IGNORED

STAR TREK

Lillybee

On 4/6/2016 at 7:33 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm reserving judgement on the new series, though I'm annoyed that it is only going to be available by subscription, which I see as a big cash grab.

Meh, I'd rather everything go to subscription. I'm never going to go back to paying a media(cable) conglomerate so they can make money off of me twice. Once with the subscription and fees, and then again with the advertising. And commercial breaks ruin everything. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some casting announcements for the new series. Michelle Yeoh, Doug Jones, and Anthony Rapp are going to be on the new show.  It was supposed to start in January, but has been pushed back to May 2017.

Jones will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet science officer and an alien species new to the Star Trek universe. He is a respected actor with a large following of sci-fi and horror fans as a result of his creature performances in the likes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hellboy, Legion, Pan’s Labyrinth and The Strain. 

Yeoh is set to play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet captain aboard the starship Shenzhou. She is an internationally known actress and action star whose many credits include Tomorrow Never Dies and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. 

Rapp will beam aboard as Lt. Stamets, an astromycologist, fungus expert and Starfleet science officer on the starship Discovery. He is best known for his stage work in such Broadway productions as Rent, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown and If/Then, and also counts among his films credits School Ties, A Beautiful Mind and Rent.

Star Trek: Discovery is coming to CBS All Access in May 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network, and will be distributed concurrently on Netflix in 188 countries and through Bell Media in Canada.

• 2 months later...

Any Star Trek fans? Yes

What's your favorite series? Voyager and TNG

Who're your favorite characters?  Picard,  Troi, Riker, Data, Paris, Chakotay. 

Favorite episodes? Pilot of Voyager

What're your thoughts on the latest movies/the new online only show? Don't like them, but I'm looking foward to the new series "Discovery".

Any Star Trek fans? Yay! I found the Star Trek bit on here :D

What's your favorite series? TNG

Who're your favorite characters?  Hands down Picard is the best. Also Data. I think Sulu is the best guy from TOS.

Favorite episodes? The Measure of a Man

What're your thoughts on the latest movies/the new online only show? Not seen the online bit but the movies are ok I guess. Possibly because of Benedict Cumberbatch :P

Archived