IGNORED

Willie Jessop on Oprah (FLDS Warren Jeffs)

On Oprah's Where Are They Now (March 22), Willie Jessop, Warren Jeffs's former head of security, does a 180 and now suddenly realizes that Warren Jeffs was a pedophile. This episode was cool because it flashed back to Oprah visiting YFZ in 2009 with Willie Jessop defending Warren Jeffs at the time, interviews with the kids, and so on. It's very creepy to watch knowing what we all know now.

(link not broken because oprah.com) http://www.oprah.com/own-where-are-they ... effs-Video

This episode has a lot of information about Warren Jeffs's trial and then features Willie playing Barney Fife and actually talking to these girls and seeing the evidence from the Texas trial. Willie had no idea until he heard the tapes. Willie didn't know about the group sex, or the underage girls, or the beds in the temple or anything really. Obviously. :whistle:

The most interesting thing is that Willie claims pretty much his whole family is still FLDS and so are the girls who involved in all of this. Even with all of this mess, it was a big deal for him to leave, go public, and be excommunicated. So good for him, I think.

politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com

Has the reasons why Willie obviously knew about underage marriages. In both the old and new shows Oprah really screwed up the interviews. Those people lied all over the place.

I thought he was told to leave by Jeffs and didn't just leave on his own. I know Jeffs still orders excommunications amongst other things from prison.

That would be a little less noble of a story I guess.

Plus, claiming you didn't know anything sure beats going to prison for abetting a crime....

Plus, claiming you didn't know anything sure beats going to prison for abetting a crime....

Before I say anything else, I want to make it clear I think Jeffs' preying on under-aged girls is worlds worse than group sex.

In the Jeffs tapes, however, that crazy asshole warned his wives - or, more accurately, his "wives" - not to talk about the orgies because any other man who did that would 'lose the priesthood.' That suggests to me Willie Jessop didn't know.

I've seen interviews with the guy: I'm not convinced Willie Jessop knows...well, much of anything, actually. About anything. Including what day of the week it is.

AFAIR, Willie Jessop has a vested interest in positioning himself against the church at this point as they have tried to take him for everything he has. The church has stolen trucks and other property from him and I believe he was (IS?) in a legal battle for church property. I think it is interesting that he is trying to garner sympathy with these types of interviews. Pardon me for not being sympathetic but I 1) don't think he was naive about what was really going on in the "temple" and 2) don't believe he is being sincere now in seeking repentance. Color me skeptical. Follow the money.

Archived