IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell made a music video for Elissa!

SPHASH

I almost posted a comment from "Julie" about how there's nothing better than alpine air for singing and that having had my voice permanently damaged in a surgery mishap, it does my heart good to see somebody keeping the tradition alive...but then I remembered that The Sound of Music is definitely old enough for Steve to remember it firsthand, so I probably couldn't slip that one by him.

In light of this video, though, "Lonely Goatherd" would be a fun nickname for Joseph. Even if he's really more straight-up goat.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people would actual BUY a CD of Joseph and Elissa after listening to that sample of Joseph's voice, then I am sorry, they deserve to be parted from their money.

Read those comments carefully. They all run along the "beautiful song" or "beautiful gesture" gamut. Not one of those comments compliments his actual singing or voice. He is so bad it appears even the leghumpers may have noticed this time.

We have to remember that Stevie heavily edits all comments. What is actually posted is most likely not what was written, even by leghumpers.

We have to remember that Stevie heavily edits all comments. What is actually posted is most likely not what was written, even by leghumpers.

True, absolutely true. I am just surprised that even with the level of sheepdom AND Steve's blatant edit/rewrites that there isn't a single good word for his singing. But then, we are talking about a base of people willing to spend their limited funds on LOUSY "art" as long as it is produced by the right type of Christian.

The Maxwells have former members. See the Muncks. I am certain no one in the Maxwwell family would be allowed to associate with them.

This is a really good point. And we know from some FJers' conference reports that all this time later, with Joe happily married to someone else, Steve is still railing about Elizabeth and calling her mean names, saying her father was a liar when he said she was ready for marriage and Liz was willful and a bad Christian. Her defection caused him a narcissistic injury that he's still raging about.

Come to think of it, their father's over the top, long-lasting fury at the Munck situation pretty much guarantees that if Anna or Mary ever want out of a courtship, there's no way on earth they'd feel safe saying so. Once those kids get betrothed, they're trapped.

This is a really good point. And we know from some FJers' conference reports that all this time later, with Joe happily married to someone else, Steve is still railing about Elizabeth and calling her mean names, saying her father was a liar when he said she was ready for marriage and Liz was willful and a bad Christian. Her defection caused him a narcissistic injury that he's still raging about.

Come to think of it, their father's over the top, long-lasting fury at the Munck situation pretty much guarantees that if Anna or Mary ever want out of a courtship, there's no way on earth they'd feel safe saying so. Once those kids get betrothed, they're trapped.

The bolded made me double-take because I did not know that. Not that I'm surprised. I did a quick search and apparently I missed a Maxwell Conference thread. How did that happen? :pink-shock:

In case others missed the thread too, the Munck-bashing (not by name) is described by AllisonWndrland in her second post on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23417&hilit=Maxwell+conference&start=120

It's an amazingly detailed report overall.

I still don't understand how they defend editing comments as much as they do. It's clearly "bearing false witness", so a form of lying.

It occurred to me that if they edit comments on the blog, they probably edit all those glowing reviews they post. I always figured they were written by Maxwells (as in, I'm a homeschooling mom and I love this product - actually Melanie), but now I wonder if they just make them up out of whole cloth.

I still don't understand how they defend editing comments as much as they do. It's clearly "bearing false witness", so a form of lying.

It occurred to me that if they edit comments on the blog, they probably edit all those glowing reviews they post. I always figured they were written by Maxwells (as in, I'm a homeschooling mom and I love this product - actually Melanie), but now I wonder if they just make them up out of whole cloth.

I don't think they've ever admitted to editing comments. We here at FJ know that they do because several of us have commented on their blog and have seen our comments appear edited on their blog.

Boo, Stevie! We see it all. :nenner:

I once left a comment, which was a question. I not only didn't get an answer, they edited MY NAME, they just freaking tailored my name.

I once left a comment, which was a question. I not only didn't get an answer, they edited MY NAME, they just freaking tailored my name.

Yes if you leave an abbreviated name, or a unisex name, they'll fix that for you lol

They edited a comment I left to make it say the opposite of what I really said. I'm sure Steve finds a way to justify his lying and the adult children never know the real comments.

Yes if you leave an abbreviated name, or a unisex name, they'll fix that for you lol

:oops: Who the hell do they think they are?! Editing people's names?! What would they say if I decided I didn't like Sarah's name and called her "Sad Cow" in public, consistently?

:oops: Who the hell do they think they are?! Editing people's names?! What would they say if I decided I didn't like Sarah's name and called her "Sad Cow" in public, consistently?

PS My name is a version of "Mary" or "Mariah". They decided it was too groovy and they changed it to Mary. What shall I do? They don't approve of my name, so probably god either. Shall go ahead and change my name?

Next time I leave a comment, I'll be calling steve PEPSI.

Re: the bolded, it's not just getting out of a courtship but also getting in, particularly for the girls. I bet Steveovah has tightened the reins big time in order to avoid such a blow to his ego failed courtship / engagement again. He was able to find a Maxhell approved spouse who happened to also come from a family just as insular, I am referring to Elissa's comment from same conference about having friends outside of family (hint: it was not a good thing :wtf:). How many such likeminded people is he going to find? His requirements are so tight and even tighter now after the Liz debacle, it's got to be nearly impossible now. Especially for the girls, because with the boys, the wife will move to the compound where Steveovah rules all, that's understood. But husbands for the girls, the guy has to meet all of Steveovah's standards, and be self employed, be able to buy a house with no debt in approved proximity to the gulag Maxhell compound, relocate to the same, which could be an issue if his self employment is dependent on a local customer base so he may to start over after moving, if he can at all, which of course, would not be OK with Steveovah because then he has no or too limited income to support wife and additions to the cult family, and you get the idea. It's going to be darn impossible.

Nathan was the luckiest one as far as marrying IMHO. He got out before the crazy fully took hold. Too bad it didn't happen for Sarah back then.

And his railings over the Liz situation in public at conferences only shows what a tremendous blow it was for Steveovah, to be a fly on the wall, when the Muncks broke the news. Never mind Joseph, who had to be disappointed to be sure but now has moved on, yet Steveovah rants on in spite of things working out in the end for his son, plus his daughter in law has to hear it? :angry-banghead:

PS My name is a version of "Mary" or "Mariah". They decided it was too groovy and they changed it to Mary. What shall I do? They don't approve of my name, so probably god either. Shall go ahead and change my name?

Next time I leave a comment, I'll be calling steve PEPSI.

:soda:

That public allusion to Joseph's courtship only reinforces how completely unhinged Steve is. The mask slipped and the narcissistic megalomaniac was in full view. I can't even imagine how incredibly hurtful that had to be for Elissa to have to listen to. Whatever else that courtship and marriage is, they both seem to adore each other at this moment in time. Yet Steve can't seem to let that blow to his massive ego pass, and has to take pot shots at the Muncks in public. Hey Steve, you only make the Muncks look even more justified in ending that engagement, and you humiliate your son and daughter-in-law. Stop it. Just stop it.

I just watched the video and both of my dogs sat up and looked at the screen. I think their ears hurt.

Steve is a hypocrite who has emotionally stunted his children, will try to do the same to the grandchildren as well.. Someone needs to stand up to his bullying but I doubt if any of the children will.

That public allusion to Joseph's courtship only reinforces how completely unhinged Steve is. The mask slipped and the narcissistic megalomaniac was in full view. I can't even imagine how incredibly hurtful that had to be for Elissa to have to listen to. Whatever else that courtship and marriage is, they both seem to adore each other at this moment in time. Yet Steve can't seem to let that blow to his massive ego pass, and has to take pot shots at the Muncks in public. Hey Steve, you only make the Muncks look even more justified in ending that engagement, and you humiliate your son and daughter-in-law. Stop it. Just stop it.

He could have been referring to Christopher's failed courtship as well as Joseph and Elizabeth Munck. They tried to sweep that one under the rug too.

So he is complaining about defrauding with intent about courting and marriage and a father supposedly misrepresenting his daughter as a model Maxwell bride. If he is complaining about Sarah Smith/Christopher -- we don't know who called that one off. Suffice it to say she had a very lucky escape if Steve deemed her unworthy and I'm sure she knows that. I wish Sarah well in her new marriage.

If he is talking about Elizabeth Munck, then he is rewriting history in a very dishonest way. The Maxwells were all gung-ho about that marriage until Elizabeth called it off decisively just before the wedding. Not Joseph Steve. Both Munck and Maxwell families agreed on that at the time. How dare he question her decision. It was a massive and unprecedented blow to Steve's ego and it took a young woman to deliver it. He should be glad that Elizabeth backed out of the marriage if she was at all unsure - not criticizing her for doing so.

I'm sure the failed courtships were presented to Anna and Elissa as Satan at work against Maxwell virtue. God intervened in the nick of time and Chris and Joe had lucky escapes from devil brides. God saved them for the virtuous wives instead so Elissa could well be feeling smug not humiliated.

I wonder if the little bit of chub? flesh? extra weight Joe is carrying is because he is now getting fed by Elissa? Maybe now he is having actual adult sized portions. Maybe they have dessert every night. ssssh. :o

I wonder if the little bit of chub? flesh? extra weight Joe is carrying is because he is now getting fed by Elissa? Maybe now he is having actual adult sized portions. Maybe they have dessert every night. ssssh. :o

Probably, and I highly doubt they would limit themselves to two animal crackers.

Christopher did break if off but he was probably influenced by Daddy Steve when he did so. It wouldn't be solely Christopher's decision I would think.

Still I suspect the reference was to Liz. If the broken engagement with Sarah was enough to put Steveovah over the edge, he would have ranted about it at earlier conferences which would have been likely reported here. Plus the fact that it happened at the eleventh hour, it would be a shock in any wedding situation but in Steve's world, it must have been like getting nuked. I can envision that little mushroom cloud over the Maxhell compound.

Christopher brook off the engagement to Sarah Smith, not the other way around.

That's why I think Steve's ranting about Sarah and not Elizabeth. Even though they've scrubbed the blog, some of the faithful probably remembers that it was Elizabeth that bailed just before the wedding, which has to be humiliating for the the Maxwell brand. Even though Steve likes to revise history, I don't think he'd want to bring it up again. Instead, he gets to paint Sarah's father as the devil for trying to deceive them but through the grace of god, they found out the truth. Their way is the path of righteousness. Win for the Maxwells.

Christopher brook off the engagement to Sarah Smith, not the other way around.

Sarah Smith had two failed engagements. The one she wrote about being broken off by the man/family was definitely to the other guy, not Christopher. I don't think she ever wrote about the earlier Maxwell lucky escape. Nor did they ever comment on it. Here is the thread on Yuku.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3915#.VOPAIMstFjp

But I agree that Steve is probably trashing the Muncks here because the humiliation is fresher in his nasty controlling mind.

ETA Clarification and link.

Archived