IGNORED

Joshua Maxwell bakes cookies with Aunt Mary!

SPHASH

First baking, then haircuts. Surely they must be as bored with themselves as we are???

I know why Mary hasn't graduated yet. They simply can't find the time to make lots of lovely things for the big party for all her friends from school...waaait...that might be wrong!!! :lol:

That is just a sad and pathetic accomplishment for an 18 year old. If she had gotten a cosmetology license or whatever barber certificate you need, that I could understand. Cutting daddy and brothers' hair isn't worthy of a blog post. Tomorrow, see Mary master a nail file.

LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS MY DAUGHTER CAN DO. Won't someone please come and buy her?

I think any skill a male expresses interest in learning he's allowed to learn in Maxwell land, even if it's typically a female skill in Maxhell. Men are better at doing everything, so no need to limit what they learn.

It's just that they have more important jobs to do, so women have to take over the less important but must be done tasks like cooking and cleaning.

To be fair, the Maxwell ladies step outside the kitchen occasionally. Anna, Mary and I think even Teri were involved in Joe's house renovation. I think in the Maxwell household everyone is required to work rather than the roles necessarily being as strict as some other fundy families. Work is important. It fills your time so you don't need fun. (Didn't I just read that in an FLDS autobiography?)

To be fair, the Maxwell ladies step outside the kitchen occasionally. Anna, Mary and I think even Teri were involved in Joe's house renovation. I think in the Maxwell household everyone is required to work rather than the roles necessarily being as strict as some other fundy families. Work is important. It fills your time so you don't need fun. (Didn't I just read that in an FLDS autobiography?)

Constant work also keeps you too busy to pursue individual interests, think about who you are as a person, or determine the particulars of your current and future living arrangements.

But when the Maxwell females help out, it's never doing stuff that requires skill. Steve has invested time in teaching his sons to lay tiles and use power tools and to do plumbing and wiring. The girls tend to feature grinning manically with broom in hand. The only other things I've seen them do is painting, and scraping down Joe's popcorn ceilings (in two shirts on a forty degree day. No masks or other protective clothing though. Despite the fact that most popcorn ceilings are chock full of asbestos).

I can't even snark on this family any more. They just make me so sad. They have no joy in their lives. Jesus doesn't want you to be miserable, guys. I want to rescue every last one of them and take them to a fairly normal church and let them meet happy people who love God and do things like play baseball and whatnot.

(Having them meet happy Athiests or people from different religions, like Islam, might break them. One step at a time, guys.)

John cooks breakfast a lot, I think, and Steve is the Master Burrito Man.

Mmmmmmm, John serving me breakfast in bed after a long, hot night of........fun. ;)

Mary has not graduated yet because they want to be able to say that Teri homeschooled for 30 years. That anniversary is this September, so look for a Mary Maxwell graduation post latter this summer. After that they will revamp the materials they shill to let you know Teri homeschooled for 3 decades, therefore are experts and please buy our overpriced garbage. :roll:

Got to separate yourself from the competition.

That is just a sad and pathetic accomplishment for an 18 year old. If she had gotten a cosmetology license or whatever barber certificate you need, that I could understand. Cutting daddy and brothers' hair isn't worthy of a blog post. Tomorrow, see Mary master a nail file.

Will the day after that be: "Mary's Mastery of the Cuticle Nipper"?

:naughty: :naughty: Stevie has been editing comments again: (deleted parts in bold)

Nickie and Clarke says:

March 10, 2015 at 9:46 am

What a blessed and useful talent to have Mary!

I too cut all of our family members hair. I do short back and sides, Brazilians... It saves a fortune!

Keep up the good work!

Nickie and Clarke

Matthew 10:30 ‘But the very hairs of your head are all numbered’

So either Stevie is well a where of the famous English hair stylist, he didn't like how the helpmeet put her name before the headship or he thought they were two gays.

:naughty: :naughty: Stevie has been editing comments again: (deleted parts in bold)

Nickie and Clarke says:

I too cut all of our family members hair. I do short back and sides, Brazilians... It saves a fortune!

Keep up the good work!

Nickie and Clarke

So either Stevie is well a where of the famous English hair stylist, he didn't like how the helpmeet put her name before the headship or he thought they were two gays.

Brazilians. You are so very bad Mr. Hugh. :lol:

He also edited Johnna's comment about Trisha Yearwood's no-egg cookie dough recipe to just say "Trisha Y" because of course STEVE FORBID a secular musician is mentioned in his comments!

Nickie and Clarke says:

Keep up the good work!

Nickie and Clarke

I am still waiting to marry you, johnhugh.

Christopher and NR-Anna do not make cute kids. I always feel so awful thinking it, but Joshua is just not cute. But he is obviously taking a lot of blog/auntie time from the adorable and sparkling ABCs and it bugs me. And poor ol' Ruthanne is basically MIA and Drew is rarely seen. The ABCs are getting less individual screen time now that the grandson is on the scene

I am still waiting to marry you, johnhugh.

Christopher and NR-Anna do not make cute kids. I always feel so awful thinking it, but Joshua is just not cute. But he is obviously taking a lot of blog/auntie time from the adorable and sparkling ABCs and it bugs me. And poor ol' Ruthanne is basically MIA and Drew is rarely seen. The ABCs are getting less individual screen time now that the grandson is on the scene

Bless you for that nelliebelle1197, but its been laid on my heart to get permission from Stevie to seek a courtship with John Maxwell.

Archived