IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson sells house to travel for doTerra

salex

I looked up the floor plan on that RV- I don't know where 2 of those kids are going to sleep. The floor, I guess. Plus dogs? Tonya is fucking crazy to think that her kids are going to be able to adjust (with NO notice) from 2300 square feet (with a dedicated playroom) on almost 17 acres to <400 square feet with no yard at all.

Years of blogging about parenting and it's never been about anyone but Tonya. She's learned nothing.

400 square feet? That's about the size of my apartment! It's just me and I still wish I had more space but alas, the nightmare of DC real estate. My boyfriend was here all last week-- his place is bigger but it was out of commission with maintenance issues. Two people in this space for one week and we went NUTS! I think I would last about twenty minutes with five other people.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably not even that much, it's a 37 foot RV. RVs are usually listed by the interior length, so a "37 foot" RV is longer than that outside, but 37 feet by 8.5 feet is about 315. That's going to be fun for 4 country kids- I know lots of families make do with very small apartments in the city, but those kids get to go to school and play with friends and go to the park. These kids are going to be cooped up in their tiny "living room" 24 hours a day, unless Psycho Mom parks somewhere with kids to play with or takes them to a church playground.

I've been reading around and the expected mileage isn't as godawful as I'd have thought, but it's pretty dismal- about 6.5-8 mpg highway on flat land and lightly to moderately loaded, considerably worse with a heavy load or in the hills/mountains.

We have an 05 holiday rambler 37 footer and at 70 to 75 we got 4 to 5 mpg. At 65-70 we got 5 -6 mpg and at 55-60 we have been getting 7 with the rarity of 8.

I really don't think she understands how far away everything in the West is, and how not at all charming it's going to be when she's not hanging out with her mom and other lady friends but instead her cheatin' husband and 4 bored young children. Added to the pure misery of "ARE WE THERE YET", the RV's tank is 100 gallons and that'll probably only take them 600 miles, maybe less, since Tonya's stated plan is to head to CA and CO. Worse news- at Kansas/CO diesel prices that's $250ish for a fill-up, which isn't exactly friendly, but the Sam's Club down the highway from my house wants $2.96/gallon. That will very likely go up, gas/diesel usually goes up in the summer. Their hometown to Denver one way is 465 miles, probably $300 round-trip in just gas (got to remember the altitude), plus Kansas is just full of toll roads, and toll roads charge RVs more than cars. Getting to Utah (I'm sure doTERRA is HUGE in Utah)? Salt Lake City is almost a thousand miles from her hometown. If she then comes and visits the nearest whacko fundie center, maybe the PP's parents in Sacramento- that's another 650 miles from SLC.

The mileage is going to add up so fast. And what happens when the doTERRA bubble bursts?

Dear BFF Tonya: Remember when your lovely mommy posted this adorable bit of asshole bigotry that is the EXACT reason overweight people are too ashamed to go to the gym or the running store or bike shop "fitspo"?

k397bt.jpg

Well, I know how you hate to feel left out, so I made you something!

15ybtsk.jpg

It's probably not even that much, it's a 37 foot RV. RVs are usually listed by the interior length, so a "37 foot" RV is longer than that outside, but 37 feet by 8.5 feet is about 315.

I've been reading around and the expected mileage isn't as godawful as I'd have thought, but it's pretty dismal- about 6.5-8 mpg highway on flat land and lightly to moderately loaded, considerably worse with a heavy load or in the hills/mountains.

The living footage is less. Take out the space the bolted-down furniture and since and bathroom and closet and fridge and over take up, and about half that footage or more is gone.

In reality, RVs get a lot less mileage. Posted estimates are under ideal circumstances when an RV is new, usually flat road at a steady pace without any stopping and as little added weight as possible. When it's older and has wear and is heavily loaded and driving down hill and uphill, stopping and starting a lot, you get less.

Damn that thing her mom made makes me NOT want to get on my bike and exercise... and I was looking forward to it too now that the weather has cleared up. Maybe because my reason for riding my bike is to lose weight so now Tonya's mother has made me feel bad lol

And again, travel trailer, is cheaper to pull and has more space. Not to be flippent but you can't tell methey dont have a truck. Rural farm area :shifty-kitty:

If she tries to shill in Utah, she's a bigger idiot than I originally thought. Utah is ground zero for MLM scams and they aren't going to buy from a non-Mormon outsider.

And again, travel trailer, is cheaper to pull and has more space. Not to be flippent but you can't tell methey dont have a truck. Rural farm area :shifty-kitty:

Nothing they are doing makes any sense. Are they going to pull a car everywhere they go? Are they going to show up at whatever venue and drag out of the RV?

I was dumbfounded they drove to do a "class" in a town of 4500 in Colorado. Then I kept reading and they did a "class" in Anton, CO, a town with less than 150 residents in a county with 4800 residents.

How is this going to pay for itself? Are they just going down the relative's list and deducting the trips to visit cousins and inlaws, holding a class with some pressured auntie and hoping for the best?

Oh, well, I hope she makes lots of facebook posts of all their travels. :popcorn2:

The way MLMs cannibalize social circles really baffles me. One of my acquaintances shills for Jamberry Nails. She lives in our smallish town, and is active in our town's even smaller community theatre scene. She got another friend to sell under her. This friend lives in our same smallish town and is also active in our community theatre scene. What is going to happen when they are both trying to sell to the exact same people?

If she tries to shill in Utah, she's a bigger idiot than I originally thought. Utah is ground zero for MLM scams and they aren't going to buy from a non-Mormon outsider.

I would love it if she tried to do business with Doterra spokeswoman Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie wouldn't give a non-Mormon, the time of day. I agree with you, overall she will have a hard time in Utah. I remember a few years back, some statistic was released that said Utah had the highest per capita of MLM scams in the country.

There's a video called Things Mormon Women say and half the video is of a lady inviting people to various MLM parties. I lived there 3 years and it is so true! Hi, I'm going to pretend to be your friend to make a buck and if you turn me down I'll never acknowledge you again!

There's a video called Things Mormon Women say and half the video is of a lady inviting people to various MLM parties. I lived there 3 years and it is so true! Hi, I'm going to pretend to be your friend to make a buck and if you turn me down I'll never acknowledge you again!

There is nothing I hate more than being invited to an MLM party. I always feel obligated to go and obligated to buy something I'm not crazy about and wouldn't normally buy. I need to learn to just say no to them, but I always feel pressured into doing it and like I wouldn't be a supportive friend if I didn't go. It really puts me in a crappy position.

Do you know what I hate most about MLM parties, more than anything else about them? Having to try explaining to friends that, even if I was interested in the products, that I'm not going to pay an inflated price for them. It's like $10 for a small roll of wrapping paper. The same paper in a store might be $2, only I have to wait a few weeks to get it. I don't want to buy your trendy product that won't work. No, I don't want to throw money down the drain to buy a product I don't want to support you. I have enough friends into this stuff that I try to hide that my family is doing financially fine so I can use the excuse that we can't afford it.

Now if people still sold Tupperware, which was a very legit company selling actually legit stuff for actually good prices, I'd be all over that. Avon and Mary Kay are also legit, and helped many housewives find some self-worth outside of housewifing, and gave real support. Today's MLMs aren't the same in any way.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I thought it's interesting. Tonya has a doTerra Vision Board on Pinterest. There are a couple of pins about RVing. One pin is how to travel with a dog. Another is how to remodel the RV to have cubby bunkbeds.

I love pinterest, but I know that perfect, beautiful pictures aren't reality most of the time. I think her vision board is very optimistic to say the least.

I was reading her facebook posts about her move and noticed someone wrote this:

Wowzers! That's BIG news for sure..I have Glorybumps!! How ecciting!!

and I am dying that fundies call goosebumps glorybumps.

Also, it appears they're headed for Texas and California.

I was reading her facebook posts about her move and noticed someone wrote this:

and I am dying that fundies call goosebumps glorybumps.

Also, it appears they're headed for Texas and California.

I do declare, some Canadian Glories just flew over my house. :shock:

I laughed so hard when I saw that they were in Eaton. That's not far from me, I've been through there and have a couple friends there now. If they want to sell in Colorado, it's not going to be in Eaton. It seems that doterra is pretty big in Colorado though, I know of several sales people.

Maybe she should try Louisiana. truly never heard of doterra oils till on here. :?

Hi! I'm new here. I've been a follower of Tonya Ferguson's blog for years and was dismayed when it became nothing more than an infomercial for essential oils.

And now to find out she's quit blogging, sold the land and house and plans on traveling in an RV with four kids and two dogs hoping to make their living hawking OILS?

WTF???

In the first place, she's leaving Kansas to travel to sell oils and get other dreamers to sell oils. At the same time people from other states are pulling up stakes to come to KANSAS to do the SAME THING!

These oil sellers are trampling on each other and covering the same territories yet I think they believe they're the new pioneers spreading the word of oils.

Tonya's new venture looks almost exactly like another blogger who has a family of 3 kids/2 dogs and lives in an RV to shill oils. Perhaps that's where Tonya got the bug up her butt.

Anyway, sitting back and waiting for the bubble to burst and wondering where Tonya (with her "iffy" marriage) and children end up.

Do you know what I hate most about MLM parties, more than anything else about them? Having to try explaining to friends that, even if I was interested in the products, that I'm not going to pay an inflated price for them. It's like $10 for a small roll of wrapping paper. The same paper in a store might be $2, only I have to wait a few weeks to get it. I don't want to buy your trendy product that won't work. No, I don't want to throw money down the drain to buy a product I don't want to support you. I have enough friends into this stuff that I try to hide that my family is doing financially fine so I can use the excuse that we can't afford it.

Now if people still sold Tupperware, which was a very legit company selling actually legit stuff for actually good prices, I'd be all over that. Avon and Mary Kay are also legit, and helped many housewives find some self-worth outside of housewifing, and gave real support. Today's MLMs aren't the same in any way.

I don't mind those companies at all. But, I have never purchased anything from Mary Kay. Pampered Chef is another MLM that I don't mind buying from. Yeah, the stuff is expensive, but their products are pretty good and hold up well over the years.

The part I don't get is where they just make more competition for themselves by recruiting other salespeople.

I have many friends that have sold MLA type stuff; body wraps, fiber eyelashes, Airborne (sp?), candles with rings in them, and those hair clips that a lot of fundies sell ( I bought one of the hair clips, shameless, I know) etc.. They always start it with "parties" a Facebook business page. Never last long.

The part I don't get is where they just make more competition for themselves by recruiting other salespeople.

I have many friends that have sold MLA type stuff; body wraps, fiber eyelashes, Airborne (sp?), candles with rings in them, and those hair clips that a lot of fundies sell ( I bought one of the hair clips, shameless, I know) etc.. They always start it with "parties" a Facebook business page. Never last long.

IIRC, some MLM companies give bonuses to sales reps who establish down-lines when they bring in new reps to the company. But the reps are also adding to their competition.

It has been interesting for me to watch the promotion of MLMs on Facebook. One friend of mine from high school sold ViSalus shake and smoothie products for a couple of years. She heavily promoted and then stopped and hasn't mentioned ViSalus in a year. Another friend sold candles and then stopped as is now selling Younique products. My uncle's stepdaughter recently friended me on FB. I've met her a handful of times, she is heavily promoting body wraps and then has complained when other companies start selling body wraps and she also complains about local spas,gyms, and salons also selling bodywraps.

In many MLM systems, you get part of the revenue stream of the salespeople you recruit. So the more people you get selling below you the more passive revenue you get.

Hi! I'm new here. I've been a follower of Tonya Ferguson's blog for years and was dismayed when it became nothing more than an infomercial for essential oils.

And now to find out she's quit blogging, sold the land and house and plans on traveling in an RV with four kids and two dogs hoping to make their living hawking OILS?

WTF???

In the first place, she's leaving Kansas to travel to sell oils and get other dreamers to sell oils. At the same time people from other states are pulling up stakes to come to KANSAS to do the SAME THING!

These oil sellers are trampling on each other and covering the same territories yet I think they believe they're the new pioneers spreading the word of oils.

Tonya's new venture looks almost exactly like another blogger who has a family of 3 kids/2 dogs and lives in an RV to shill oils. Perhaps that's where Tonya got the bug up her butt.

Anyway, sitting back and waiting for the bubble to burst and wondering where Tonya (with her "iffy" marriage) and children end up.

So giving up everything to live in an RV and sell EOs is actually a trend? May G-d have mercy on us all.

Haha the flexi clips. I actually have several and I love them. They were definitely worth the money.

Archived