IGNORED

Sims 4 Duggar Legacy

raw

Hi everyone first time posting have been lurking for a long time :D

I just had a thought to create a Duggar Legacy on sims 4. If anyone plays Sims 4 and would be interested in helping me make one that would be great :)

Also not sure where to post this, so i am hoping this is the right place.

This is what I have so far:

The Sims 4 Duggacy: Duggar Legacy

Objective: Parents must have 19 children before they die.

Family rules:

General:

- All children must have the same first initial

- Every family member must a family aspiration and be family orientated

- Children, teens, young adults cannot have access to computer except for building skills until they are courting

Courting:

- No dating aloud until they are courting “ask to be girlfriend/boyfriendâ€

- No holding hands or being alone together until engaged – must have a chaperone

Engagement:

- No kissing, making out or woo-hoo before marriage

Marriage:

- Once married you must not use any protection whilst woo-hooing, only try for baby

Attire for females:

- Hair must be long, curly and wavy

- All women must wear knee length or longer skirts at all times

Attire for men:

- Must wear pants at all times

- Must always wear a shirt

General attire:

- Someone who marries into the family must change their attire to the Duggar standards if moving into the legacy home

- No clothing with logos

- No tattered or distressed clothes

Goals Points

Give birth to one child +1

Give birth to twins +4

Give birth to triplets +6

Child enters courtship +1

Child gets engaged +1

Child gets married +1

Male child reaches top of career +10

Kick child out to make room for more children +1

• Upvote 1

I've just started this, but I've only made the couple and started building their house, so I'll upload screenshots when I have the chance to play them a bit. (They all have the initials RF, because I love associating them with a demonic villain from a secular author's oeuvre.)

Family rules:

Courting:

Goals Points

Give birth to twins +4

Give birth to triplets +6

This sounds like fun. I'm going to try this. I just wish I'd found your post before the twinning/triplet glitch my game has right now. Also, is it really possible for them to become boyfriend/girlfriend without a kiss? I've been playing the Sims franchise from the beginning and have never gotten sims together without at least kissing first. That's interesting if you really can do "courting".

Okay, I started this with a few caveats - 1) I'm doing this with Sims 2 because I refuse to download Sims 4 on principle, 2) I'm not sticking to the hairstyle rule because otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, so "conservative" will be my only rule, 3) I kind of went ahead and built them a TTH on a couple of motherlodes because I'm an impatient bastard. (It's pretty basic though - walls, floors, and whatever furniture is needed for living. And of course some of those craft tables for the $$.)

Fun before points, you guys, fun before points.

Here are the Flynns. Ringo and Rhonda are the parents, and so far they have Rebekah and Ralph, with another on the way.

snapshot_023eeb65_22459942_zps0laucif8.jpg

• Upvote 1

Okay, I started this with a few caveats - 1) I'm doing this with Sims 2 because I refuse to download Sims 4 on principle, 2) I'm not sticking to the hairstyle rule because otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, so "conservative" will be my only rule, 3) I kind of went ahead and built them a TTH on a couple of motherlodes because I'm an impatient bastard. (It's pretty basic though - walls, floors, and whatever furniture is needed for living. And of course some of those craft tables for the $$.)

Fun before points, you guys, fun before points.

Here are the Flynns. Ringo and Rhonda are the parents, and so far they have Rebekah and Ralph, with another on the way.

snapshot_023eeb65_22459942_zps0laucif8.jpg

Kind of off topic: I've never played The Sims 2, only 1, 3 and 4.

I don't like 1 anymore, 3 and 4 slow down the computer too much. Is it worth trying out 2?

I don't like 1 anymore, 3 and 4 slow down the computer too much. Is it worth trying out 2?

OMG, Sims 2 was awesome! I felt like the expressions in Sims 3 were lackluster after playing Sims 2. Sims 3 was more focused on realism whereas Sims 2 was focused on character/goofy actions/funny interactions. It was very lively, even if they were just talking, and it was animated a bit better, imo.

When Sims 4 was first advertised with emotions, I got so excited and was like, "OMG, they're bringing back the life/energy from Sims 2", but then they disappointed with less color options than Sims 2 and the same amount of loading screens, which I thought we were past by now.

Sims 2 was also very focused on family. These sims had memories and could have breakdowns related to the bad memories or aspirations failing. The babies grew to toddlers (unlike in 4), and you had cute bathing interactions along with changing tables.

After all the expansions, Sims 2 definitely had a lot more interactions, such as hang out on the ground or play hackey sack, etc. They also had interesting free will actions, such as writing in a diary and trying to hide it if someone came in the room, or rudely giving the "your crazy/loco" sign to sims who would talk to themselves during breakdowns.

And the social bunny.... if nothing else, get it for the social bunny because he's more awesome than the tragic clown!!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Sims 3 was more customizable in-game, and the open neighbourhood could be fun, but the Sims 2 remains my favourite. Better animation, more random quirks, just more fun in general!

Yeah, Sims 3 was more customizable in-game, and the open neighbourhood could be fun, but the Sims 2 remains my favourite. Better animation, more random quirks, just more fun in general!

Yes! It's kinda like comparing Sims 3 Stepford Wives :) :) :) :) :) to Sims 2 lively Marjorie-ish/smilie-ish animations :o :cray-cray: :roll: :evil-eye: :x :cracking-up:. The personalities/quirks were so much more fun!

Okay, you convinced me.

I know what I'll be doing today :D

Wait until you meet the Social Bunny!!! :lol: 8-)

TBH, Sims 2 was my favorite one. I don't mind 4, but some of the directions they went in baffle me. I'm hoping that it improves as they release expansion packs.

Also, Tragic Clown was the stuff of my childhood nightmares.

*tosses two cents in the ring*

OMG 2 is the best. It's the only one I play. I've heard people who start on 3 don't like 2, though. I started on 1, but I don't remember it much.

OMG, Sims 2 was awesome! I felt like the expressions in Sims 3 were lackluster after playing Sims 2. Sims 3 was more focused on realism whereas Sims 2 was focused on character/goofy actions/funny interactions. It was very lively, even if they were just talking, and it was animated a bit better, imo.

When Sims 4 was first advertised with emotions, I got so excited and was like, "OMG, they're bringing back the life/energy from Sims 2", but then they disappointed with less color options than Sims 2 and the same amount of loading screens, which I thought we were past by now.

Sims 2 was also very focused on family. These sims had memories and could have breakdowns related to the bad memories or aspirations failing. The babies grew to toddlers (unlike in 4), and you had cute bathing interactions along with changing tables.

After all the expansions, Sims 2 definitely had a lot more interactions, such as hang out on the ground or play hackey sack, etc. They also had interesting free will actions, such as writing in a diary and trying to hide it if someone came in the room, or rudely giving the "your crazy/loco" sign to sims who would talk to themselves during breakdowns.

And the social bunny.... if nothing else, get it for the social bunny because he's more awesome than the tragic clown!!

I love this review! I never even bothered with 3 or 4; I'm such a diehard TS2 player. It's nice to see them compared and contrasted by someone who's played them all.

I love this review! I never even bothered with 3 or 4; I'm such a diehard TS2 player. It's nice to see them compared and contrasted by someone who's played them all.

Thanks! :D It's one of my favorites too!! I really want to play it right now, but I don't currently have enough hard drive space XD

I do like Sims 3, but I think the intensity of the games graphic blew my computer (which I had Sims 2 on also) because even though it met the spec requirements, it would overheat in the character creator and my video card blew eventually. It ran fine later on my husband's computer. I love the customization of it, though. I hate that they relegated us to a few drab pre-made colors for Sims 4 (Sims 2 gave us color, Sims 4 gives us beige). And imo, the Sims 4 fits between Sims 1 and Sims 2 as far as gameplay. I am the least interested in this series, which is sad because I had high hopes for it. Limited customization, one less life stage, loading screens, limited town size. I don't know what they are thinking anymore. I think Sims 2 was definitely the pinnacle of their creativity and lack of greed. Sims 2 would count and brag about how many new options we would have with each expansion, and they had a reason to be proud of each new addition. Now they want us to buy all these things separately to nickel and dime us :roll: .

Sims 4 was easily the worst - it took away all the features that made 3 fun, without adding anything to compensate. I got a two-day trial from Origin and was definitely not going to purchase it, even at a heavy discount (they know it's bad, too, I guess). So I'm happy with 2 and the occasional play on 3. Maybe I should go back to 1...

Sims 2 also had the Grilled Cheese aspiration. Which could be fun sometimes.

I play Sims 3 now since I don't have 2 on this computer, but I'm kind of missing 2 at the moment. I've heard enough about Sims 4 to know that I don't want it.

I loved Sim Original, Sims 2 grew on me and then I got Sims 3 and by the time I was fully engrossed and addicted my high-end computer had some issues (the operator should NOT drink and game at the same time) and I haven't bothered to download yet on my lower to mid level replacement. Probably not going to try for Sims 4. I really don't have the time, but it's so fun.

So, I've made a couple and moved them in. Took me all day to get all of the Sims 2 installed yesterday...

As soon as I find out how to place screenshots I will ;)

So this is what i ended up making. Feel free to add suggestions or what I should change. I have made this on a word document so hope it copies and pastes ok. ill put some photos up of my family in a minute when my game loads. Hope the attachments work because i have never done them before :P

The Sims 4 Duggacy: Duggar Legacy

Objective: Parents must have 19 children before they die.

Family rules:

General/ before courtship:

- All children must have the same first initial

- Every family member must a family aspiration and be family orientated

- Women can have a job as a babysitter, write a book, or be a doctor until they begin courting

- Every child must learn to play an instrument

Technology:

- Children, teens, young adults cannot have access to computer except for building skills until they are courting

- Can only listen to classical music

- No tvs

Courting:

- No holding hands or being alone together until engaged – must have a chaperone

Engagement:

- No kissing, making out or woo-hoo before marriage

Marriage:

- Once married you must not use any protection whilst woo-hooing, only try for baby

Attire for females:

- Hair must be long, curly and wavy

- All women must wear knee length or longer skirts at all times

Attire for men:

- Must wear pants at all times

- Must always wear a shirt (I read somewhere that Duggar males can’t wear shorts and can’t take their shirts off – even when swimming, is this true? )

General attire:

- Someone who marries into the family must change their attire to the Duggar standards if moving into the legacy home

- No clothing with logos

- No tattered or distressed clothes

post-12194-14452000129415_thumb.png

post-12194-14452000129828_thumb.png

post-12194-14452000129028_thumb.png