IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

John Shrader: supplier of sanctified loo paper to Zambia. And beyond.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to all that paper that someone worked for a year to pay for? It doesn't seem like David got it so I wonder what happened to it.

What happened to all that paper that someone worked for a year to pay for? It doesn't seem like David got it so I wonder what happened to it.

I thought it was the printer the guy worked to earn the money for.

John Shrader: supplier of sanctified loo paper to Zambia. And beyond.

I vote to have "sanctified paper supplier" as a post count title.

ETA: Hee-Hee, that is my 666th post!

I thought it was the printer the guy worked to earn the money for.

I looked back and some guy worked overtime to buy 2 tons of paper and a printer.

I looked back and some guy worked overtime to buy 2 tons of paper and a printer.

Yes, it was the same guy.

Yes, it was the same guy.

I'm forgetting - since John misplaces so many important things like planes, large storage containers, logical thinking, a work ethic, etc. - what happened to his printing press? Is it also sitting on a tarmac somewhere, most likely rusted to hell and back?

The poor precious sap who worked his ass off to buy it for Grifter must be spitting nails by now. Hopefully he is smarter than John (who isn't?) and has learned his lesson. A hard and expensive lesson to learn, though.

Did John ever have an actual printing press? I'm sure he talked about buying one, but I think he just ended up getting the multi-function copier. I'm actually amazed they got the copier to run reliably enough to print anything, but with the maintenance those things require, it probably won't last.

I hope they didn't pay to ship 2 tons of paper to Zambia. I know some marketing departments that don't ship paper home from conferences because it is cheaper to reprint than to pay shipping across the country, much less shipping blank paper from the US to Zambia.

I wonder if John used all the money that Team Zambia raised on himself and his toys? Then left the Rhea's without anything. I would not put it passed him-since he is so special :laughing-lettersrofl:

Wow! What's the difference?

Zambia probably still uses the old British Imperial sizes: foolscap/folio and quarto.

It's OK though. John also shipped that giant grifted paper cutter to Zambia.

Why didn't John just print the tracts in the states then put them in the container?

Why didn't John just print the tracts in the states then put them in the container?

Silly. Then how can he grift money for a printer and buy toys? :wink-kitty:

Maybe he could solve all his financial problems by printing money.

Good one :clap:

1) John has posted a picture of something he has long wanted in Zambia and now, finally, has. A Donation Box. Is it normal for missionaries to expect local church attendees to donate? Just curious.

2) If his printer is anything like the one I use at my office, it would easily take whatever paper size he programmed it to take.

IME missionaries are supposed to have get the support they need from churches in America, not the people they are going to minister to. I think this is another sign that John is not doing well financially.

1) John has posted a picture of something he has long wanted in Zambia and now, finally, has. A Donation Box. Is it normal for missionaries to expect local church attendees to donate? Just curious.

2) If his printer is anything like the one I use at my office, it would easily take whatever paper size he programmed it to take.

At least in Kenya and Tanzania, if he in there on a missionary VISA either medical or religion he can not ask the locals for support, end of story! That can get him sent home ASAP. If you are offered gifts they can be excepted but not asked for, I have had a number of chickens given to me after a birth along with other food & vegetables, we usually give them to the clinic that we are working in. I do not know the rules in Zambia, however I think that they are the same.

John will not last another year in Zambia. He appears to be in so much trouble financially between between his dad scrambling for support and soliciting donations from locals. There's been too many problems thus far, I can't see him lasting long. Suspect the donations for Sarah's family and from the locals are a last ditch effort to keep things going.

John is an idiot. He deserves to be kicked out of Zambia. Do feel for Esther and the kids, though. The whole situation is FUBAR.

John will not last another year in Zambia. He appears to be in so much trouble financially between between his dad scrambling for support and soliciting donations from locals. There's been too many problems thus far, I can't see him lasting long. Suspect the donations for Sarah's family and from the locals are a last ditch effort to keep things going.

John is an idiot. He deserves to be kicked out of Zambia. Do feel for Esther and the kids, though. The whole situation is FUBAR.

I was thinking that he might make it another year, but if he is having to resort to trying to get locals to give him money I really think he is in horrible shape financially and has lost too many donor churches to continue on. And it isn't like he is going to have a lot of luck coming back to America and traveling to get more support. All these churches are going to realize that he was given so much and accomplished so little.

The zambian wage packets are not huge. Johns small congregation will not be able to fund his large ( and growing?) family.

Many Zambian wage earners are supporting elderly parents/grandparents as well as their own immediate family.

Young men we met were also helping to put their married siblings children through school.

How dare John ask for donations. He really is scraping the barrel now.

He needs to pack up, donate his toys etc to the locals, sell his troopie to pay for plane tickets home and leave Zambia ASAP.

I'm feeling very cross now. :pull-hair:

I agree. John should sell up and come home now before things get even worse financially. And he really should stop grifting from Zambians. Jesus wept.

I seriously doubt he'll be deported just for putting out a donation box, but I hope he doesn't do anything else so stupid. It is just a matter of time before he has to leave.

Oh, horrors. Just think how John would present getting deported from Zambia to his followers and the media? Satan at work in Africa! Christian Missionary deported for trying to share his faith.

Persecution !!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!!!!

Archived