IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson sells house to travel for doTerra

salex

Big news from the Ferguson farm...

We have been praying for the Lord to show us how we could afford to travel as much as we have planned with DoTERRA, while still maintaining our house payment and life in Kansas.

Well, when the Lord answered us, He answered loud and clear. In 3 days time, our motor home, our Papa land next door, and our home of 13 years, which was not on the market, SOLD

Ok if your business is doing "so well" you can't travel as needed and meet your mortgage, you should consider a different business. Tonya ' facebook is public

://m.facebook.com/daleandtonya?fref=nf

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok if your business is doing "so well" you can't travel as needed and meet your mortgage, you should consider a different business. Tonya ' facebook is public

://m.facebook.com/daleandtonya?fref=nf

If Jill Rodrigues and Lisa Pennington had a child, they would sell EO's while traveling the country in an RV.

I seriously just double face palmed reading this.

No wait, it's more than a double:

218426d1393192405-2014-sochi-winter-olympics-lhjjj.jpg

"Remember when Mom sold our house so she could shill essential oils for a pyramid scheme?" "Yeah, that was after Dad cheated on her, right?"

What is it with these people and motor "homes"? I feel like every last fundie these days is selling off their kids' stability to drive across America hocking their shit and forcing themselves upon every church with a light on.

My daughter has one really dumb friend. The girl is just not bright. And she's kind of sketchy. So every time my daughter goes anywhere with her I say "Don't let her sell you for a bag of magic beans". And then the woman scorned goes and sells her house for an rv full of magic oils. Hell hath no wrath like a women scorned. And no clue either.

How can the oil market not be saturated (sorry) yet?

My daughter has one really dumb friend. The girl is just not bright. And she's kind of sketchy. So every time my daughter goes anywhere with her I say "Don't let her sell you for a bag of magic beans". And then the woman scorned goes and sells her house for an rv full of magic oils. Hell hath no wrath like a women scorned. And no clue either.

How can the oil market not be saturated (sorry) yet?

No clue. I'd actually love some right now but not to replace any medical service but just cause 3 drops of lavender in a hot bath smells great. But them I'd just go to the store for them or maybe get something from Lush instead.

The only explanation that makes sense in my mind is that she's caught him at his same old tricks and has decided, like many a wife, that geographically removing him from the situation will solve the problem. Add in living in nice, close quarters (hard to cheat on your wife in a tiny RV you share with 4 kids!) and sharing the same "job" (so she never has to let him out of her sight!), and he'll have no choice about keeping his pants zipped? Right? Right?

wow. Well life just sunk to a lower circle of hell for those poor kids. It wasn't bad enough that they had all this documented publicly because of their mom's manic blogging. :angry-banghead: Man i hope they make it out of childhood halfway functional. :cry:

i am confused because i first read it as moving into the rv then read it as selling the rv house and land they owned. If it is the later i wonder if there was a foreclosure or short sale of somekind since people can usually keep their homes in a bancrupty in ks. In her old blog she talked about having 4 dollars in their acct. Her dreagging her husbands name through the mud may have made his commisions smaller or she/they may not have figured how to manage sporadic commissioned based income. Or the cost of gutting the kitchen and jumping in to that moneymaker doterra may be sinking them.

I had not thought of the idea she was trying to keep him faithful but that mAkes sense.

I can see the spin at first...she was so dedicated to doterra she went all on... but. "I lost my house to a network marketing scheme" is not a great testimonial fo the conferences.

I can't help thinking there has to be some level of mental illness going on if you sell your land and home to go sell a product. That's getting too close to being in a cult.

So it sounds like they are selling the RV with the house and are now looking for a "bus style motorhome".

SO, the plan is right now, to find a bus style motorhome and move in the 4 little Ferguson's, 2 dogs, (no chickens, ducks or cats allowed) 2 adults and a homeschool into said bus. Woah. We are selling a ton of our "wordly goods" to make this happen, and I am still in awe that this is my life.

There is absolutely no way that this could go wrong. :roll:

Oh, and did people know that her husband cheated on her and she forgave him to restore the marriage? Because if you didn't she couldn't help but allude to it:

We have experienced miracles and sorrow, joy and restoration in the walls of this home.

So on March 1st she made Gold ranking in doTerra and she says that means her husband can afford to only work part time. But he won't be able to stop working completely until they get to the Platinum level, so I wonder what happened? A couple days later he suddenly can stop working and they can depend on doTerra to support them? There is more to this story than she is saying.

How is she going to reach platinum without her blog?

Tonya talks on her FB page about how doTerra helps women quit their jobs so they can work from home with their kids, but if you look at her life, she is on the road constantly. She is not exactly a SAHM.

The only explanation that makes sense in my mind is that she's caught him at his same old tricks and has decided, like many a wife, that geographically removing him from the situation will solve the problem. Add in living in nice, close quarters (hard to cheat on your wife in a tiny RV you share with 4 kids!) and sharing the same "job" (so she never has to let him out of her sight!), and he'll have no choice about keeping his pants zipped? Right? Right?

This is exactly what I thought. Had a friend who decided to take the "change of geographic location" option with her cheating hubby. Also know of someone who works at the same place as her husband and let's just say there's enough reason to think that it's to keep him on a short lease.

This is exactly what I thought. Had a friend who decided to take the "change of geographic location" option with her cheating hubby. Also know of someone who works at the same place as her husband and let's just say there's enough reason to think that it's to keep him on a short lease.

This reminds me of my parents. Not the cheating part, the attempts to control someone else's behavior. My parents used to go to one buffet after church a lot, and my mother HATED how my father would load down his plate with carbs and red meat. She nagged him to quit, he told her it was once a week, she told him he was getting fat (he wasn't, but if she ate that way she sure would), so he told her she could eat all the potato salad she liked and he'd always liked her with a little more meat on her bones (gross, dad, thanks for that mental image). Months of fighting over potato salad later, my mother abruptly announced she'd found a new all-you-can-eat place, an organic salad bar. I think you can guess how this went. Even all-you-can-eat salad places usually have soups, pasta salad, muffins...

It seems like Tonya has left the "spackling over all our problems" phase and has gone straight to doubling down on the marriage police routine. But whether she realizes it or not, all she's really doing is changing buffets.

This reminds me of my parents. Not the cheating part, the attempts to control someone else's behavior. My parents used to go to one buffet after church a lot, and my mother HATED how my father would load down his plate with carbs and red meat. She nagged him to quit, he told her it was once a week, she told him he was getting fat (he wasn't, but if she ate that way she sure would), so he told her she could eat all the potato salad she liked and he'd always liked her with a little more meat on her bones (gross, dad, thanks for that mental image). Months of fighting over potato salad later, my mother abruptly announced she'd found a new all-you-can-eat place, an organic salad bar. I think you can guess how this went. Even all-you-can-eat salad places usually have soups, pasta salad, muffins...

It seems like Tonya has left the "spackling over all our problems" phase and has gone straight to doubling down on the marriage police routine. But whether she realizes it or not, all she's really doing is changing buffets.

Like my friend, Tonya thinks it's going to fix the problem by changing locations and getting him away. But distance these days can be nothing because internet and if it's habitual problem with him, then it's going to be a problem no matter where they go.

Her constant shaming of him by carrying on the "wronged wife" routine cannot help either.

I think it actively hurts her cause- she might as well hang a big sign around his neck that says "Down To Fuck".

Assuming I wanted to buy overpriced essential oils, why would I buy from her? I can easily get them from Lush, Whole Foods, Amazon... or DoTerra itself.

I dont understand people that pin their lives on these MLM companies. Its so easy for everything to crash and burn.

I think so too. I usually think people can have whatever lifestyle works for them, but this sounds like a recipe for disaster. The only thing missing from her plan is an ankle monitor like people on house arrest have to wear.

Personally, I think life in a bus style RV would be hell on earth. I've never even been tempted to vacation in one, much less live in one. I also feel really sorry for the kids who will now have their lives disrupted so mommy can chase her batsh*t crazy dream. Does she have some sort of cult following with adoring fans who will cheer on this ridiculous plan?

And what in the world is Papa land?

Am I the only one who finds these MLM schemes to be disturbing cult-like? "Sell all your things and follow me" indeed.

It's not just "cult-like." Family members have used deprogrammers to get people out of MLMs.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason-py ... u-thought/

I just got through reading her FB page and the mega FJ thread about her. She's telling people that essential oils are helping her lose weight, and they will cure the flu.

She also wants to find out how to replace her family's library visits with e-reader rentals. A commenter is gently trying to tell her that when it comes to children, going 100% e-reader has more negatives than positives, especially with beginning readers.

As a former librarian and current IT person, people are always asking when I think e-readers will fully replace books. I ask them if they have any ideas on how to get Pat the Bunny onto an e-reader.

As a former librarian and current IT person, people are always asking when I think e-readers will fully replace books. I ask them if they have any ideas on how to get Pat the Bunny onto an e-reader.

Not to mention pop-up books! :think:

For some of us, never. I've got hundreds of older books that will never (probably) see the light of day in any e-format. Ditto for music, I also have a box or more of very obscure oooooold vinyl that was never released on CD, cassette, or even 8-track. :) My sister bought me a Kindle, thinking I could declutter by converting all my old books to e-books. Didn't occur to her that I'd have to pay for them all again.

E-books are great, yes, but they will never be good at pop-ups, pull tabs, or anything tactile, whether that's Pat the Bunny, the pop-up Madeline, or just liking the feel (and smell) of a paper book.

For some of us, never. I've got hundreds of older books that will never (probably) see the light of day in any e-format. Ditto for music, I also have a box or more of very obscure oooooold vinyl that was never released on CD, cassette, or even 8-track. :) My sister bought me a Kindle, thinking I could declutter by converting all my old books to e-books. Didn't occur to her that I'd have to pay for them all again.

E-books are great, yes, but they will never be good at pop-ups, pull tabs, or anything tactile, whether that's Pat the Bunny, the pop-up Madeline, or just liking the feel (and smell) of a paper book.

I love to read in the bathtub and can never feel totally comfortable doing that with an e-reader. Also, my favorite books are so worn out in the spine that they fall open to my favorite parts. So handy!

Archived