IGNORED

Maxwells explain it all for us

kpmom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took a look at the videos. Gosh, it was painful to watch Sarah's. She really is a child in an adult's body. What her parents have done to her should be punishable. It's abuse. I can't believe she's in her 30's. I really feel for her.

Teri seems much more confident than I expected her to be. Steve sounds awkward, not what I expected at all.

lol mysteries and thrillers are evil?

Yes, because the detective uses (whispering) LOGIC to solve the mystery, instead of just asking God to bless them with the knowledge of whodunit!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
MtGBrcK.jpg

:brain-bleach: I really did not need that picture in my brain. :brain-bleach:

I just took a look at the videos. Gosh, it was painful to watch Sarah's. She really is a child in an adult's body. What her parents have done to her should be punishable. It's abuse. I can't believe she's in her 30's. I really feel for her.

Teri seems much more confident than I expected her to be. Steve sounds awkward, not what I expected at all.

I couldn't even imagine being a teenager and acting like she does!

• 3 weeks later...
He definitely hit his kids. A FJer (AllisonWonderland?) who went to the conference where Steve ranted about Liz Munck also reported that they all laughed happily about fond memories of hitting their kids. Plus, way back at the beginning of their blog, they had some guest posts by Mrs Debi Pearl herself.

I agree that it was mostly spiritual/emotional abuse though. The image of being nail files on their children's spirits is both poetic and apt. The tapes while they slept is a good example. Nathan does that to the ABCs too, and if he does it then you can bet Christopher does as well.

I recently read an article that made me think of the Maxwells. A psychologist studying efficiency and productivity had his subjects work all day doing things on their to-do lists, but they were never allowed a break or to do anything for fun or recreation. He had to stop his study after less than a week after he discovered that he had accidentally induced symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder in every participant. Those kids must be miserable and on edge 24/7.

Yes, they definitely all thought spanking the children was hilarious. It was brought up during the Q&A session of the Wichita conference last November. I believe Jesse answered that question first.

I think Teri is just as bad as Steve :?

It would have made a difference if Teri stood firm but then again, this is her husband and father of her children. In all fairness, she was probably too emotionally involved, too close to see what Steve really was doing and if she had any sort of inkling that something was off, chances are she would have rationalized it, due the above. Sure what he's doing is unhealthy but when it's all couched in terms of God and Jesus, looking out for your family, it can seem lot more benign than it is, especially from within. It doesn't help that she had her own depression issues to deal with. Saw this sort of thing in my own Maxwellian family.

Not trying to defend her but understand how / why she didn't or maybe couldn't do anything about it. But do agree if she did stand firm, it would have probably made a difference but it would take strength that she probably did not have. Standing firm would have probably meant divorce because it would have been up to her to walk out and get herself and the kids away from the crazy.

I admit I have a fascination with this family and want to read a Moody book out of curiosity. I have no kids as an excuse. :lol:

Eternalbluepearl, I did a summary of one, chapter by chapter last year. I can't remember the thread title but try searching for Spring Days with the Moody's and see what comes up. The writing was painful. The stories were dull.

Edit to add - just looked it up - thread is called "Summary of Spring Days with the Moody's". Enjoy.

Archived