IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

Half of me is convinced that NR Anna's already had the baby, but they don't want to announce yet - so they don't take away the spotlight from Mary's "graduation." Gotta promote that homeschooling empire!

Oh hell no. In Maxwellville: babies >>>>>>>>> education.

Mary's graduation would no doubt be postponed to dote over another sweet blessing!!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year when NR Anna was in labor with Ruthie they asked for prayers. And of course we had constant updates when Melanie was in the hospital waiting for Drew to be born.

Yup. They give lots of updates when babies are born.

Now I'm imagining some family with two kids named Dorcas and Nimrod.

Nice Biblical names, but junior high would be really, really bad...

Now I'm imagining some family with two kids named Dorcas and Nimrod.

Nice Biblical names, but junior high would be really, really bad...

One more reason to homeschool in the eyes of fundies! You can use all of the most unusual Biblical names for your kids, and the only ones who'll ever be in a position to make fun of Dorcas and Nimrod are their siblings.

One more reason to homeschool in the eyes of fundies! You can use all of the most unusual Biblical names for your kids, and the only ones who'll ever be in a position to make fun of Dorcas and Nimrod are their siblings.

Who wouldn't dare because of Biblical discipline and whatever their own names are.

It occurred to me that labor and childbirth, aside from a planned induction or C-section, isn't subject to Maxwellian scheduling. I wonder if that bothers them.

I'm just having a flashback to a guy I went to bible study with when I was a teenager.

In our community it was okay for ppl to work on Sunday if it was stuff that was considered charity or necessarity. Of course, being fundies, the more stuff you rested from, the better you were. My mum refused to give up basic housekeeping stuff on Sunday (she had chronic health issues and simply couldn't have gotten through two days worth of work on Monday) but we kids knew to keep that quiet and not risk judgement for being a not quite holy enough.

The other thing was that creating work for other ppl on Sunday was considered just as bad as doing it yourself, so going out or doing any shopping was strictly verboten.

Anyway, I remember having an argument with this uber-crazy fundie kid who seriously thought that medical emergencies should be ignored and women should have planned inductions or C/S's to minimise the need for medical staff to work on Sunday.

When I reminded him about what Jesus said to the Pharasees about rescuing sheep on the Sabbath he resorted to smacking me down with the texts about women being silent and not trying to teach men.

Ahhh, memories....(no wonder I need counselling )....

I think that's a highly unusual position, though, even for fundies.

I tend to think ultra-Orthodox Jews have the highest and strictest restrictions for work on the Sabbath, and even they have no issue with women giving birth on the Sabbath and on holidays.

I think that kid you knew was a dumbass.

I am no Maxwell leghumper but I find this insulting. YMMV. I mean would you find it amusing to throw pork on a Jew's or Muslim's lawn?

I can understand this reaction, but I guess it is less severe for me because the pork rule is a basic piece of Muslim and Jewish scripture, in their beliefs handed straight from the mouth of their god, while the egg thing is made up by Steve Maxwell to make sure his kids are as isolated as possible. He did not like the amount of joy derived from it (and if I recall, the ABCs have egg hunts with the Mahers) and used it as a chance to disengage from his wrong kind of Christian brother.

I can understand this reaction, but I guess it is less severe for me because the pork rule is a basic piece of Muslim and Jewish scripture, in their beliefs handed straight from the mouth of their god, while the egg thing is made up by Steve Maxwell to make sure his kids are as isolated as possible. He did not like the amount of joy derived from it (and if I recall, the ABCs have egg hunts with the Mahers) and used it as a chance to disengage from his wrong kind of Christian brother.

IIRC, I'm pretty sure Steve's bad Christian brother doesn't exist but was just something that FJ assumed based on what Steve wrote. I think after the recent deaths in the family, someone here found obits that mentioned Steve's sister(s) but nothing about a brother. Doesn't means Stevus isn't a dick but it's important to snark accurately if one is to be taken seriously, KWIM? :mrgreen:

Steve has 2 sisters, no brother. We have speculated, though, that Steve may have meant a brother-in-law.

IIRC, I'm pretty sure Steve's bad Christian brother doesn't exist but was just something that FJ assumed based on what Steve wrote. I think after the recent deaths in the family, someone here found obits that mentioned Steve's sister(s) but nothing about a brother. Doesn't means Stevus isn't a dick but it's important to snark accurately if one is to be taken seriously, KWIM? :mrgreen:

I actually thought he did have stepbrothers. But they might not be part of his life. Of course, the whole thing could have been made up completely.

Steve has 2 sisters, no brother. We have speculated, though, that Steve may have meant a brother-in-law.

Steve does have some stepbrothers on his biological dad's side.

Thanks for this info. I thought Steve had a brother & sister.

I actually thought he did have stepbrothers. But they might not be part of his life. Of course, the whole thing could have been made up completely.

Could be, could be. But make stuff up? Heavens, NEVER! If it didn't happen IRL, it came to him in a vision direct from the Big Guy. To teach us a lesson, you know.

Could be, could be. But make stuff up? Heavens, NEVER! If it didn't happen IRL, it came to him in a vision direct from the Big Guy. To teach us a lesson, you know.

NOOO! Not Steve! Never! He would never obfuscate or embellish or twist or turn or deviate from the path of righteousness.

I am home with a sick kid and avoiding work. I found this old Maxwell thread (cause what could be more of a waste of time). I did not remember this blog entry but that means nothing... I thought some newbies and oldies might like to be reminded of Sarah's plight as we await news of the birth of the newest robot for Jesus:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7053

I am home with a sick kid and avoiding work. I found this old Maxwell thread (cause what could be more of a waste of time). I did not remember this blog entry but that means nothing... I thought some newbies and oldies might like to be reminded of Sarah's plight as we await news of the birth of the newest robot for Jesus:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7053

Wow, that was Sarah three years ago. And today? Absolutely nothing has changed. Her life hasn't changed or progressed one iota.

Very sad.

Very off topic; I don't recall so many FJers having the crescent moon and star avatar. What was up with that?

Damn, that was sad. Three years later and nothing's changed. Poor Sarah indeed. But she's HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! Right?

At least one of the girls may indeed marry but we won't know about it until the deed is done. Steve really got off on the surprise factor for Joseph and Mrs. Joseph.

Wow, that was Sarah three years ago. And today? Absolutely nothing has changed. Her life hasn't changed or progressed one iota.

Very sad.

Very off topic; I don't recall so many FJers having the crescent moon and star avatar. What was up with that?

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
I think it means they have not logged in for a long while???

I think when FJ switched hosts a lot of avatars were lost and some folks never changed them back. It may also be the default avatar. Or they could be inactive members. Or I could be making it all up. :D

At least one of the girls may indeed marry but we won't know about it until the deed is done. Steve really got off on the surprise factor for Joseph and Mrs. Joseph.

I think you r right w/ both of these. I think the girl who might get married is Anna.

Man, where is that baby? In the last update on Anna and the pregnancy, thry said they were expecting the baby in the first 2 weeks of March. We're past that now.

I think Anna was late with Joshua and Ruthanne, so either she times the pregnancies wrong or she's just always late.

We're about to head into the 4 week of March and I can't help but be a bit concerned for Anna. She's 1-2 weeks late. If she were with an OB, she'd probably have already been induced at this point.

I don't know, maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but I hope Christopher isn't so proud that he wouldn't let Anna be induced if necessary.

I would be surprised if she knew exactly when the baby was due. She must have gotten pregnant while she was only a few months postpartum, I believe. (I don't know exactly how old Ruthanne is.) "First two weeks in March" may have been the best guess.

Archived