IGNORED

Maxwell's Have a Live Chat

jlbturtle

Anyone else see this on the website. I was looking at something and a box in the corner said "We are here". I clicked on it and it said "Welcome to Titus2 may I help you with something". Have to admit kind of freaked me out! I saw it on the "About page"

Yes, I saw it. It's odd for them. I wonder who is manning it. I'm guessing Joseph, John or Nathan.

Maybe we have found out what Mary's job is now that she has graduated.

There is much clean fun that could come of this:

Tits2: How may we help you?

Me: My husband has forgot to order a pizza. What should I do?

Me: Could you please give me directions to the 1TonRamp? I think I took a wrong turn.

Me: What should we drink for diner tonight, Pepsi or Coke?

Me: Just curious, how does Anna take her coffee?

Me: Why don't the girls were jumpers any more? (I'm dying to know the answer to this one for reals. One blog post, all in jumpers. Next one, they were gone never to be seen again. No explanation to why.)

Maybe we have found out what Mary's job is now that she has graduated.

There is much clean fun that could come of this:

Me: My husband has forgot to order a pizza. What should I do?

Me: Could you please give me directions to the 1TonRamp? I think I took a wrong turn.

Me: What should we drink for diner tonight, Pepsi or Coke?

Me: Just curious, how does Anna take her coffee?

Me: Why don't the girls were jumpers any more? (I'm dying to know the answer to this one for reals. One blog post, all in jumpers. Next one, they were gone never to be seen again. No explanation to why.)

I think they ditched the frumpers because they look like maternity wear.

Mary is supposed to be the fashion maven.

I suspect Steve began seeing bigger name families dress more stylishly and realized it helped their brands. So he graciously allowed the girls some leeway in their clothes.

I suspect Steve began seeing bigger name families dress more stylishly and realized it helped their brands. So he graciously allowed the girls some leeway in their clothes.

Didn't one of the girls once have a unibrow? It miraculously went away at some point, probably for the same reason.

What. OMG would any of you ever dare? The thought of talking to a Maxwell for real when I've been reading their blog for almost 14 years is so surreal.

What. OMG would any of you ever dare? The thought of talking to a Maxwell for real when I've been reading their blog for almost 14 years is so surreal.

Wow, 14 years?!? You've witnessed the light die from Sarah's eyes in real time. I've read the archives, but you must have seen the MOTH boards when they were active. Would you have predicted them being where they are now?

Oh my gosh, no, I never in a million years would've predicted they would wind up where they are now, because they're insane. I found them my senior year in (my 100% secular) college when someone I know mentioned "titus two women" to me. I had never heard of that so the next time I was on the internet I did a yahoo search for Titus 2. Their site came up first and the rest is history. Also it was 2001 and Google hadn't been invented yet.

I was sucked into their blog almost immediately because (a) to me, they were bizarre. I had never even heard of homeschooling or met a fundamentalist Christian before; and (b) Sarah is just a year younger than I am, and I couldn't even fathom her life. I remember back when she was maybe 23 Steve called a family meeting for something or other and she posted to the blog, "He warned us ahead of time that it had nothing to do with matrimony!" She thought a courtship could (and would) be just around the corner at any time. She still had expectations then, and was excited about the future. That's dead now, and Steve and Teri killed it in her on purpose because they think it'll get her to heaven. They're twisted, damaged people.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, well, I tried the Live Chat. The first message is always the same, "Hello! Is there something I can help you with today?" I asked some asinine question about whether or not we should read the Moody books in order because my Homeschool family wanted to read them through the year matching up with the seasons. They told me they were best read in order. This is all very dry.

HOWEVER, when I asked who I was speaking to, it said "Agent 1" which is WEIRD.

Absolutely agree. For Steve, whether it's to impress God or to impress humans, image is all.

Antimony,

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i can't help but think of Maxwell Smart and Agent 99. Are their phones hidden in the heels of their shoes???
hahahahahaha

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, well, I tried the Live Chat. The first message is always the same, "Hello! Is there something I can help you with today?" I asked some asinine question about whether or not we should read the Moody books in order because my Homeschool family wanted to read them through the year matching up with the seasons. They told me they were best read in order. This is all very dry.

HOWEVER, when I asked who I was speaking to, it said "Agent 1" which is WEIRD.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Agent 1? What the ever living fuck is that all about? They are so bizarre. How did that conversation even happen? Did Steve say, "Now, John, I don't ever want you identifying yourself by name to our customers. Call yourself Agent 1. I promise you this is totally normal business practice and not weird."

There's also the possibility it wasn't a Maxwell and they got a free trial from some customer relations livechat service. :P

There's also the possibility it wasn't a Maxwell and they got a free trial from some customer relations livechat service. :P

Makes sense. Or else it's built into the software of that service and no one bothered to change "Agent 1" to the real user's name.

Didn't one of the girls once have a unibrow? It miraculously went away at some point, probably for the same reason.

That was Mary, who, as a child, was...well, let's just say she was not blessed in the looks department. Honestly, I used to fear for that poor little girl, especially when she was around 10 or 11 and got into the awkward years, because she really got the shit-end of the genetic stick.

She's cute now, praises be to the aggressive application of orthodontics and tweezers. But yes, she had a full-on unibrow as a kid.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Damn, I want to play, especially if Live Chat Agent 1 is stud John, but no box has come up on tits2 :cry:

I'm on my iPad at my sisters, but when I get home later on Reserection Sunday I'll try on my laptop.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is a ploy by old Stevie to keep the 'children' occupied and each one is scheduled for a scheduled period of their schedule?

They are using this service: http://www.livechatinc.com

They refer to the users as "agents", so I think it's pretty clear that "Agent 1" is simply how the system identifies people. I think it's smart of them to not use their real names, actually. That way they can have some anonymity and also easily bring in employees (if they ever grow large enough to need them) easily.

Definitely a better approach than emailing back and forth.

I laughed when someone said they were helped by Agent 1, because of this post in the Sarah Maxwell thread:

Reading that link to Stockholm Syndrom, I followed their link to Brainwashing.

Because brainwashing is such an invasive form of influence, it requires the complete isolation and dependency of the subject, which is why you mostly hear of brainwashing occurring in prison camps or totalist cults. The agent (the brainwasher) must have complete control over the target (the brainwashee) so that sleep patterns, eating, using the bathroom and the fulfillment of other basic human needs depend on the will of the agent. In the brainwashing process, the agent systematically breaks down the target's identity to the point that it doesn't work anymore. The agent then replaces it with another set of behaviors, attitudes and beliefs that work in the target's current environment.

Steve Maxwell, thy name is The Agent.

Quite prophetic, by fundiefan, really :lol:

I cannot see Steve allowing that. Free trials are of the devil.

Oh my gosh, no, I never in a million years would've predicted they would wind up where they are now, because they're insane. I found them my senior year in (my 100% secular) college when someone I know mentioned "titus two women" to me. I had never heard of that so the next time I was on the internet I did a yahoo search for Titus 2. Their site came up first and the rest is history. Also it was 2001 and Google hadn't been invented yet.

I was sucked into their blog almost immediately because (a) to me, they were bizarre. I had never even heard of homeschooling or met a fundamentalist Christian before; and (b) Sarah is just a year younger than I am, and I couldn't even fathom her life. I remember back when she was maybe 23 Steve called a family meeting for something or other and she posted to the blog, "He warned us ahead of time that it had nothing to do with matrimony!" She thought a courtship could (and would) be just around the corner at any time. She still had expectations then, and was excited about the future. That's dead now, and Steve and Teri killed it in her on purpose because they think it'll get her to heaven. They're twisted, damaged people.

Wow, and I thought I had been following them for a long time having first discovered them in 2002 or 2003 when I came across a thread about their craziness on another message board.

Did you read the Moms board back then? Because it doesn't entirely surprise me how crazy they've after being a member of that board for awhile.

I was momentarily excited to read that they have a live chat, but then I realized they post their phone number on their website so anyone could just call them should the mood strike.

I cannot see Steve allowing that. Free trials are of the devil.

And how could Steve control the chat if it's not a Maxwell doing the chatting? Why a Free Trial chatter might want to talk about evolution, or Easter egg hunts, or friends outside the family, to their customers!! Who knows?!?

Archived