IGNORED

Warren Jeffs- Taking the Easy Way Out

So now he wants to die? Sorry, he shouldn't have that choice. All of his victims had no choice either.

Keep him alive and let him suffer.

This, at least in NC (I was a correctional officer & spent 2+ years over a shift in the hospital when inmates were being treated there). Suicide attempts & hunger strikes more than a few days or with life-threatening effects are considered diminished capacity, and the state has a responsibility to intervene to keep them alive.

The one thing I really don't get is why they published where he was being treated. Usually, they do not even acknowledge an inmate is in an outside hospital, and it seems especially risky with somebody as high profile as him.

There's your answer...

Let him starve or better yet; give him some rope. :o

Yea - I said it. Paying for him to starve himself in prison is BS. If he wants to die then they should let him do it. Starving is a horrible way to go - let him do it then.

In college I took a class on prison life, taught by a former warden. I think hunger strikes/suicide attempts are one of the cases where prisons are legally allowed to treat w/o consent. That's why I said they'll weigh him and keep him alive. This kind of thing isn't really tolerated.

The rules might vary from state to state, though.

In general a state can step in any time you are a clear and present danger to yourself.

CNN showed Gary Tuckman trying to interview his members, and they still believe he was railroaded into prison.... he had a child with a minor..... surely these members remember her age? But, then, they deliberately cut themselves off from reality, so maybe they can't count....maybe that is why they take so many wives, they lose count?

CNN showed Gary Tuckman trying to interview his members, and they still believe he was railroaded into prison.... he had a child with a minor..... surely these members remember her age? But, then, they deliberately cut themselves off from reality, so maybe they can't count....maybe that is why they take so many wives, they lose count?

I don't think child brides really bother them, or if it does either it doesn't bother enough people to make a change or speak up. That's one big reason why I think the FLDS doesn't believe WJ should be in jail. They truly don't think he did anything wrong as his religion dictates many wives and many children. I don't believe there's a minimum age in the Bible so as long as the girl can have kids she's eligible for marriage.

I believe they take so many wives due to the belief that the more wives a man has the higher his standing in heaven as they believe in a multi-tiered heaven. If you're good you go to Heaven Level 1, but if you're great you go to Heaven Level 3.

well, they can believe that more wives get them a better level in Heaven if they want.... me, I don't think that is where they are going... because I don't think that is what G*d meant when he said to LOVE the children.

Archived