IGNORED

Andrew Maxwell, HRH.....

Justme

They are going to have to do something. They can't keep 3 unmarried women and expect Drew to "keep" them after they die.

Sure they can! Drew will be a great provider and income producer.

Plus, I'm sure they'll get the same sort of training as Sarah, Anna and Mary, and we all know they are completely capable of providing for themselves and getting jobs if they need to support themselves. I mean, Steve said so, so it must be true.

I don't think any of these pics were chosen because 1) Nathan looks better in them 2) Boys in front.

I think the Maxwells, while subscribing to strict gender roles, actually have more respect for the abilities of the wives and women in the family than most fundies. Women do construction and men cook. There is more equality in that family than in others (everything is relative of course). That is why I don't join in the "Josh is so beloved by Steve because he is a boy". Until recently, Josh was the only boy with three girl cousins, two of whom are significantly older. Josh probably gravitates to granddad's lap because he wants the attention. It was that way with my male cousin who was the only boy of our generation and five years younger than the rest- our grandparents and my mom gave him lots of attention when he young because the he didn't quite fit with an established gang of girls.

The HRH Andrew Maxwell photo of the girls to the side, the parents and HRH apart is just another one in a string of weirdly posed photos.

Here's the latest:

maxwellfamily-425x201.jpg

Look how easily Sarah, Rev.Anna and PHJ* could be cropped out of the photo with no one the wiser.

Why, the remaining four people could easily be captioned, "My sweet little wife Terifying and I with our youngest son and daughter, Jesse and Mary and isn't she a demure and pristine prize, guys?!"

It's especially troubling in a photo from several years back, when Terifying's dad was still alive. Couldnt' find it to post a link, sorry. Grandpa and Gigi are way on the left, in two reclining chairs. A foot or more away from them, are the Maxhellions one and all, arranged in an open semi-circle group as if G&G don't exist, over there to the side. Sooooo easy to crop out the oldsters and still have a great group shot of a gawdly, thriving, umbrella'd family!

It's seriously as if they are too dang cheap to take two different shots - one of the important people (the entire clan, or the marriageable, non-embarrassing children at home, as above) - and then one of the whole group. It would've taken little time at all to arrange everybody around Gigi & Granpa's chairs and had a nice, whole-family shot.

But Maxwells don't think like the rest of us.

BTW, when I saw Nate in person, I wanted to believe he didn't have the slightly crazy eyed look .... but he did.

*PHJ: "Prince Hot John," in flattering imitation of "Prince Hot Ginge (PHG)" over at dlilsted.com, where that's how the blogger Michael K routinely refers to Prince Harry of England. There's yer true HRH of the Maxwells, Steve, not poor li'l Drew nor Joshie! :dance:

The HRH Andrew Maxwell photo of the girls to the side, the parents and HRH apart is just another one in a string of weirdly posed photos.

Here's the latest:

Look how easily Sarah, Rev.Anna and PHJ* could be cropped out of the photo with no one the wiser.

Why, the remaining four people could easily be captioned, "My sweet little wife Terifying and I with our youngest son and daughter, Jesse and Mary and isn't she a demure and pristine prize, guys?!"

It's especially troubling in a photo from several years back, when Terifying's dad was still alive. Couldnt' find it to post a link, sorry. Grandpa and Gigi are way on the left, in two reclining chairs. A foot or more away from them, are the Maxhellions one and all, arranged in an open semi-circle group as if G&G don't exist, over there to the side. Sooooo easy to crop out the oldsters and still have a great group shot of a gawdly, thriving, umbrella'd family!

It's seriously as if they are too dang cheap to take two different shots - one of the important people (the entire clan, or the marriageable, non-embarrassing children at home, as above) - and then one of the whole group. It would've taken little time at all to arrange everybody around Gigi & Granpa's chairs and had a nice, whole-family shot.

BTW, when I saw Nate in person, I wanted to believe he didn't have the slightly crazy eyed look .... but he did.

*PHJ: "Prince Hot John," in flattering imitation of "Prince Hot Ginge (PHG)" over at dlilsted.com, where that's how the blogger Michael K routinely refers to Prince Harry of England. There's yer true HRH of the Maxwells, Steve, not poor li'l Drew nor Joshie! :dance:

Wow, Sarah is really tiny! And am I the only one who thinks that Jesse does not look related to them?

Everyone has their arm around the person next to them, except for Steve and the eternal slave. Poor Sarah, nobody loves her.

Here's the latest:

To the bolded, are they as crazy looking as in most of his pics?

Here's the latest:

Pervish Jezebel that I am, but not only do I agree with John's new nickname (I love Michael K), but does anyone else notice that Jesse's pants appear to be on the tight side? :whistle:

I feel stupid for asking, but what does HRH stand for?

In this case, His Royal Highness.

Everyone has their arm around the person next to them, except for Steve and the eternal slave. Poor Sarah, nobody loves her.

I think it's really telling that Steve and Sarah don't have their arms around each other. In fact it looks like they are trying to keep some distance from each other.

I think it's really telling that Steve and Sarah don't have their arms around each other. In fact it looks like they are trying to keep some distance from each other.

She is the family failure, I guess. But its not even her fault, if Steve had let her marry she could be popping out a quiver full of babies for Jesus by now. I wonder how he justifies Sarah being almost too old to have babies and still being at home. Is there no point in her marrying and she is too far gone for him to even consider it, cause what is a fundie woman if not for her ability to have babies. Will he let Anna and Mary have the same fate?

To the bolded, are they as crazy looking as in most of his pics?

I'm sorry to say they were. I wanted to discover the opposite, but the evidence was right there. Spooky eyes. But he seemed like a good dad and husband, the few minutes I observed.

I'm sorry to say they were. I wanted to discover the opposite, but the evidence was right there. Spooky eyes. But he seemed like a good dad and husband, the few minutes I observed.

I remember someone giving a field report at a conference and saying that one of the little girls came running in during a session yelling "Daddy", and Nate turned around and smiled at her and did not seem annoyed or bothered at all. Was that you, by chance? Those small tidbits are nice to hear.

Huh, well there you go. Cristina seems to have the bulgy eye thing happening too, so maybe it's a genetic thing? I'm glad to hear that he seems like a good dad and husband in real life. I have no doubt that he and Melanie treasure their children after all they've been through to have them.

I remember someone giving a field report at a conference and saying that one of the little girls came running in during a session yelling "Daddy", and Nate turned around and smiled at her and did not seem annoyed or bothered at all. Was that you, by chance? Those small tidbits are nice to hear.

I remember reading that too now that you mention it.

Huh, well there you go. Cristina seems to have the bulgy eye thing happening too, so maybe it's a genetic thing? I'm glad to hear that he seems like a good dad and husband in real life. I have no doubt that he and Melanie treasure their children after all they've been through to have them.

I remember reading that too now that you mention it

That was me. Here's how I remember it. Nathan was in the front row of a section of the audience, and Melanie and the girls were in the back row of the same section. Folding chairs on a level floor, not like an auditorium or anything. From the back, one of the little girls* happily chirped, "Daddy!" even as Steve or another Maxwell were pontificating to the crowd. Nathan turned around, eyes wider than usual. He stared for a couple long seconds (I could've at least counted "two-Mississippi") and then he smiled and it seemed a genuinely warm smile. But I got the distinct impression he was waiting to see if the child would remain quiet or not.

I'm thinking that this was Bethany doing the calling-out, because that same evening they held Abby up to the microphone and she recited one of the Psalms, confidently and without hesitation or mistake (that I recall). It was right before they announced the pregnancy that would produce Christina.

So, yes, he did seem to react well to his little daughter, which made me very relieved and very happy. His eyes look a little crazy, but maybe he's got some kind of condition like Mrs. George Bush The First, where the person looks in a continual state of surprise. Who knows, as they say.

His eyes look a little crazy, but maybe he's got some kind of condition like Mrs. George Bush The First, where the person looks in a continual state of surprise. Who knows, as they say.

She had Grave's Disease, IIRC. I don't think that's the case with Nathan since he was accepted by Scamaritan and it would be considered a pre-existing condition. It's probably just a hereditary thing, although Christina's condition (strabismus maybe?) is a whole other thing and I hope it's being addressed.

Nathan and Melanie MAY have loosened up a bit but unless and until they move away from the compound, it really doesn't matter.

I had a teacher in high school with Graves and her eyes looked really...defined. They stuck out, for lack of a better description. Nathan's eyes don't remind me of her eyes.

Archived