IGNORED

STAR TREK

Lillybee

I know that this is not too current but come on there must be a ton of fans for these shows.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, although I like some versions better than others. I have only ever watched the original sporadically. LOVE TNG. I loved DS9 in the beginning, but they started serializing it more and it was hard to follow and I wasn't home to watch it every week, so I lost interest. Liked Voyager, and felt that its characters and storylines had potential, but the acting was so bad (except for Janeway and the Doctor) that I sometimes got frustrated.

Never really watched "Enterprise" other than the first episode. I think I was just Trekked out at that point.

Enjoyed TOS, loved TNG, hated DS9, and like Voyager. Never watched Enterprise.

I think the movies were ok. Loved Generations and Save the Whales.

Loved the newest ST. Zachary Quinto was a young Spock, spot on, and Chris Pine...well he could be my captain if I was 40 years younger.

Live long and prosper :dance:

Peace, and Long Life!

I haven't seen much of the original series, aside from the movies - my favourite was Wrath of Khan.

I liked The Next Generation - and having seen the movies again, my favourite is by far Insurrection!!! :banana-dance:

I have to say I did like Deep Space Nine as well

And I LOVE Voyager lol. Aside from those weird aliens who harvest organs and have a disease.....what are they called? Vidiians, I think.

Liked the original series and TNG, loved DS9. Voyager is... hit and miss for me. Favorite movies are Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, First Contact and the Reboot.

The Reboot? I loved the plot, but they RUINED SPOCK!

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!

*ahem*

What, in particular, did you think ruined him?

I have heard rumors that there may be another movie after the reboot.. One can only hope. My oldest son and I have a standing date to see each new Star Trek movie.

The Reboot? I loved the plot, but they RUINED SPOCK!

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!

*ahem*

What, in particular, did you think ruined him?

They gave him emotional outbursts! :cry:

I loved the reboot. One thing I particularly liked about it is that they managed to re-tell the original story without actually destroying the original. The whole alternate timeline thing is a little weird, but at least you can explain why the characters and events are different without totally disregarding the original story. Plus the hot boyz didn't hurt :D

I really liked Voyager back in the day. It was the only series that I actually started watching while it was airing on TV, before they were syndicated. I really liked the premise of the story, and I liked the Maquis. The Federation is very noble and all that, but they can be pretty damn boring too. I've seen most (if not all) of DS9 and many episodes from TNG. I didn't like TNG all that much, but I think the production values had a lot to do with that. Even centuries into the future, the 80s still come through loud and clear...

Big fan of ST, STTNG and DS9. Voyager was okay...Enterprise...meh.. Loved all the ST Movies. The new ST Movie was nice but different. Chris Pine makes a gorgeous Capt Kirk...but William Shatner, the Kirk I grew up with, will always be my favorite.

• 4 years later...

Any Star Trek fans?

• What's your favorite series? 
  • Who're your favorite characters?
  • Favorite episodes?

What're your thoughts on the latest movies/the new online only show?

Ooooh...

I like the original the best, with TNG second. Voyager sucked, DS9 was ok and Enterprise was lame.Favorite characters? Spock and Uhura. My all time favorite episode is "The Trouble with Tribbles"...behind that, anything with Harry Mudd. 

The new movies are pretty good...I think the cast captured the essence of Kirk, Spock, Bones and the rest. The new online show? We shall see. 

Next Generation is my favorite. I had a childhood cat named Tribble. I admit I loved the episodes in the original series with all the hokey aliens, especially when they turn out to be people who became famous actors a few years later. A young Joan Collins, Mariel Hartley(?), and others I can't recall now. Maybe the episode with the children who are hundreds of years old,

I enjoy the new movies. I think Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are way better actors than the originals, beloved as they are.

Any Star Trek fans? Yes

What's your favorite series? TNG

Who're your favorite characters? Picard and Data

Favorite episodes? Anything with Q in it :)

What're your thoughts on the latest movies/the new online only show? Liked the movies, but they aren't anything like ST in my mind. Too much action and pewpew, not enough discussion and analysis. 

Not interested in the new show yet, I'll have Mr. Charlie rip it and check it out.

LLAP

I really loved DS9 and Dax was definitely my favorite character (Jadzia, I hated the replacement).  I despised Enterprise but have a campy love for voyager.

I wish they'd do a new show in the same vein as DS9 or Voyager.  I dont want a throwback or a rewrite, just good old fashioned serials where they fly through space fighting off the borg. 

16 minutes ago, aquitana said:

I did have a crush on Chechov from the original as a kid.

And Jean Luc Picard always made me happy, and the empath woman form TNG

Deanna Troi.

I was a TNG and Jean-Luc fan too.

My fav episode was a space-time continuum one, Yesterday's Enterprise (?) or Tomorrow's Enterprise(?).  

56 minutes ago, aquitana said:

I did have a crush on Chechov from the original as a kid.

And Jean Luc Picard always made me happy, and the empath woman form TNG

Lots of us girls crushed on Chekhov back in the day.

Any Star Trek fans? Yes

What's your favorite series? My dad and I used to watch every episode of the original together during its initial run so it ranks right up there for sentimental reasons. It seems a bit goofy now. I think TNG would take first place overall, especially once Rodenberry wasn't running it. Some of the eps in the first few seasons were positively painful and cringeworthy. I quit DS9 after a few seasons, watched a few eps of Voyager (can't stand Kate Mulgrew) and never saw Enterprise.

Who're your favorite characters? McCoy, Q, Worf ("I am NOT a merry man!), Picard, of course. I also loved Majel Barrett as Number One in the original pilot (reworked as "The Cage"). She kicked some serious butt. Most Annoying: Deanna "Counselor Obvious" Troi. 

Favorite episodes? The Inner Light, no question

What're your thoughts on the latest movies/the new online only show? I quit the original movies after the third one but loved the reboot. I'd give a new series a chance.

I'd say the original series and TNG are my favorites, but I didn't really watch much of Enterprise.

My favorite characters are Picard and Worf "I'm NOT a merry man!" My favorite episode is The Inner Light, and others I still love to watch are the ones with Q in them.

As for the reboot, I didn't care for it that much since when you think that the structure of Starfleet was based off of the navy, an academy graduate wouldn't be given the rank of Captain so quickly even in wartime. Gene Roddenberry did serve in the US navy before he started in television.

Love pretty much all things Star Trek (except for a couple of the movies).  I told my husband if I am ever incapacitated and stuck in bed, just keep Star Trek rolling...

Favorite is probably Voyager; I tend to rewatch that one most often.  Also like TNG and Enterprise.  Liked DS9, but have not really had the urge to rewatch it; maybe when more time has passed.

I missed something - there's a new online-only version?  What?!?

Archived