IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

It is pretty easy to find and is public so I'm guessing it is okay to post the link.

youcaring.com/mission-trip-fundraiser/gospel-tracts-for-teamzambia-shraders/344817

Not one itty bitty mention of Sarah.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now he is saying on his facebook that his father is trying to set up a memorial for his sister but is having difficulties doing it. So John has set up a youcaring page for donations! Guess where the donations are being sent! To John to pay for printing tracks!

Does that man ever do anything for others??

John really seems to be tonedeaf and doesn't seem to be aware that you profitting of your sister's death come across and very distasteful and explotive!

To be completely fair, the youcaring page doesn't mention Sarah Waller at all.* So no obvious profiting off Sarah's death. Rick could certainly direct donations in Sarah's memory to John's moochinary activities there though.

The page does exploit Roderick's converted smiling face, and promises that all funds will go towards printing those all important tracts. So people can fund John to litter his area of Zambia, and beyond, with the right-kind-of-Christian waste paper. Of course, John can still spend the money any way he pleases. He hasn't bought a microwave yet, has he?

*I'm being very persnickety here, but John gives us ample ammunition to criticize his utter tastelessness and greed without jumping to conclusions on the contents of his youcaring page. :)

To be completely fair, the youcaring page doesn't mention Sarah Waller at all.* So no obvious profiting off Sarah's death. Rick could certainly direct donations in Sarah's memory to John's moochinary activities there though.

The page does exploit Roderick's converted smiling face, and promises that all funds will go towards printing those all important tracts. So people can fund John to litter his area of Zambia, and beyond, with the right-kind-of-Christian waste paper. Of course, John can still spend the money any way he pleases. He hasn't bought a microwave yet, has he?

*I'm being very persnickety here, but John gives us ample ammunition to criticize his utter tastelessness and greed without jumping to conclusions on the contents of his youcaring page. :)

John setting up this page to fund his printing ministry makes me think that he has lost a lot of monthly church support and is in need of money. He seems to have arrived in Zambia with a good bit of money, but he also has spent it foolishly. It is telling that he hasn't received enough church support to fund his mission trip so he has had to resort to an online begging bowl. I would love to know the state of his finances.

John setting up this page to fund his printing ministry makes me think that he has lost a lot of monthly church support and is in need of money. He seems to have arrived in Zambia with a good bit of money, but he also has spent it foolishly. It is telling that he hasn't received enough church support to fund his mission trip so he has had to resort to an online begging bowl. I would love to know the state of his finances.

This leads me to believe that Papa Grifter's church is either not able or not willing to fully support Grifter Jr. in his failed missionary endeavor and John is getting desperate. Good. I hope the clock is ticking for him. And I hope that he gets not one single penny from the youcaring page.

I wish there was a way to figure out how many supporting churches John has left. When he first arrived he talked about losing substantial support and he probably lost a bunch of churches when he lost his sending church so I bet he only has a handful of churches left. Churches(at least IME) usually vote to continue supporting a missionary after a year and that year is rapidly approaching. John has really nothing to show for his time on the mission field and it could very well be that some of the remaining churches felt like they must fulfill their year obligation and then vote to not continue sending support. I don't think the online begging will work that well either, but at the same time, John is not coming home unless he is kicked out of Zambia so it isn't like he is going to realize that he doesn't have the funds to continue and come home to work a real job. It will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

How will he be able to continue on in Zambia without support? I cannot imagine this dufus has any savings of his own, and we all know that work is beneath him. Unless he has a steady stream of income, I picture Grifty, Esther and the kiddos hopping on a plane back to the States pretty quick after their luxurious lifestyle dries up.

Now he is saying on his facebook that his father is trying to set up a memorial for his sister but is having difficulties doing it. So John has set up a youcaring page for donations! Guess where the donations are being sent! To John to pay for printing tracks!

Does that man ever do anything for others??

John really seems to be tonedeaf and doesn't seem to be aware that you profitting of your sister's death come across and very distasteful and explotive!

He's certainly being vague with the wording. He almost makes it sound like the fundraiser for his tracts is just a "test" for the fundraiser they hope to set up to honor Sarah. But of course that makes no sense. And Rick has not mentioned anything about setting up a fundraiser in Sarah's memory. John just wants to play off people's feelings of sympathy over his family's loss to grift more money for himself. It's disgusting.

How long do his visas last? A year? He's coming up on a year there.

I'm still not 100% sure what kind of visa John got. I'm hoping he got a business visa, because those would be required for him to conduct missionary activities.

You can get a multiple entry tourist visa that is good for 3 years. It looks like a business visa is good for as long as your passport is valid. If John got his passport renewed shortly before leaving the US, it could be years before he has to worry about renewing his documents. If he did get the business visa, Esther and the kids are able to live there without any visas of their own. I'm just not sure how he would have qualified for one. The application asks for specific details from an employer, including salary and whatnot. They must just be especially lenient with missionaries.

If he runs completely out of money and doesn't even any for a plane ticket home, then what? I hope he got an open ended ticket.

I hope he finds that it is in Confederate dollars.

And that would still be too much. Although Confederate currency is a collectors item now.

Hello! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account and dive into the fun. Last weekend I went head first down the Rodrigues and Shrader family rabbit holes. WOW. I had 2 thoughts while reading alllllll the pages of Shrader family fun. I read every page but I still could have breezed over if this has been pointed out. It's more in reference to Shrader Friend who was posting than the Shrader family. So this is sort of an old topic (sorry.) He says he rented the Josh and Anna house after they left and it was badly molded. They did recently show an episode where Bin and JessaBlessa (see what I did there? I've learned some lingo ;-) ) are preparing to move into that house and they point out many times over the horrible mold growth in the house. So SF is telling the truth in that regard because he was posting about it long before It popped up on a 19k episode. OTOH, I was pretty sure they stated no one had lived in the house since J&A left. Anyways, that just caught my attention because I was very interested when SF popped up and started weirdly dragging in the Duggars to this discussion.

My other comment is how odd it is that John Shrader lost his sister and Jill Rodrigues' sister was severely injured within days of each other (if not the same day?) I think Jill's sister was in the car accident Good Friday and without looking back at this moment, it seems I remember John's sister dying within the same week. Just a wild coincident for 2 people who are so similar in their narcissism and "ministry" and both are using tragedy for personal promotion.

I live near Katy and haven't heard of Papa Shrader's church but I'm interested in asking around about him now. *now back to lurking in the Doug Phillips rabbit hole* ;)

Hello! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account and dive into the fun. Last weekend I went head first down the Rodrigues and Shrader family rabbit holes. WOW. I had 2 thoughts while reading alllllll the pages of Shrader family fun. I read every page but I still could have breezed over if this has been pointed out. It's more in reference to Shrader Friend who was posting than the Shrader family. So this is sort of an old topic (sorry.) He says he rented the Josh and Anna house after they left and it was badly molded. They did recently show an episode where Bin and JessaBlessa (see what I did there? I've learned some lingo ;-) ) are preparing to move into that house and they point out many times over the horrible mold growth in the house. So SF is telling the truth in that regard because he was posting about it long before It popped up on a 19k episode. OTOH, I was pretty sure they stated no one had lived in the house since J&A left. Anyways, that just caught my attention because I was very interested when SF popped up and started weirdly dragging in the Duggars to this discussion.

My other comment is how odd it is that John Shrader lost his sister and Jill Rodrigues' sister was severely injured within days of each other (if not the same day?) I think Jill's sister was in the car accident Good Friday and without looking back at this moment, it seems I remember John's sister dying within the same week. Just a wild coincident for 2 people who are so similar in their narcissism and "ministry" and both are using tragedy for personal promotion.

I live near Katy and haven't heard of Papa Shrader's church but I'm interested in asking around about him now. *now back to lurking in the Doug Phillips rabbit hole* ;)

Welcome! I remember Shrader Friend claiming he had lived in that house, too. I'm still not sure what to think of it. I love it when FJers read and discuss old threads. *memories* And, fwiw, I think you should totally check out Papa Shrader's church. 8-)

Welcome, welcome!

Here at FJ, we encourage anyone who is interested in infiltrating to do so. You can report back here after you have gone undercover at Papa Shrader's church :) (which I assure you is not as important to the community of Katy, TX as the Shraders believe it to be).

And please, be careful when going anywhere near Doug Phillip's hole.

Welcome heagleca!

Good observations. I wish ShraderFriend would come back and tell us what he thinks of John now. It would be really interesting to know what locals think of Pastor Rick's church.

As you are going down all those rabbit holes, let us know if you need the FJ rescue ferrets. They carry sustenance and help guide you out. Virtual wine and chocolate are usually requested, but we can also send non-alcoholic beverages and savories if you prefer.

I have a picture in my head of local ladies sat trapped underneath big hair drying hoods whilst being 'preached' at by John.

A sadly completely captive audience.

Ugh :o

Hopefully, it that scenario occurred, the noise of the hair dryers would drown out John's preaching. I've always found it near impossible to hear anything while sitting under the dryer.

Ah... But Jill is going to get her mitts on a new super duper sound system, ( zambia power obviously!)

Sorted....! :lol:

I'm still not 100% sure what kind of visa John got. I'm hoping he got a business visa, because those would be required for him to conduct missionary activities.

You can get a multiple entry tourist visa that is good for 3 years. It looks like a business visa is good for as long as your passport is valid. If John got his passport renewed shortly before leaving the US, it could be years before he has to worry about renewing his documents. If he did get the business visa, Esther and the kids are able to live there without any visas of their own. I'm just not sure how he would have qualified for one. The application asks for specific details from an employer, including salary and whatnot. They must just be especially lenient with missionaries.

I don't know anything about Zambia however in Kenya and Tanzania, which I have first hand experience with. Missionary (medical or religious) visa are only good for one year, annually the supporting organization must submit to the government that there is enough funds to support the person/s for another year prior to the visa to be renewed. If you apply for a business visa,which are good for 3 yrs, you have to submit financially statement that you can support yourself and any dependents that you have without becoming a burden to society (actual wording on Tanzania application).

Those in the know: how likely is it for churches to stop support after a year as unsuccessful as Johns? Or will be be able to use his sister's death as a way to get more time/money?

Basically...how incompetent do you need to be to get dropped.

Those in the know: how likely is it for churches to stop support after a year as unsuccessful as Johns? Or will be be able to use his sister's death as a way to get more time/money?

John is his daddy's golden child, so surely he will chip in to help. Then there is the money his dad is giving him after his sister died. And because its John who needs it, maybe his dad might not get Sarah's kid a birthday present this year......and if theres anything else the other sons need, theyre on their own cause John is the only important one.

It is really sad when parents have a favourite child, in this case it is just so blatant. I think John's parents forget they have 5 kids.

John is his daddy's golden child, so surely he will chip in to help. Then there is the money his dad is giving him after his sister died. And because its John who needs it, maybe his dad might not get Sarah's kid a birthday present this year......and if theres anything else the other sons need, theyre on their own cause John is the only important one.

It is really sad when parents have a favourite child, in this case it is just so blatant. I think John's parents forget they have 5 kids.

No kidding. I'm still scratching my head wondering who in the world thinks it's okay to funnel funeral donations to a sibling when the deceased has immediate family? My opinion of these two could not be lower. John and his father are the absolute definition of bottom-feeders, and I'd say they should be ashamed of themselves, but I think the pair of them are narcissists who are incapable of feeling shame.

Daddy Shrader's church and any church he can influence won't drop John. And I bet Rick is calling around trying to sway churches to not give up on John. It is hard to tell, but I bet he will lose more support. Enough to get him kicked out of Zambia? I'm not sure. Churches most likely have had new missionaries coming through in the last year and they if have to choose between support John who spent his first year filled with drama and not really doing much or the new people whose plans have to sound better than John's, I bet they will go with the new guys.

One year on the mission field and all the money spent on John for the plane has gone to waste, all the money spent for the printer and paper hasn't seemed to be enough, and all the money spent on the Troupie and he isn't bringing "bodies and Bibles to the bush" he is just driving it around. He hasn't managed to really even begin starting a church. His converts are a little iffy and on top of all that his own mission team dropped him. He might get another year on the mission field, but unless he pulls himself together and does more than build Bible display cases and buy himself stuff I doubt he will get much longer.

Daddy Shrader's church and any church he can influence won't drop John. And I bet Rick is calling around trying to sway churches to not give up on John. It is hard to tell, but I bet he will lose more support. Enough to get him kicked out of Zambia? I'm not sure. Churches most likely have had new missionaries coming through in the last year and they if have to choose between support John who spent his first year filled with drama and not really doing much or the new people whose plans have to sound better than John's, I bet they will go with the new guys.

One year on the mission field and all the money spent on John for the plane has gone to waste, all the money spent for the printer and paper hasn't seemed to be enough, and all the money spent on the Troupie and he isn't bringing "bodies and Bibles to the bush" he is just driving it around. He hasn't managed to really even begin starting a church. His converts are a little iffy and on top of all that his own mission team dropped him. He might get another year on the mission field, but unless he pulls himself together and does more than build Bible display cases and buy himself stuff I doubt he will get much longer.

I agree. Growing up in the IFB, our churches saw a steady stream of missionaries coming through church looking for support. Many got support and many did not. Most of the missionaries blur together in my mind, but I DO remember that none of them came even close to being as incompetent as John.

Whether you agreed or disagreed with what they were doing, these missionaries had plans and many had already carried them out: some had medical training and backgrounds and were working to open clinics, some had teaching degrees/experience and worked in schools, many were pastors who had college degrees and experience with church planting, etc. Irregardless of their background, these missionaries were not lazy either. They knew the blood, sweat and tears involved to reach the people they were hoping to save and they were willing to sacrifice and spend years trying to accomplish what they felt their god was calling them to do.

John has exhibited none of these character traits at all. These churches are not fooled.

Archived