IGNORED

Stephen and Cher Lair - 7th kid is a girl!

BrownieMomma

Just saw this....

aol.com/article/2015/04/09/mom-of-six-boys-goes-wild-when-she-learns-shes-pregnant-with-a/21163110/

APEX, N.C. - A North Carolina mother of 6 boys was so excited to learn she was pregnant with a girl that she fell to the floor during her gender reveal party. Now, a video of her priceless reaction is going viral with more than 100,000 views and counting.

Cher Lair and her husband Stephen told WTVD that they had given up on ever having a daughter.

"Initially, on baby three and four I'm thinking, 'They'll be a girl at some point. They can't all be boys.' But after four and five and six, you're kind of thinking, 'Yeah, they can,'" she said.

According to WTVD, the couple hasn't picked out a name for the baby yet. Lair's due date is in August.

Trendy haircut. Pants. Dramatic overreaction as the camera runs. Fundie lite?

I really hope the Lairs knew what they were doing when they gave out their info. A few simple google searches provides a wealth of personal info.

The kids look like stairsteps, and they homeschool.

Her pinterest -

pinterest.com/shagwash/

His job -

homeinsteadchapelhill.blogspot.com/2015/04/easter-among-other-days.html

Facebook -

facebook.com/stephen.lair.1

facebook.com/cher.lair?pnref=story

Other links gave home address. Kinda scares me how easily this was done.

Yes i saw that video, i would feel a bit unwanted too. I dont think shes fundie, maybe just your average southerner mom.

I thought the video was rather ridiculous, I mean she's not a kid, and throwing herself backward on the floor. If her boys are old enough to realize, that must be at least somewhat hurtful.

The reason I am wondering about them is on her pinterest she says lover of Jesus and her husband, on his company website, delivers a lecture about Jesus. I guess he owns that healthcare, not sure exactly what kind of company.

In the 15 min that video was in a lot of places, some described her as adorable. I don't see anything adorable about that.

I had two boys and then a girl, I know a little of what it's like to wonder about it, be a little amazed, be a little scared at how different it might be, and then got over it.

I taught six kids in a family of seven (missed the oldest one) that had five boys and then twin girls. The older boys remembered when they found out the twins were girls. Their mom was apparently in total disbelief for a bit and then over the moon happy about it. Not a single one of those boys expressed any sense that that meant that they were unloved. One of them wrote about his sisters being born for a writing project I had my sophomores do and expressed how excited the whole family was to finally have girls instead of more boys.

I also have six male cousins in one family. My late aunt would have been so elated had number five or six been a girl (and she had the kind of really big personality that it would have been expressed in quite an over the top fashion as she expressed every emotion in an over the top fashion). And they, indeed, were trying for the sake of maybe having a girl by then. But I know for a fact that the last two boys have no notion that they were unwanted or unloved by either parent because that did not happen.

I don't know. I saw the video and thought she was just incredibly shocked when she learned it was a girl. If I had six boys I'd be expecting blue cake too! I probably wouldn't react how she did, but there would have been a pretty honest reaction from me too (probably something along the lines of, "Holy shit!")

Also possible is what everyone else has mentioned. I do hope her kids didn't feel slighted or unwanted thoug- I'm sure that wasn't her intent.

Yes i saw that video, i would feel a bit unwanted too. I dont think shes fundie, maybe just your average southerner mom.

Thank you people are so quick to judge large family's not all of them are fundie or unhealthy or bad. case by case basis people! There is far to little information to judge their parenting. Her reaction was well cruel but I don't she meant it to be hopefully she'll look back on it differently.

I was a change of life "oops" baby. My oldest two siblings were boys, then the next 4, were girls. So a lot of people were really hoping I would be a boy. When I turned out to be a girl, one of my older brothers dressed me in little over alls, and called me "Johnny". It was a family story that everyone laughed about. It never made me feel that they would rather have had a boy than me. It was just something that was part of the family history. I think in the long run my parents, at least, might have been relieved that they were not having to raise a teenage boy when they were in their sixties.

I noticed when my own children were born, I very much loved the child that I had, but there was also a little feeling of loss about the child I didn't have. To have a girl meant that I didn't have a boy, and vice versa. Has anyone else felt like that? I guess the only way you'd avoid that is by having boy and girl twins.

One of the weirder forums I've looked at was one about people trying to choose the sex of their child. There were people who were extremely disappointed when they didn't get the sex they were hoping for. Some of them have better attitudes about it than others, but I really felt bad for some of those kids.

(The forum is here: ingender.com/forum )

My mom is the youngest of four girls and very soon after she was born her parents had their first boy, and she's always felt that her brother thus got a lot more attention than she did. There are very few pictures of her as a child while there are lots of him, for example.

I really dont dig have a dozen kids to get one gender or the other. I wouldnt say we are quick to judge larger families. sLarge families make up a different dynamic. Then I could conclude 95% of them have a religious affiliation. Some of them are also quick to judge who limit the of kids and child-free folk.

• 1 year later...

My aunt had six boys. Never said she wanted a girl; never acted disappointed. I think, after the third, I'd have been hoping for all boys, since by then I'd have known what to expect.

One of my ex's uncles fathered five daughters.  He said they considered stopping at three, but decided trying again couldn't hurt.  Number five was a surprise, although hearing "It's a girl!" seemed normal to him at that point.

He's pretty proud of how it all turned out.  To paraphrase:  "My girls are real all-around women.  They worked the farm, helped me fix the roof, ran wiring, and crawled under the house to help fix the plumbing.  They can change a tire, change the oil, clean the spark plugs, and a lot of basic car repairs their friends never could do.  They could raise the cattle and chickens, help with butchering, and cook up the meat.  They can prepare a garden, plant it, do soil tests, the works.  

"They all did well at school and had lots of friends.  They knew when to act like ladies, and the rest of the time I never knew who I'd find in the bathroom trying new hairstyles, sewing, baking, or who'd be changing out the fluids in the car/truck or getting ready to go fishing.  Never could get any of them interested in hunting, though.

"They all keep a clean house, are good cooks, and great mothers and wives.  I think their independence scared off a lot of guys, but that's all right.  I've got the best bunch of sons-in-law any man could wish for.  Wouldn't change a thing."

My mom's aunt already had five boys. She delivered her sixth child and the doctor said "it's a boy!" 

She grabbed him on the shoulders/neck and replied "No! It's. A. GIRL!"

......she was wrong. They didn't have a seventh. 

Archived