IGNORED

Chris Maxwell mows the lawn.

Justme

I actually don't think the video is that weird. There are lots of three-year-olds who pretend to "mow" for awhile. It's actually quite normal behavior for them at that age to mimic adult behaviors. They pretend to cook, clean, feed baby dolls, mow the yard, work, talk on the phone with similar tones and conversations they hear their parents do often. I think it's a cute video and my parents have some home video of us doing the same thing (different yard style though so no sidewalk). Seems people were around so were most likely keeping an eye on Josh. Chris mowing the lawn is boring. Josh pretending to mow the lawn and sidewalk is cute. Suppose I'm the minority though.

You have really hit the nail on the head with that thought. So often Sarah writes about how they got to spend special family time together and we here on FJ snark that they spend 24/7 together so how is it special? Maybe the special family time is when they actually talk to each other. Maybe most of the time they spend together-- hiking, working out in the basement, dusting ceiling fans-- is time spent in silence with their own thoughts-- as if they were all Carmelite Nuns and Friars.

My first thought was to zoom in and check whether the kids had ear muffs on. Mowers are loud! I was relieved to see both kids did. I then wondered about Ruthanne. Why did he bother to have her there? Surely Anna was around. If Anna and/or Lydia were sleeping and needed him to entertain her then mowing was a really inappropriate activity. If not, why not leave her inside playing and away from the noise?

OK I zoomed in on the video and saw the house # is 1416. Chris bought the old Maxwell adobe on Santa Fe St, I think that house # was 1504. Is that yard he is mowing actually his or Gigi's? She lives next door to him.

Address is 2416. It's on s.15th st. It's the original Maxwell house which Christopher bought from his parents. New compound is 1504 Santa Fe st. They have adjoining backyards. Nathan is across the road from Christopher but I can't remember the number.

I spend too much time stalking people on google maps!

My first thought was to zoom in and check whether the kids had ear muffs on. Mowers are loud! I was relieved to see both kids did. I then wondered about Ruthanne. Why did he bother to have her there? Surely Anna was around. If Anna and/or Lydia were sleeping and needed him to entertain her then mowing was a really inappropriate activity. If not, why not leave her inside playing and away from the noise?

Maybe she's been a bit fussy lately and not sleeping well, and they thought a bit of fresh air would help? I used to take my kids out for awhile in the stroller just before naptime, and the fresh air and sunshine would knock them right out. :lol:

I never ceased to be amazed at how I am fascinated with how boring the Maxwell's are. It's like a car crash, but the car doesn't crash it just keeps going down a flat, straight stretch of highway with nothing but cornfields on either side.

At least with the corn fields, you have a chance of something jumping out at you (A la "Children of the Corn") With the Maxwells, it's the same old thing all the time. A plain white corridor without doors.

I think Christopher must do everything in khakis - including, probably, having sweet, sweet fellowship with NR Anna. :?

Here is what I don't get. The Maxwells are so against TV and movies. They think these are a sin. Yet this video (while extremely boring) would totally go into the tv/movie category. Why can they make this and want people to watch it, yet proclaim any tv/movies are sinful?

Also I wonder if their followers found this entertaining. If you never get to watch tv perhaps you thought this was wonderful.

Nothing overly snarky in this video other than of course Christopher was in khakis and the fact they felt the need to set music to it??

However, it does get to me, because even though they don't say it, you can tell that they think Christiopher cutting the grass while walking his daughter, with his son copying him, is some sort of super special event that only happens in their family as they are such good christians, and void of evil worldy influences and the whole rest of the world doesn't get to experience this awesomeness, because they don't devote every nanosecond of the day to worshiping the lord and being with the family.

Truth is stuff like that video happens every weekend, in a families of all kind all over the place. They are not special. The only difference is in the rest of the world, the dad wouldn be mowing the lawn in jeans/short/not khaki's and afterword the kid would have a sleepover with this friend and watch some SpongeBob SquarePants, and not go inside for Bible time and family music time.

I never ceased to be amazed at how I am fascinated with how boring the Maxwell's are. It's like a car crash, but the car doesn't crash it just keeps going down a flat, straight stretch of highway with nothing but cornfields on either side.

as 25 mph...

I'll go against the grain and give Chris a virtual high-five for doing yard work with both kids to give AM time alone, to either nap with baby or get stuff done inside.

Wonder if they ever watch Christian movies? If not, why not?

They don't. It's too much of a temptation to have a tv, which they call the beast.

They don't. It's too much of a temptation to have a tv, which they call the beast.

Plus it's entertainment, and the Maxwells do NO entertainment. Even on their "what some may call vacations" there is very limited entertainment, and what there is revolves around physical exercise (stewardship of their God-given bodies) and activities geared to the little kids (feeding the chipmunks). That's it.

I grew up immersed in the Catholic faith, and priests and nuns were always stopping by the house to visit. Even the most spiritual of them had fun, lots of fun, and laughs. Those poor Maxwell girls are like cloistered nuns, without the luxury of choosing that lifestyle for themselves.

Wonder if they ever watch Christian movies? If not, why not?

As was explained to me many times WIWGUF (when I was growing up fundie), Satan controls the entertainment industry. Thus, even G-rated movies put money directly into Satan's hot pockets. Christian movies (not sure if they existed back then) are nothing more than a slippery slope to the depravity that is an R-rated flick.

I just watched Sarah's video.

That was absolutely terrifying.

She has the deadest eyes I have ever seen, and if I'm not mistaken, her hair is already graying. How many times did she blink in those two minutes? Twice? I can't watch again to see, but I know it wasn't enough.

She speaks in the same stunted, run-on sentence way she writes. She sounds like a 9-year old. Her books, apparently, are written that way intentionally, so no one will ever know conflict or reality or learn from it.

She makes Dolores Umbridge look cozy.

Yikes.

As was explained to me many times WIWGUF (when I was growing up fundie), Satan controls the entertainment industry. Thus, even G-rated movies put money directly into Satan's hot pockets. Christian movies (not sure if they existed back then) are nothing more than a slippery slope to the depravity that is an R-rated flick.

You know how it is...one day it's "Heidi", the next day it's "Depraved Dungeon Gangbang 14." :roll:

You know how it is...one day it's "Heidi", the next day it's "Depraved Dungeon Gangbang 14." :roll:

God damn it - LOL - I'm sorry.... :cracking-up:

God damn it - LOL - I'm sorry.... :cracking-up:

*bows* I live but to serve. :whistle:

If the parents are really retiring, and once they sell their current stock of self published books, they are done, what then for the kids? If the houses are paid for and Dad has enough to pay everyone's property taxes, the menfolk may be able to keep the families in scamaritan insurance, bean burritoes and i-phones for years to come on relatively paltry salaries. So they become a breeder version of the Ardnts, making pointless videos, writing books that will never be finished or read and going caroling once a years?

Or will they escape as missionaries out of the country?

I don't see them selling off the entire stock of books. They'll probably order a small number and keep them on hand for internet sales. I just can't see Sarah not shilling her Moody books. At this point, out of all the Maxwell books, the Moody series is kind of a fundie staple. What will all the littl'uns do if they can't read about bursting sausages?

Archived