Let her bake. You can just tell Sarah doesn't live in the real world.

--Okay enough reading for now- my house is a mess and the dogs need walking!

In the first chapter the Moody's find a dog. They want to feed it and this occurs:

Mom opened the refrigerator, contemplating the choices. Just then, Dad walked in. Mom said, “The only thing I can find for the dog is your special lunch meat.†“My work lunch meat? Oh, well. I’ll sacrifice. I can pick up some fast food for lunch,†Dad replied with a little twinkle in his eye. “I’ll call the children inside so we can have Bible time before breakfast. We’ll leave Honey out back.â€

First of all who has "special lunch meat"? Also I don't know why but I found that hilarious.

I likened it to having "special brownies" when I read it, haha.

So I am not reading this closely because it is so bad but here are some parts ya'll may enjoy:

You really can tell that Sarah just doesn't hear a lot of people talking. She has no idea what normal language should sound like. For instance the kids hear a noise in the night and this is said:

“No. That’s too much noise for an opossum. I imagine it’s a cougar! Time is of utmost importance. We must wake Dad,†Mitch urged. At eight years old, Mitch had quite an imagination.

Dad asks the kids what they want to do this summer. Mollie says she wants to bake cookies. Dad responds like this:

"Mollie, instead of baking cookies for our family, you could start a little baking business and sell to neighbors.â€

How did he make this jump? She is nine years old. Let her bake. You can just tell Sarah doesn't live in the real world.

--Okay enough reading for now- my house is a mess and the dogs need walking!

I have never known anyone, let alone a child, to call it an opossum. Everyone I have ever heard says possum. And we have a lot of possums here. I had a family move in under my house, so I called a possum-oriented rescue. They all said possum.

"Time is of utmost importance. We must wake [Father]." said an adult character from a Jane Austen novel.

Oh no wait. That was said by a modern, 8 year old boy. Riiiiiight.

I just downloaded it. I'm waiting to get an email from Amazon that says, "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!?"

After I ordered it, Amazon suggested that I might be interested in British thrillers. The two things could not be more different.

Could be that you ordered it right after me. I like British detective stories and Amazon is weird like that.

I don't intend to read it (read it before). I just wanted to use up some of the quota.

I downloaded it and will start reading shortly. I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately and figure this will be better than sleepingnaids. If I can get past what I already know is atrocious writing.

If anyone here is an editor, you should download the book, edit it, and send the edited copy back to Sarah. Muahahahaha!!!

Does she think that reading the first book will make people so hooked to the story that they will buy all the moody series?

Wow. I've read the first few chapters and...words fail me. Unfortunately, they've failed Sarah too. I'm really trying to read this with an open mind, as if I never heard of the Maxwells, but this is just BAAAAD. Her storytelling is incoherent and she writes as though children were idiots. I get that she's going for wholesome but this is so boring it's practically flatlining.

It's a good thing the Maxwells self publish.

I raced over here to share the news but you all know already. :cry: How did everyone find out before me? My email from Teri with the exciting news only arrived a few minutes ago.

I am very sad that I don't have a kindle and won't be able to download my free book. I'll have to content myself with rereading whatever the Moody book I ended up with was called. I'm sure it's exactly the same. :lol: Maybe I'll reread Making Great Conversationalists instead.

In other news, the next prayer and fasting day is the 18th May and the Maxwell family are planning a "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit" Tour.

Archived