IGNORED

Chris Maxwell mows the lawn.

Justme

Jesse took a video of Chris moving his front lawn, sped it up, added video and added music. Joshie moved the sidewalk. Chris also had Ruthie on his back. Joshie is well trained. I don't know many 3 yo's who would "mow" so long. Most would want to stop and play, or run into the street.

I'm surprised at the music. It's got a rather snappy beat! :o

Even with the peppy music, it was so boring, repetitive. Just like their lives seem to be. Imma have some Ruce Krispies bars with M&M's and listen to THE RADIO now while I prep an evening meal built around MEAT! Booga booga, Maxies!!!! :P

I was a little concerned about Josh as he seemed like he walked very close to the street, and it didn't seem like Christopher even glanced over at him.

After seeing this video, the video where Sarah, Teri and Steve hawk their products, and the music video where Joseph sang a song for his then fiance' (and showed a little nipple), I'm wondering if this is where Titus 2 is headed. Not showing nipples, but making videos.

Without Uriah around I wonder if Steve will try to sell videos of their presentations. They already have 1 Ton Ramp video classes.

I was a little concerned about Josh as he seemed like he walked very close to the street, and it didn't seem like Christopher even glanced over at him.

After seeing this video, the video where Sarah, Teri and Steve hawk their products, and the music video where Joseph sang a song for his then fiance' (and showed a little nipple), I'm wondering if this is where Titus 2 is headed. Not showing nipples, but making videos.

Without Uriah around I wonder if Steve will try to sell videos of their presentations. They already have 1 Ton Ramp video classes.

I literally LOLd in a silent library at the thought of a Maxwells Gone Wild video. Steve shooting Pepsi at Teri to "show off the goods," Joseph's prominent nipples...it makes me gag and laugh all at the same time.

Maybe I'm a jaded godless feminist heathen but I don't see how that stupid little video is a example of godly behavior. I see it as an example of poor parental supervision! Who in their right mind lets a toddler play that close to the street? You clearly see vehicles driving by in the video! And don't even get me started on the dangers of operating a lawn mower with an infant in such close proximity to the flying debris coming from underneath the mower!

First, mowing the lawn is boring unless you are on a riding mower. Two, videotaping someone mowing the lawn is boring. Three, allowing your kids to keep "mowing" the sidewalk while you mow the side yard is beyond stupid. He could have been hit by a car before the videotographer across the street got to him.

The Maxwells, and most fundies, really have no concept of what would be interesting to the rest of the world. They keep putting up these boring everyday videos that are not going to excite anyone because this is their version of excitement, not that of normal people.

I never ceased to be amazed at how I am fascinated with how boring the Maxwell's are. It's like a car crash, but the car doesn't crash it just keeps going down a flat, straight stretch of highway with nothing but cornfields on either side.

Maybe I'm a jaded godless feminist heathen but I don't see how that stupid little video is a example of godly behavior. I see it as an example of poor parental supervision! Who in their right mind lets a toddler play that close to the street? You clearly see vehicles driving by in the video! And don't even get me started on the dangers of operating a lawn mower with an infant in such close proximity to the flying debris coming from underneath the mower!

That's because I I imagine, like most (sane) ppl, you don't appreciate the same parenting goals as Christians do. Most Westerners want to bring up their children to be self sufficient individuals who a capable of critical thought. Squelching curiosity out of a toddler isn't considered a good thing for such heathens.

The Maxwells and their ilk consider themselves to be succsssful parents only whrn they have produced drones too broken to participate in any individual thought. Behaviours most ppl consider to be developmentally normal are considered to be challenges (at best) or outright sin (at worst).

ChrisMax thinks that the fact that he has squashed the normal nearly-three yo behaviour out of his toddler to be an endorsement for 'Christian' parenting.

I get the lesson they were trying to convey, but that video does not show it. They aren't working together. Joshua is off on his own, and Ruthanne can't is so packed up she likely can't see what is going on.

If they had a video of Chris working in the garden with them, and the kids were actively participating in planting, weeding and watering, it would make a lot more sense.

Then again, I think a lot of parents do that stuff already.

I get the lesson they were trying to convey, but that video does not show it. They aren't working together. Joshua is off on his own, and Ruthanne can't is so packed up she likely can't see what is going on.

If they had a video of Chris working in the garden with them, and the kids were actively participating in planting, weeding and watering, it would make a lot more sense.

Then again, I think a lot of parents do that stuff already.

It's the only way the Maxwell kids know how to operate, though. Same room, same activity, nowhere near each other mentally. None of them seem to have exceptionally close bonds; they're merely a group of people forced to live in the same house, eat at the same table, and stand in the same picture together.

But God was watching him.

Crazy ass people. How can you trust a toddler bear the street? :(

I was surprised that I couldn't see a difference before and after the lawn mower passed over the lawn. Did he re-mow a freshly mowed lawn for this video?

I was surprised that I couldn't see a difference before and after the lawn mower passed over the lawn. Did he re-mow a freshly mowed lawn for this video?

I noticed that too. Maybe the mower is just a full-sized version of Joshua's toy mower? :lol:

Your idea is much more likely -- after the lawn was mowed, someone got the idea to video it. So they re-did it! :roll:

I'm sure mowing the lawn is on the schedule, like everything else in Maxhell. Doesn't matter if it needs it, if the schedule says "Mow the lawn on Saturday at noon," then the lawn gets mowed Saturday at noon.

Perhaps it was all done so Sarah's illustrator could use Chris as an live example for Sarah's next book "Mowing with the Moodys".

OK I zoomed in on the video and saw the house # is 1416. Chris bought the old Maxwell adobe on Santa Fe St, I think that house # was 1504. Is that yard he is mowing actually his or Gigi's? She lives next door to him.

It's the only way the Maxwell kids know how to operate, though. Same room, same activity, nowhere near each other mentally. None of them seem to have exceptionally close bonds; they're merely a group of people forced to live in the same house, eat at the same table, and stand in the same picture together.

Stay tuned for a post - maybe even a video - of the Moodys, err Maxwells being close to each other; but, of course, not closer to one another than each persons personal connection to Christ.

Of course, Steve never reads heathen stuff like FJ, so it's totally okay for me to post this... :obscene-buttmoon:

Chris Maxwell mows the lawn? That's just the most boring thing ever.

Whats next? Sarah washes the dishes? Nathan eats a sandwich? John dusts the ceiling fans? Mary takes a shit?

Your life is not interesting to anyone!

You have really hit the nail on the head with that thought. So often Sarah writes about how they got to spend special family time together and we here on FJ snark that they spend 24/7 together so how is it special? Maybe the special family time is when they actually talk to each other. Maybe most of the time they spend together-- hiking, working out in the basement, dusting ceiling fans-- is time spent in silence with their own thoughts-- as if they were all Carmelite Nuns and Friars.

If the parents are really retiring, and once they sell their current stock of self published books, they are done, what then for the kids? If the houses are paid for and Dad has enough to pay everyone's property taxes, the menfolk may be able to keep the families in scamaritan insurance, bean burritoes and i-phones for years to come on relatively paltry salaries. So they become a breeder version of the Ardnts, making pointless videos, writing books that will never be finished or read and going caroling once a years?

Or will they escape as missionaries out of the country?

If the parents are really retiring, and once they sell their current stock of self published books, they are done, what then for the kids? If the houses are paid for and Dad has enough to pay everyone's property taxes, the menfolk may be able to keep the families in scamaritan insurance, bean burritoes and i-phones for years to come on relatively paltry salaries. So they become a breeder version of the Ardnts, making pointless videos, writing books that will never be finished or read and going caroling once a years?

Or will they escape as missionaries out of the country?

Do you mean Steve and Teri escape as missionaries? NEVER. That would cause Stevehovah to give up control of his cult, and he would never allow that.

Next up: the Maxwells watch paint dry.

The prequel: Maxwells have a family meeting, including prayer and a fast, to choose the perfect shade of beige paint for the kitchen cabinets.

Do you mean Steve and Teri escape as missionaries? NEVER. That would cause Stevehovah to give up control of his cult, and he would never allow that.

I was thinking one or more of the kids going on ever longer mission trips....

Archived