IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

FJ called it. 30 years of homeschooling being touted on the blog.

Good for Mary. Now she can move into to a college dorm, go to school, get a degree in Art or Design, and have a fabulous career. Or not.

Just like when Anna graduated, I just want to cry over the waste of potential.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep -- it's all about Stevehovah and Terror having a nice round number they can blather about when selling.

Man, they are really plugging Mary: Mary bakes cookies! Mary can give haircuts! Mary graduates! What's next? Mary cleans ceiling fans? Mary willingly limits herself to two animal crackers? Mary makes bean mush?

Man, they are really plugging Mary: Mary bakes cookies! Mary can give haircuts! Mary graduates! What's next? Mary cleans ceiling fans? Mary willingly limits herself to two animal crackers? Mary makes bean mush?

If we're exceptionally lucky, she could be quite contrary.

I thought Mary was suppose to graduate a while ago. I wonder if they put it off till it could be 30 years of homeschooling.

Now Mary can go on to study medicine or law. Leaving her parents, friends, and family behind. :lol:

Meanwhile what the hell do these kids graduate from? Steve Academy? They go from bible time and chores to waiting at home until Steve dies while singing at a nursing home.

Does anyone think Mary might do something different, or is it hopeless? She seems to have a spark. Surely she looks at Sarah and doesn't want to end up like that

Does anyone think Mary might do something different, or is it hopeless? She seems to have a spark. Surely she looks at Sarah and doesn't want to end up like that

It's hopeless. I see that Mary has a smug "I'm young and good-looking, so unlike my sisters, I'll be getting a husband" look. Reminds me of Joseph's shit-eating "Look at the woman I own now" grin.

However, she only looks/acts that way because she's too naive to know that she's not any different from Anna and Sarah in her father's eyes. When the eventual realization sets in, she'll look as worn down as every other female in that house. I really wish those girls had some opportunities, but they likely never will. Not even a fundie marriage.

Besides, she loves her daddy :big-heart: (h/t treemom)

She is 19 right? She should have graduated 2 years ago! What did she get so busy with her hobbies and interests that she couldn't get her work done? Did they insist she take high level mathematics, learn Latin and take AP Chemistry? Yeah right. WTF Tell me they didn't delay her finishing just so they could get to 30 years!

If we're exceptionally lucky, she could be quite contrary.

Or in the words of Run DMC "Mary, Mary why ya buggin?"

Personally, I would like to see her get started on her own Moody Books:

A Tell All with the Moody's

FUN! With the Moody's

A Whole Bag of Animal Crackers with the Moody's

Pretty please post links. I can't always remember who goes to which blog. It took me a minute to remember the Maxwells are Titus2. I don't always remember at all.

This is clearly about Teri and Steve being able to say they reached 30 years. Her grad announcement was all about them.

She is 19 right? She should have graduated 2 years ago! What did she get so busy with her hobbies and interests that she couldn't get her work done? Did they insist she take high level mathematics, learn Latin and take AP Chemistry? Yeah right. WTF Tell me they didn't delay her finishing just so they could get to 30 years!

Yeah, this peaked my interest as well. I remembered Sarah mentioned a couple of times last year that Mary was working really hard to finish up school "early." Whether she's 18 or 19, that's not particularly early to finish homeschooling. I graduated from public high school at 17. I can't help but feel that the Stevebyterians have the necessary free time to shove their kids through the paces of a rigorous Moody-rich education long before the average national graduation age.

I agree with you. I think that Mary's schooling has been on the back burner for a looooong time with the short-term benefit of exploiting her for free labor whenever possible, and the long-term benefit of making it to the magical "30".

Congratulations, Stevelings! You've all graduated from school, and you are all technically legal adults! Today is the first day of the rest of your lives. And what awaits you? Why, the vast and never-ending world of stagnate, extended adolescence under the blank and emotionless gaze of your overlord/father, of course! :romance-ballandchain:

Oh please, when they announced Mary was starting her Junior year at 17.5, I knew they were delaying her "graduation". First, to have the "30 years homeschooling" badge, and second, to keep her a "child" as long as possible. They now have THREE adult unmarried daughters at home. How are they going to spin this over the years..... Their sons are slowing getting married, but their daughters..... :evil-eye:

Her life is just beginning, but it can never truly start. Any other girl her age would be off to college, leaving home, getting a job, and looking forward to all the adventures that she will have in her adult life, making friends, trying new things, travelling....but Mary will never have that because she was born into a cult. Even the fundie dream of marriage and a million kids is probably not in her future, because Sarah and Anna are older than her and still not allowed to marry, I don't think Steve will ever let his girls go. Sorry Mary, your life sucks, you cant even become a crazy cat lady because Steve wouldn't allow it.

In their defense it doesn't really seem like much changes when they graduate so Mary probably didn't mind the extra year. Not like you're behind held back from going to college or starting a career or anything :(

Am I going to get beaten up if I tell I finished (public) Secondary school at the age of 22?xD

I love how the blog says that it was Steve and Teri that homeschooled for 30 years. To my knowledge, it has been solely Teri that did all the schoolin'. It's wimmen's work, isn't it?

I love how the blog says that it was Steve and Teri that homeschooled for 30 years. To my knowledge, it has been solely Teri that did all the schoolin'. It's wimmen's work, isn't it?

Steve was in charge of the guilt-mongering and fear curriculum.

Personally, I would like to see her get started on her own Moody Books:

A Tell All with the Moody's

FUN! With the Moody's

A Whole Bag of Animal Crackers with the Moody's

Running Away from the Moody's. A New Season of Life with the Moody's.

Congrats, Mary! And poor, poor Steve. I'm sure he's really struggling to get himself out of the bad reputation he fell into thanks to all of us lovely FJers. (singing) And then he turns around in circles, turns around in circles, turns and finds there's nothing left.......

If he realizes the last 3 posts make it look like he's trying to "sell off" Mary, he's probably hanging his head in shame, and begging God for answers. Okay, just my speculation. This Stevehovah thing has to be wearing on him. Steve, if I'm right, please use Psalm 6:6-7 as your next Scripture quote. It can be very strangely therapeutic.

It's hard to remember so far back, but I *think* Teri had posted on the Moms board that Steve was in charge of certain subjects. My guess would be math and "science" but really who knows.

Dang there must be guys all over ATI/IBLP with tight khakis over this blatant sexual enticement!!!! :dance:

Running Away from the Moody's. A New Season of Life with the Moody's.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

The Moodys Have Fun

The Moodys Skip Cleaning the Garage

The Moodys Drink Diet Pepsi

Archived