IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

Or at the expense of Daddy Shraders church. :evil-eye: The parts required for mending the water pump may not be easily available?

John may have offended his landlady in someway?

Has John published a newsletter recently?

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has John said anything about his BIL Josh Duggar being an admitted pervert?

I think the situation with the landlady was sketch as hell to begin with. They gave her like 6 months rent up front to complete the house, and I don't think it was ever really done to the level they were expecting. They still have barely-finished floors/ceilings/walls, and had to buy all appliances and stuff themselves. It's just a consequence of John's lack of planning and terrible stewardship of other people's money.

On the bolded, this is Zambia. If they want expensive western mod cons, they will not be included in the rent in most rental houses.

Otherwise, I think the landlady laughed her way to the bank at the initial deal. John is a naïve sucker who was splashing (other peoples') cash around indiscriminately so why shouldn't she get some of it?

She may indeed be trying to make him uncomfortable enough to move out now. Especially if he is behind on his rent. The cash flow has dried up.

Johns landlady may have heard about the shrader money troubles. She won't want to land herself with large repair bills when there is a possibility of the rent being behind or possibly not being paid at all.

If he has, his landlady and the rest of his little congregation may be concerned and be glad to get rid of John.

Just speculating :?

Nope. Unless he posted something last Friday night (I can't get his older entries to load on my phone), he hasn't said anything about it. I'm sure he has heard about what happened...they may not have water, but they definitely have internet.

I kind of wish someone would ask him about it, like they did with the plane.

Shraders have been without water for a week or so because the pump is broken, and his landlady is dragging her feet. So that puts them in the same boat as ~half the residents of the Kafue river basin, who have never had reliable water access. They would like your prayers.

Also, John brought a "wagon" with them to Zambia (more like a small cart), but it has been basically trashed by wear and tear, so he decided to build another one. It came together pretty well, we'll see if it lasts. He says it's just so hard to know what to bring with you when you go to another country that you've never lived in before. Especially hard when you don't listen to your most reliable sources - the people who already live there.

But they're heathens, so I don't need to listen to them, Jesus will help me.

Today in facebook, John posted a big whine Pray for me I've been mistreated where he blames the Rea family for lying about him and costing him his sending church and many of his donors. How dare they, when his sister was dying? How godly he must become to get past all the lies and sins against him without becoming bitter.

https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125?fref=ts

Oh, I think John is bitter. And he is only going to get more bitter as the funds continue to dry up. He accomplished so little with all the money he was given.

Today in facebook, John posted a big whine Pray for me I've been mistreated where he blames the Rea family for lying about him and costing him his sending church and many of his donors. How dare they, when his sister was dying? How godly he must become to get past all the lies and sins against him without becoming bitter.

https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125?fref=ts

Did he really call them out by name and go into detail about what happened? He refrained from outright saying it before, but now he's losing composure... yeah, things are going bad quickly. Now to watch the drawn-out, graceless end.

:trainwreck:

Here it is from his public facebook. THere is much more, but this is the "poor mistreated me " section. It makes me think his failure is speeding toward him and he's casting blame for why his Zambian Adventure is cut short on all the bad mean other people who lied about him. And he's naming names....

The sad situation that led to the need for us to have to change our sending church, along with the accusations against us of preaching a false gospel that came from that former church and the Rea family, was truly a terrible thing to endure.

When people you deeply love turn against you, and even worse, accuse you of believing and preaching a false gospel, it hurts more than you can imagine. When the 5 page letter from the leadership of that former church was sent to all our supporters, as well as a nation-wide email list, resulting in loss of support, that was one of the hardest things we've ever experienced. When people we love began writing us saying hurtful things having believed the false accusations against us, and began distancing themselves from us, it was heartbreaking.

All of this happened while my sister was dying of cancer.

It was a terrible time for my wife and I.

Then, later

Please pray that I will have a gracious spirit towards those like the Rea family, that though they have told us things like we don't even have the Gospel in our tracts, among other things, that we will have the Love of God towards them.

Please pray that God renews a right spirit in me towards the Reas and the leadership and members of our former sending church, as well as those who've dropped our support.

A five page letter and a nation wide email list? Damn! John made somebody mad. I'm not surprised, though. John is one of those people who goes through life taking everything he can and not showing any consideration for others. And there is a reason people easily believed what Rea and the sending church was telling them. John lived his life in such a way that people didn't have any probably believing what was in those letters and emails.

I'd love to see that letter and email.

It is not as though John was an unknown quantity to them. Rea was hand-in-glove with John for +/- 5 years, went to Burundi with him and also behaved stupidly, and both families spent the winter living in the church basement before John left for Zambia. Rea and the pastor knew John well

I'd also think there were some attempts to remonstrate with John before he got dumped and the letter sent out. The thing that puzzles me is - what exactly was the straw that broke the camel's back with Rea and the sending church? Was it the famed doctrinal differences, John's grifting and grasping, or some massive personal quarrel?

I have a hard time believing it was just the doctrinal difference that caused this breach. I think John is using it as a cover for something else.

I have a hard time believing it was just the doctrinal difference that caused this breach. I think John is using it as a cover for something else.

Perhaps they found out that there never was a plane!

I'd love to see that letter and email.

It is not as though John was an unknown quantity to them. Rea was hand-in-glove with John for +/- 5 years, went to Burundi with him and also behaved stupidly, and both families spent the winter living in the church basement before John left for Zambia. Rea and the pastor knew John well

I'd also think there were some attempts to remonstrate with John before he got dumped and the letter sent out. The thing that puzzles me is - what exactly was the straw that broke the camel's back with Rea and the sending church? Was it the famed doctrinal differences, John's grifting and grasping, or some massive personal quarrel?

I would love to see that letter and email too. I think a lot more went on then John is admitting.

All of this happened while my sister was dying of cancer.

Of course, as additional insurance to make people understand how hardly done by he is, he just has to mention Sarah's illness to top it all off.

He disgusts me, as does his father, as both are happy to use Sarah's name to gain leverage, sympathy and even money as this whole pathetic saga slowly unfolds. Truly despicable people, and all in the name of God, in a country already with a large Christian population. There is nothing remotely Christian in their simpering, grasping, obfuscating ways. Not in the true sense of Christianity, anyway. Sadly it is common among these "holier than thou" fundy types though.

ETA: Nothing would please me more than to see him dragged back to the US to face charges of misappropriating funds, fraud, or even theft. Whatever the original sending church can dream up. It would be concerning for Esther and the kids, but I am sure they would be cared for by the Schraders and Kellers.

Did he take down his FB posts? I can't find any old or new posts.

I can't see them either. I think you have to be his Facebook friend to see them, could be wrong though.

Was there ever a plane? If so was it really locked up?

Why did john take flying lessons? What was the cost?

Where did the 15 thousand dollars given for the plane go?

So many questions???

The whole thing just reeks of rip off, scandal and utter bulls***t

So many questions???

He did get his pilot license

24 days left to raise $27,500 and only $50 pledged so far. Bwahahahahaha!

So many questions???

IMO there is a plane. Someone in Zambia wanted to get rid of a plane fast(probably isn't the greatest plane in the world) and knew John would be the perfect one to take it. John got some gullible soul to give $15,000 to buy the plane that he had never seen and then pay for his pilot license. But as much as John like to act like the plane was his, I bet it was really given to Team Zambia. Things started unraveling quickly with TZ when John arrived on the "mission field." and Rea wouldn't let him have the plane because Rea seemed to get control of Team Zambia missions. John might have thought that when Rea got to Zambia he could convince him to turn over the plane. The plane is "locked up" in the sense that John is barred from getting it and Rea is the "key" to letting John finally get his plane. I could be wrong, but I bet that is close to the truth or at least closer to the truth than what John is saying.

They went to Zambia on June 6th, 2014. He has been there for a full year now. What exactly has he accomplished?

*cricket noises*

Today I told my headship about Shrader. Failed job after failed job, moving his family into a pop-up camper on deputation, then given thousands of dollars for the mission and squandering all of it, all with zero regard for his family.

His reaction: This is Angela's Ashes: Africa Edition :shock:

Archived