IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell

Justme

could someone please post a video of sarah so i can check her out? i've been on their blog but don't see any one place for the videos. thanks.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
could someone please post a video of sarah so i can check her out? i've been on their blog but don't see any one place for the videos. thanks.

Recent videos

blog.titus2.com/2015/03/23/announcement-from-titus2/

I don't keep pet fundies (they always make a mess on the carpet - always) but I feel sorry for Sarah. Her life seems so very small. She seems like she has a kind nature and she seems intelligent. Had she been raised in the secular world - she would now be in the prime of her life and had she an educations/marketable skills - she would have interesting options. Instead she documents the life accomplishments of her brothers and father and markets her sisters for marriage.

I wonder this about Sarah: Mental illness can run in families and with Terri's history of depression and Steve's apparent obsessive compulsive tendencies - I wonder if Sarah has issues with depression. Issues with depression would certainly explain why (to me) she often seems sad or lost or has an air of desperation. It may be that she is just too mentally fragile to consider an independent life or a married life. I can't see Steve ever allowing her access to antidepressants or medial therapy or even secular counselling. So I suspect she just suffers and unlike Terri she can't even take to her bed because they have a financial stake in promoting their lifestyle in 'curing' Terri's depression issues.

All in all just sad and I hope very much I am way off base. I hope the reason the Maxwell's have been silent for a while is to gather up steam to announce Sarah's engagement (or better yet wedding) but I'll bet it is just another baby for one of the marrieds.

Has anybody else noticed the almost complete lack of other kids in Moody World? In the one I read, the family goes to a family-integrated church, but no other children are mentioned. The only other kid mentioned is the brat who steals Maddie's cup of milk at the dairy farm.

Has anybody else noticed the almost complete lack of other kids in Moody World? In the one I read, the family goes to a family-integrated church, but no other children are mentioned. The only other kid mentioned is the brat who steals Maddie's cup of milk at the dairy farm.

Wasn't there a kid named Joey who had cancer?

Wasn't there a kid named Joey who had cancer?

I admit I haven't read them all, but do the Moodys ever just hang out with other neighborhood kids? I tend not to think so.

Reading that link to Stockholm Syndrom, I followed their link to Brainwashing.

Because brainwashing is such an invasive form of influence, it requires the complete isolation and dependency of the subject, which is why you mostly hear of brainwashing occurring in prison camps or totalist cults. The agent (the brainwasher) must have complete control over the target (the brainwashee) so that sleep patterns, eating, using the bathroom and the fulfillment of other basic human needs depend on the will of the agent. In the brainwashing process, the agent systematically breaks down the target's identity to the point that it doesn't work anymore. The agent then replaces it with another set of behaviors, attitudes and beliefs that work in the target's current environment.

Steve Maxwell, thy name is The Agent.

I admit I haven't read them all, but do the Moodys ever just hang out with other neighborhood kids? I tend not to think so.

If the Maxwells don't do it, neither do the Moodys, and you *know* the Maxwells don't hang out with neighborhood kids.

Don't be silly. Other kids don't exist. Other kids make Sarah scared, Steve said they were bad and told her that her memories of other kids when she was small were bad and terrifying. The Moodys don't need other kids, they have family and that's all that matters. Family is safe and nobody will let anything bad happen like accidentally hearing a swear word or hearing secular music. Daddy will protect them, so stop thinking, obey and forget that there are seven billion people on the planet and not just them. The others are doomed, God doesn't care for them, we are special, so shut up and don't talk about those other people.

It is not good to use Ed Gein's mom as a role model Stevehovah.

Easter post is up; go read.

I just did. All about death, but in Sarah's defense death is a huge part of Easter.

Death is for Friday. Sunday is a day of joy. Sarah doesn't mention joy until the very lasts sentence. Come on Maxwells, I know you are sad people. I know you are obsessed with death. This however should be the biggest celebration of the year. Christ is risen. It's today that makes you a Christian. You are no longer bound by Old Testament law. It is a day to celebrate that love of God. (We did - the Salvation Army knows how to throw a good party!)

Whenever someone mentions Sarah's Moody Books, I have to chuckle a bit, as there is a TV comedy here called "The Moodys" And it could not be further from Sarah's Moodys.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/moodys/

"The eight-part series follows the lovably dysfunctional Moody family as they come together for eight uniquely Moody occasions over a single year, forming a riotous family portrait of people we know and love."

I hardly think Sarah's Moodys can be called loveable, or riotous. Dysfunctional....maybe.. :think:

Mary looks downright (almost) provocative in that Easter photo! She's got that "come hither" look to her, sassy and flirtatious. I'm surprised Stevie let her wear that white jacket that implies she's got curves. Hmmm, more advertising?

probably more advertising... since he may well realize if none of the girls marry he'll have some explaining to do eventually.

'

And, new models on the market are usually easier to sell....

so to speak

I should not be reading a Maxwell thread with a TV show about Marcus Wesson on in the background.

:cry:

In this clip about the Moody books, her cadence matches his *exactly:* https://vimeo.com/122859529 (not broken because vimeo don't care...)

Oh look, there are a four other videos of them shilling their books that they didn't post links to. I kind of want to read Managers of Their Schools now because they list everything they used for each grade and subject. For some reason I'm betting it's even worse than we think. Also, don't forget *30 years of homeschooling experience*

I have to say John is a hunka hunka burnin' love in that Easter photo. Yum.

I think she'll start forcing herself into denial someday. She was raised to believe God has spouses picked out even before birth, but it's like he forgot her and her siblings. Why is he so angry at them all? Unless...it was all wrong!

Maybe she'll take comfort from Elisabeth Elliot's quote of Gladys Aylward, as to why the latter never married. She said something about God having her husband all picked out and calling him to the mission field (where she was a missionary to China), but he was disobedient.

I have to say John is a hunka hunka burnin' love in that Easter photo. Yum.

LOL. I really wonder what Steve-o must think when he reads here (and we KNOW that Stevie reads here) and sees all of us salivating over his son. It's not like he can just suddenly pull pictures of John and pretend that he doesn't exist. Oh wait, that is kinda par for the course in Maxwellville, isn't it?

Oh look, there are a four other videos of them shilling their books that they didn't post links to. I kind of want to read Managers of Their Schools now because they list everything they used for each grade and subject. For some reason I'm betting it's even worse than we think. Also, don't forget *30 years of homeschooling experience*

www.homeschoolreviews.com/forums/4/thread.aspx?id=52096 has an old discussion about it.

I was interested in this post.... SOunds like the Maxwells were giving them a limited curriculum and having the kids self teach via the textbooks.... as many here have suggested.

Less work, less interaction for Mom and smaller horizons of thought or curiousity.

Definitely get Meek & Quiet Spirit. Loved it! I come back to it again and again and each time get something else out of it.

Managers. . .Schools. I wasn't as thrilled with this book, because I'm trying to give my kids a different kind of education. My goal isn't to get them all working totally independently each day. I like to teach and interact with my kids, and in my opinion, at the high school level they'll need more of that than ever. I also want them to be able to attend college if they so desire, which means higher level math and sciences; we do study literature; and we do study religion daily. As the Maxwell's goals don't meet mine, it's easy to see how their scheduling method wouldn't work in my home. I have many more subjects I'm trying to teach than they do. They have a music ministry which they spend hours each day practicing for. I'd rather we were doing academics, therefore my school day includes more subjects and will naturally be longer for both the kids and myself. KWIM?

For me, the value in Managers...Schools is the general support it gives to moms who use textbooks. I have often referred moms to their articles about textbooks at titus2 - now I can recommend the book to them for that.

. For ideas on record keeping and organization, I've found other books to be more useful (The Organized Homeschooler or books such as High School @ Home, which provide lots of forms).

Jen

Archived