IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell made a music video for Elissa!

SPHASH

Would the Maxwells ever entertain the notion that it may not be a good idea to keep pumping out the baybeez at the expense of possibly disabling the mother?

No, they would not. They are damn lucky Terri never snapped and hurt herself or the children after being compelled to have more than 5 additional pregnancies with untreated depression. A problem she and Steve knew she had, knew was affecting her adversely, and yet they still continued having more children.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they would not. They are damn lucky Terri never snapped and hurt herself or the children after being compelled to have more than 5 additional pregnancies with untreated depression. A problem she and Steve knew she had, knew was affecting her adversely, and yet they still continued having more children.

Of course they wouldn't. Sometimes I think some of these fundies actually WANT a woman to lose her life as a result of risky pregnancy. What could be more godly than a mommy-martyr?

I agree. Also, look at the difficulties Melanie has with each pregnancy and delivery. She is basically unable to mother her children each time she is pregnant and then for quite a while after each delivery. It always makes me sad that they don't seem to consider what each of Melanie's pregnancies does to the children she already has.

I agree. Also, look at the difficulties Melanie has with each pregnancy and delivery. She is basically unable to mother her children each time she is pregnant and then for quite a while after each delivery. It always makes me sad that they don't seem to consider what each of Melanie's pregnancies does to the children she already has.

Exactly. You can tell in the pictures that this last birth has taken a lot out of her. I get that she may want more kids, but she is wrecking herself more with each additional pregnancy and delivery. If Nathan were a real man and could think for himself, he would march himself to a doctor and get a vasectomy whether Melanie agreed or not. It would be something she could not overrule as it is his body, and it would save her health and well being. Yes, its drastic to do something like that, but they have four children they need to raise that are here right now.

But he won't, and she won't consider stopping, because like Sparkles said mommy-martyrdom is something these twits embrace.

Exactly. You can tell in the pictures that this last birth has taken a lot out of her. I get that she may want more kids herself, but she is wrecking herself more with each additional pregnancy and delivery. If Nathan were a real man and could think for himself, he would march himself to a doctor and get a vasectomy whether Melanie agreed or not. It would be something she could not overrule as it is hisbody, and it would save her health and well being. Yes, its drastic to do something like that, but they have four children they need to raise that are here right now.

But he won't, and she won't consider stopping, because like Sparkles said mommy-martyrdom is something these twits embrace.

Not necessarily. My husband had a vasectomny and I had to sign off on the paperwork as the spousal approval. Not sure if this varies by state or not, or maybe just by healthcare provider (the doc doing the snipping).

Not necessarily. My husband had a vasectomny and I had to sign off on the paperwork as the spousal approval. Not sure if this varies by state or not, or maybe just by healthcare provider (the doc doing the snipping).

That's definitely by provider. Also, what the hell kind of clinic requires anyone to ask spousal permission/approval before surgery? Obviously such a decision should be discussed, but at the end of the day, it's his body. If we reverse genders, I shouldn't have to get permission to get my tubes tied, either.

That's definitely by provider. Also, what the hell kind of clinic requires anyone to ask spousal permission/approval before surgery? Obviously such a decision should be discussed, but at the end of the day, it's his body. If we reverse genders, I shouldn't have to get permission to get my tubes tied, either.

I don't know. But it seems to be Washington State -- I've seen it over and over with my friends' husbands and also another male friend who was single (divorced) who had to certify he was not married before he could have the procedure done.

No, here you do not need your wife's permission, as I know someone who took this drastic step when his wife wanted to continue having children regardless of whether their finances or house could support more. It was extreme, but in the end it was the only solution that kept their family a manageable size in regard to their income. They were not yet even facing problems with the wife's health like the Maxwells.

They would NEVER consider Melanie's health when it comes to each pregnancy. All they would care about is having another grandchild. I wonder if deep inside she wanted to stop after Bethany but didn't cause she knew that Steve would be mad and say something to either her or Nathan. But I said it before and I will say it again, most people who have had a health history like hers would have stopped after 1 or 2 kids cause they don't want to put their health at risk.

Archived