IGNORED

Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn Jenner

drivingmishcrazy

I'm sure they hired people to design the children's line. Maybe they made some decisions about it, but I doubt they have the skill's to design clothing themselves.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know quite a few people that have transitioned or are still transitioning. A few of them have said that, before they started the process, they were horribly depressed because their gender identity did not match up with their appearance. I'm so happy for Caitlyn Jenner. I hope that this gives her the freedom, happiness, and peace that she needs, and that she's finally comfortable living in her own skin.

Not to bring this thread down, but Matt Walsh is such a douche. I won't even deign to link to his article.

I'm really surprised (in a good way) at how positive the media reaction to Jenner's transition has been! It shows that, if not in all ways, we are making progress as a society. :D

I hope she will be a happier person for it, and that her public acknowledgement of the transition will give hope and encouragement to other trans individuals.

It seems that now the news has been out for awhile, people on social media are pushing back with "I don't care" regarding Caitlyn's transition.

I've never seen as much "I don't care, shut the fuck up" attitude about Kardashian nonsense. Maybe because even though the Kardashians are vapid and vain and boring, they are still conventionally considered super hottie's worthy of at least a little attention, with a bit of teasing thrown in. People are being outright nasty about Caitlyn's press, as if they are offended/exasperated that she has cared to share her experience at all.

The double standard is sickening.

There's a petition to revoke Caitlyn's Olympic medals but the IOC issued a statement saying Caitlyn (then Bruce) won them fair and square. https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb ... 28464.html

She's getting the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPY's next month.

Yeah, I don't see where that's coming from. There's no indication that she has any kind of intersex condition (not that that would necessarily disqualify her in the first place), and it doesn't sound like she was transitioning at all back then. How on earth could you say she didn't win them outright?

Yeah, I don't see where that's coming from. There's no indication that she has any kind of intersex condition (not that that would necessarily disqualify her in the first place), and it doesn't sound like she was transitioning at all back then. How on earth could you say she didn't win them outright?

Oh my god what is wrong with people. How could anyone think this diminishes Bruce Jenner's accomplishments in the Olympics? That is fucking ridiculous.

Oh my god what is wrong with people. How could anyone think this diminishes Bruce Jenner's accomplishments in the Olympics? That is fucking ridiculous.

Ridiculous!! In 1976 or whatever year it was, Bruce (as Caitlyn was then) competed fair and square as a man. What's wrong and unfair about that? Stripping the medals is just a horrible knee-jerk reaction by some small minded people.

I do recall though there was a huge fuss when after going gender reassignment surgery, Dr Renee Richards wanted to compete on the women's tennis circuit. There were concerns that she would have an unfair physical advantage etc. IIRC she wanted to play in the US Open in the seventies, but was told competitors had to have been born a woman, and was asked to submit to a chromosome test.

Edit: Link and more info on Renee Richards here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renée_Richards

On August 16, 1977, Judge Ascione found in Richards' favor. He ruled: "This person is now a female" and that requiring Richards to pass the Barr body test was "grossly unfair, discriminatory and inequitable, and a violation of her rights."[4][17] He further ruled that the USTA intentionally discriminated against Richards, and granted Richards an injunction against the USTA and the USOC allowing to play in the US Open.[4][10] Richards lost to Virginia Wade in the first round of the singles competition, but made it to the finals in doubles.

Hell, even if Caitlyn had come out as a trans woman back then, she wasn't taking testosterone or any sex steroids (that I know of) to gain an unfair edge.

At any rate, if a woman can beat men's records without steroids, she deserves the men's medals. Taking away Caitlyn's medals would be employing opposite-logic.

I'm calling that petition out as a knee-jerk reaction from insecure, angry bigots who need a new hobby.

I guess it's a good sign when most of the complaints about Caitlyn that I've seen on my fb feed aren't so much about her but about how he media doesn't really talk about violence against poor trans women of color.

Then again, I did see someone complain about "Bruce" getting a courage award because "my mom is a cancer survivor, where's her courage award."

If nothing else I guess it's been a good way to get rid of the bad apples on my fb feed!

• 3 weeks later...

my cousin in law has taken up a female name too, i am not sure if she* is taking any hormones though.

What is Jenner famous for?

my cousin in law has taken up a female name too, i am not sure if she* is taking any hormones though.

What is Jenner famous for?

Originally, for winning Gold at the Olympic decathlon in 1976 and 1980, the winner of which tends to be considered "The World's Greatest Athlete." She was basically a superstar who went on to pioneer the concept of athletic endorsement deals, starting with the breakfast of champions:

vhZ6oPR.png

Past(olympic) Athletics was always my weak point in trivial pursuit .The only olympic hero of days yonder I know is Mark Spitz.( i have grown up in spending most summers in swimming club)

Archived