IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

I cant figure out how to screen shot in the sims 4 and access them. does anyone here know how to?

And i am not sure if kissing will work before dating i will try it soon, one of my kids is about to be age up to a teenager.

I figured out how to access the screen shots. Here's my family and house. I randomised the parents names and they were Brenda and Hudson. Then I decided to go with H for the letter theme. Hailey, Harlow, Hayden, Hannah and Heidi and she is pregnant with number 6. The husband was at work when i took the screenshot.

post-12194-14452000130711_thumb.png

post-12194-14452000130506_thumb.png

post-12194-14452000130296_thumb.png

post-12194-1445200013008_thumb.png

Okay, I started this with a few caveats - 1) I'm doing this with Sims 2 because I refuse to download Sims 4 on principle, 2) I'm not sticking to the hairstyle rule because otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, so "conservative" will be my only rule, 3) I kind of went ahead and built them a TTH on a couple of motherlodes because I'm an impatient bastard. (It's pretty basic though - walls, floors, and whatever furniture is needed for living. And of course some of those craft tables for the $$.)

Fun before points, you guys, fun before points.

Here are the Flynns. Ringo and Rhonda are the parents, and so far they have Rebekah and Ralph, with another on the way.

snapshot_023eeb65_22459942_zps0laucif8.jpg

1) Sims 2 for life!

2) lmfao

3) lmfao

What's the stance on adoption? Do points remain the same or do you dock points or what?

You get bragging rights with other Sims ("Brag/Boast" frequently) but you have to treat the child completely differently from the rest.

But you have to make sure to pray on it for a few years first. Is there a Sim option similar to prayer?

[emoji23]

You get bragging rights with other Sims ("Brag/Boast" frequently) but you have to treat the child completely differently from the rest.

But you have to make sure to pray on it for a few years first. Is there a Sim option similar to prayer?

[emoji23]

In The Sims 2, there's meditation. And yoga. And a boatload of religious-themed custom content. I have a plumb bob my sims can pray in front of, but I haven't tried it.

In The Sims 2, there's meditation. And yoga. And a boatload of religious-themed custom content. I have a plumb bob my sims can pray in front of, but I haven't tried it.

The Celebration theme pack also has a menorah, a kinara, and various Christmas things, though nothing explicitly Christian like a cross or anything. Once I did make a megachurch with a table as altar, some benches, a wedding arch, and a sweet rock band. My pastor charged out the nose for entry and saved all the neighbourhood hookers (why I had a house of hookers I no longer remember).

Anyway, the Flynns. They make all their money from crafting, rather than having real jobs (especially by restoring old cars). I even used a homeschooling hack to keep the kids at home, so they just skill up instead of doing homework or whatever. So far there are six:

snapshot_023eeb65_a24832b2_zpsvc51h4ss.jpg

From left: Reagan (#4), Ringo (dad), Rosielynn (#5), Rhonda (mom), Regina (#3), Rebekah (#1, Sister-Mom-in-Chief), and Ralph (#2) holding Ricki (#6). And yes, that's five girls and one boy.

Two of the kids so far have elf ears, so I've decided that they have magic powers and will turn them into witches/warlocks when the time comes.

Here's their kitchen/school:

snapshot_023eeb65_a2457db6_zpsxgd9ptfz.jpg

More kitchen/dining + crafting area:

snapshot_023eeb65_22457de5_zpshbxzzgru.jpg

Living:

snapshot_023eeb65_02457df5_zpsn95c29ki.jpg

And boy/girl rooms (pre-kids). See if you can tell which is which!

snapshot_023eeb65_a2457dec_zps8nqftoes.jpg

Sooner or later I'll send the eldest two out to build their own homes, but for now the house is full. This is "infertility" which will probably be blamed on the kids for their "sin".

The Celebration theme pack also has a menorah, a kinara, and various Christmas things, though nothing explicitly Christian like a cross or anything. Once I did make a megachurch with a table as altar, some benches, a wedding arch, and a sweet rock band. My pastor charged out the nose for entry and saved all the neighbourhood hookers (why I had a house of hookers I no longer remember).

Anyway, the Flynns. They make all their money from crafting, rather than having real jobs (especially by restoring old cars). I even used a homeschooling hack to keep the kids at home, so they just skill up instead of doing homework or whatever. So far there are six:

snapshot_023eeb65_a24832b2_zpsvc51h4ss.jpg

From left: Reagan (#4), Ringo (dad), Rosielynn (#5), Rhonda (mom), Regina (#3), Rebekah (#1, Sister-Mom-in-Chief), and Ralph (#2) holding Ricki (#6). And yes, that's five girls and one boy.

Two of the kids so far have elf ears, so I've decided that they have magic powers and will turn them into witches/warlocks when the time comes.

Here's their kitchen/school:

snapshot_023eeb65_a2457db6_zpsxgd9ptfz.jpg

More kitchen/dining + crafting area:

snapshot_023eeb65_22457de5_zpshbxzzgru.jpg

Living:

snapshot_023eeb65_02457df5_zpsn95c29ki.jpg

And boy/girl rooms (pre-kids). See if you can tell which is which!

snapshot_023eeb65_a2457dec_zps8nqftoes.jpg

Sooner or later I'll send the eldest two out to build their own homes, but for now the house is full. This is "infertility" which will probably be blamed on the kids for their "sin".

Sounds like you haven't fixed the broken face templates. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i ... 028.0.html

Here's a hack to allow more than 8 sims in a household: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139

Links not broken because they won't care if a bunch of Free Jingers start showing up.

Broken face template? What's that? Does it mean I'll lose my cool elf ears? Haha.

Sounds like you haven't fixed the broken face templates. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i ... 028.0.html

Here's a hack to allow more than 8 sims in a household: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139

Links not broken because they won't care if a bunch of Free Jingers start showing up.

And with that I got sucked into the world of Mods and stuff for the Sims. Entirely new for me.

I started but already realized it wasn't going to happen. Since I'm playing with the Sims2; I believe my Sims will age too fast for them to have kids growing up, kicking them out at university stage and then have more kids. I'll never make to 19, unless I use twins/triplets/quads mods. That many babies at once do not sound like fun at all (IRL or in-game :lol: )

So I now have a larger-family mod and a age-doubling mod. Let's try again :D

Edit: *Just installed those mods though, have to see and find out if I did it correctly to make them work ;) :dance:

And with that I got sucked into the world of Mods and stuff for the Sims. Entirely new for me.

I started but already realized it wasn't going to happen. Since I'm playing with the Sims2; I believe my Sims will age too fast for them to have kids growing up, kicking them out at university stage and then have more kids. I'll never make to 19, unless I use twins/triplets/quads mods. That many babies at once do not sound like fun at all (IRL or in-game :lol: )

So I now have a larger-family mod and a age-doubling mod. Let's try again :D

Edit: *Just installed those mods though, have to see and find out if I did it correctly to make them work ;) :dance:

i play TS2 like it's my job and my game is hacked to the gills--I'm pretty knowledgeable in this area. :embarrassed: Did you make a new family, or just continue with the current one? Aging hacks will take effect in existing sims at the next age transition, which may or may not screw up everybody's ages in relation to each other.

Broken faces are passed on to the next generation, even after you install the fix. :(

I made JB & M sims once, but I lost interest before they had many kids. I play prosperity style, which takes a long time. Too long, in fact. :lol:

Well, I didn't use anything to fix broken templates, because I didn't know what to do with that :? And I didn't think it would matter any way (?), I play the game on the lowest res.

But I did first download some pre-made celebrity Sims, that made me confident to know what I was doing. 8-)

After that I got a bunch hair-templates, curly and long.

Then this morning I started playing a family for this challenge.

And just this afternoon I installed two mods, aging time is doubled up and I can have up to 50 Sims in a house. I might just only use that last one for this challenge and then get rid of it, I just did a testrun, had 8 adults. 1 pregnant and adopted one, so it's working. But it slowed my game down a lot.

The age mod had a description saying it won't work for any existing Sims, only for newly created, born or adopted ones.

So I'm going to have to start over. Bit sad, I was already attached to the family I had (3 kids and #4 on the way). They were both red-heads and the woman had custom pink eyes, it made for cute kids. :whistle:

But it isn't that bad, I'm okay with starting over. I'd rather not make anymore changes, it was already hard enough for me, all the explanations are found in English, but I'm Dutch and so is my game :)

But after all that technical stuff, it might take me a day or two to go and find how I place pictures here ;)

By the way; is making them rich considered cheating for this challenge? :mrgreen:

What's the status on using cheats in general? Personally I would find this near impossible to pull off without being able to age up kids via cheats/birthday cake and the fountain of youth potion in rewards for the parents.

I have Sims 3 (I refuse to get Sims 4) and I have a Quiverfull family, the Wackers. Parents are Bobby Joe and Holly, and so far they have four children: Barry, Carrie, Gary, and Mary, and another on the way! :P

Bobby Joe makes money for the family by collecting and selling gems and metals that he finds around town. He also occasionally does home appliance repair for other people in town (it's a mod). I started Bobby Joe and Holly off in a pre-made two bedroom, one bath rambler, and I've been expanding the house as the family gets larger.

I have tons of mods and custom content for my game, including mods that allow oversized families and homeschooling. For anyone who has Sims 3 and wants to make a Quiverfull family, I highly recommend investing in the walker and playpen from the Sims 3 store, which will teach toddlers how to walk and talk without any parental involvement.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can follow the Wackers' fundie journey here:

http://myquiverfullsims.tumblr.com/

I write all of my tumblr posts in advance and have them auto-post twice a day. Stay tuned this week to see the birth of blessing #5! :popcorn2:

• Upvote 4

I have Sims 3 (I refuse to get Sims 4) and I have a Quiverfull family, the Wackers. Parents are Bobby Joe and Holly, and so far they have four children: Barry, Carrie, Gary, and Mary, and another on the way! :P

Bobby Joe makes money for the family by collecting and selling gems and metals that he finds around town. He also occasionally does home appliance repair for other people in town (it's a mod). I started Bobby Joe and Holly off in a pre-made two bedroom, one bath rambler, and I've been expanding the house as the family gets larger.

I have tons of mods and custom content for my game, including mods that allow oversized families and homeschooling. For anyone who has Sims 3 and wants to make a Quiverfull family, I highly recommend investing in the walker and playpen from the Sims 3 store, which will teach toddlers how to walk and talk without any parental involvement.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can follow the Wackers' fundie journey here:

I write all of my tumblr posts in advance and have them auto-post twice a day. Stay tuned this week to see the birth of blessing #5! :popcorn2:

The tumblr is hilarious and really makes me want to join in but I don't have much time. Is there a way to make a custom aspiration/life path in Sims 3? I think I have 3. Why doesn't anyone like 4? It looked sweet in the previews

I followed you, even though I'm on hiatus. How many followers do you have? Are you active in the community? My simblr is irreligious because I'm worried about ruffling feathers (I know that's ridiculous, but I worry about it anyway). I am tempted to start a QF prosperity hood now. Thank you for your precious encouragement, fundie_fanemy. :pray:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Now I want a Tumblr :doh: :lol:

I went ahead and made them very rich. Last night I build them a giant house. Today I'm going to furnish it and start again.

Might actually start a Tumblr to not overflow FJ with pics. :D

I liked looking at yours Fundy_Fanemy :)

So, I got the Get To Work expansion pack for Sims 4, and you can own your own business, so guess what my fundie Sim husband does?

Now I want a Tumblr :doh: [emoji38]

I went ahead and made them very rich. Last night I build them a giant house. Today I'm going to furnish it and start again.

Looks like God (you) blessed them with TLC money.

The tumblr is hilarious and really makes me want to join in but I don't have much time. Is there a way to make a custom aspiration/life path in Sims 3? I think I have 3. Why doesn't anyone like 4? It looked sweet in the previews

Sims 3 has various "Lifetime Wishes" that you can choose from for Sims young adult and older. My Sims Bobby Joe and Holly both have the "Surrounded by Family" lifetime wish, which is to raise at least five children from babies to teenagers. Sims also have personality traits, up to five traits for young adults and older, four for teens, three for children, and two for babies and toddlers.

I refuse to get Sims 4 mainly because it got rid of the toddler life stage, which is one of my favorites. The toddlers are so cute, plus what fun is a Quiverfull family without toddlers running around and screaming? Also, I really enjoy the open world of Sims 3, which Sims 4 also got rid of.

I followed you, even though I'm on hiatus. How many followers do you have? Are you active in the community? My simblr is irreligious because I'm worried about ruffling feathers (I know that's ridiculous, but I worry about it anyway). I am tempted to start a QF prosperity hood now. Thank you for your precious encouragement, fundie_fanemy. :pray:

Thanks for following! I followed you back. Not many people read my tumblr, mostly just a few people I know irl. I mainly made the tumblr for myself, to document and keep track of my fundies sims' journey. :)

I also enjoy following various fundie-related tumblrs, like duggarandbatesconfessions and wtffundiefamilies, though I'm not very active in the tumblr community outside my own blog.

Now I want a Tumblr :doh: :lol:

Thanks! You should consider documenting your Sims on tumblr, Wordpress, or elsewhere. However you decide to tell us your Sims' story, I look forward to reading it. :)

I decided not to use money cheats or inheritance with the Wackers because I wanted the family to experience the poverty and hardship that typical, non-Duggar Quiverfull families face. So I was pretty surprised when Bobby Joe made almost $20,000 instantly by digging through someone's trash! I was thinking he might only find something worth at most a few hundred Simoleons! Now the gem and metal collecting business is going quite well and the family doesn't worry about money so much, so no more dumpster diving for now.

I definitely recommend the use of reputable mods and custom content. Mods really open up the possibilities of the game. At the very bottom of my tumblr I have a list of Sims 3 mods that I use in my game.

Sims 3 has various "Lifetime Wishes" that you can choose from for Sims young adult and older. My Sims Bobby Joe and Holly both have the "Surrounded by Family" lifetime wish, which is to raise at least five children from babies to teenagers. Sims also have personality traits, up to five traits for young adults and older, four for teens, three for children, and two for babies and toddlers.

I refuse to get Sims 4 mainly because it got rid of the toddler life stage, which is one of my favorites. The toddlers are so cute, plus what fun is a Quiverfull family without toddlers running around and screaming? Also, I really enjoy the open world of Sims 3, which Sims 4 also got rid of.

Thanks for following! I followed you back. Not many people read my tumblr, mostly just a few people I know irl. I mainly made the tumblr for myself, to document and keep track of my fundies sims' journey. :)

I also enjoy following various fundie-related tumblrs, like duggarandbatesconfessions and wtffundiefamilies, though I'm not very active in the tumblr community outside my own blog.

Thanks! You should consider documenting your Sims on tumblr, Wordpress, or elsewhere. However you decide to tell us your Sims' story, I look forward to reading it. :)

I decided not to use money cheats or inheritance with the Wackers because I wanted the family to experience the poverty and hardship that typical, non-Duggar Quiverfull families face. So I was pretty surprised when Bobby Joe made almost $20,000 instantly by digging through someone's trash! I was thinking he might only find something worth at most a few hundred Simoleons! Now the gem and metal collecting business is going quite well and the family doesn't worry about money so much, so no more dumpster diving for now.

I definitely recommend the use of reputable mods and custom content. Mods really open up the possibilities of the game. At the very bottom of my tumblr I have a list of Sims 3 mods that I use in my game.

I love the open world and the toddlers. Maybe they bring that back in Sims 5 haha

I started my own fundie family. The father figure has aspirations I riches (like Jimboob) and the mother is family focused of course.

I haven't found out yet how to post pictures. But the photos I've taken are all very small (in the subfolder). When I zoom in they become pixelated. Anyone know what to do with that? (Again, I'm playing Sims 2)

So, no, pictures; still a little update: Currently I have mom, dad, 3 children, 2 toddlers and twin babies. But they are all daughters :shock: The game won't let me have any boys. I want boys!

I'm still in the stage of figuring out The Sims 2 and the different sets/types of mods I can add to it. I keep discovering new mods as I play along, thinking that maybe this or that would be nice/handy. :lol:

So either way, I'm gonna do the challenge properly sometime :D

I haven't found out yet how to post pictures. But the photos I've taken are all very small (in the subfolder). When I zoom in they become pixelated. Anyone know what to do with that? (Again, I'm playing Sims 2)

So, no, pictures; still a little update: Currently I have mom, dad, 3 children, 2 toddlers and twin babies. But they are all daughters :shock: The game won't let me have any boys. I want boys!

I'm still in the stage of figuring out The Sims 2 and the different sets/types of mods I can add to it. I keep discovering new mods as I play along, thinking that maybe this or that would be nice/handy. :lol:

So either way, I'm gonna do the challenge properly sometime :D

Download Gadwin or Fraps. They're both free screen-capturing programs; I actually have both, but prefer Gadwin. I've seen many simmers complain that they can't get Gadwin to work for them, but it works for me. At one point it stopped working and I moved over to Fraps, but then Gadwin started working again; I don't even know. I like Gadwin because it makes a reassuring shutter-click sound, so I know it's getting the shot. It has other features I haven't explored much--popular simmer Skell talked about her Gadwin situation here: skellington7d.livejournal.com/42979.html Glancing at this blog entry, she specifies that she uses Windows 7, but so do I, so I still don't know why Gadwin works for some people and not others.

The Sims 2 is an awesome game, but it's finicky and fragile. Backup your Neighborhoods folder often, so that if something breaks you won't have to start over. Save all of your back ups, because sometimes you won't notice a problem until quite some play-time has passed.

I think I'll play Widespot as if quiverfull is the law of the land, but I'm still thinking about what that would look like.

Gadwin keeps making a screenshot of my desktop even though I'm in game :?

It's too late for me now, I'm going to bed, I'll try to figure it out tomorrow :think:

Thanks Halcionne!