IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

Rick and John make me so angry that I am coming out of lurkdom to make my first post. I hope I am doing this correctly.

I found Sarah's obituary online (aldinecremation.com/obits/?id=18). It is obvious to me that Rick wrote the obituary due to the numerous spelling, grammer, capitalization errors and, most of all, the huge favoritism toward John. Check out how Sarah's other brothers are listed, like they are an afterthought. :evil-eye:

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rick and John make me so angry that I am coming out of lurkdom to make my first post. I hope I am doing this correctly.

I found Sarah's obituary online (aldinecremation.com/obits/?id=18). It is obvious to me that Rick wrote the obituary due to the numerous spelling, grammer, capitalization errors and, most of all, the huge favoritism toward John. Check out how Sarah's other brothers are listed, like they are an afterthought. :evil-eye:

Yeah that sounds exactly like something Rick would write. Had to point out that her mother wouldn't be able to carry her to full term and Voila! He didn't even spell Anthony's name right.

This has got to be the most poorly-written obit I've ever seen. I didn't even finish the first section before I couldn't follow what was being said and just stopped reading altogether. Yipes.

Holy shit :shock: John, his wife and all of his children (including the one Sarah never even met) are mentioned before Sarah's other brothers.

Sarah is survived by her Husband, Anthony Walker.

Daughter, Julia Grace Waller

Parents: Pastor Rick and Jodi Shrader and David and Joyce Waller, Brother and sister-in-love:John and Esther Shrader of Zambia, Africa.

Neices and nephews:

Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen.

Brothers: Jared, Seth, and Joel of Houston.

When hearts are made more tender by grief.

John is such an asshole.

And yes, since the one year in Zambia mark is quickly coming I suspect he is going to try his best to make it look like he has done more than accumulate worldly goods for himself.

I have never seen such a poorly written obit. It also made it clear that John is the favorite child.

One sad obituary! Rick built and is the only pastor his church has ever had(I have that right?). Based on his writing ability, I have to wonder what his sermons are like! John and Rick both have to do things their own way and, I'm guessing, can't be told anything!

Welcome and thanks for sharing that. I think it is clear where John gets his behavior from, he learned it at the feet of Daddy.

Is Sarah's husband Anthony Waller any relation to the Pecan Thief?

I don't think so. I found Anthony's FB page and he is actually normal. No wonder Rick rarely mentions him.

I don't think so. I found Anthony's FB page and he is actually normal. No wonder Rick rarely mentions him.

No relation to the Pecan Wallers. Anthony is apparently not the right kind of Christian though.

That is one strange obituary. The younger brothers are an afterthought because they have drifted from the True Path. Is Maxwell Sarah's dog?

Welcome MadisonKatz!

Holy shit :shock: John, his wife and all of his children (including the one Sarah never even met) are mentioned before Sarah's other brothers.

That is awful, they should name all of the brothers together, not put John separately up by the parents and the others at the very bottom even under her nieces and nephews (no nieces and nephews from Anthony's side? Or did he forget those?). I wonder how the brothers feel to know that they are not their dad's favourite kids. He obviously loves John more than all the others. Even Sarah's death still was all about John.

Also wouldn't it be Anthony Waller, not Walker?

And I guessed that Edge wasn't his real name, thought it was a bit out there from Sarah, John and Jared.

Things are probably worse in Zambia than we know. Rick will do anything to push John's agenda, even high jack his daughter's obituary! The Presbyterian couple who work for Teen Challenge in Kafue have already built a small school and are holding classes for young children. They haven't been there as long as the Shraders. I know they have two different agendas, but just saying!

I hate such blatant favouritism. It can really tear a family apart. I wonder how the other 3 brothers feel about it?

So poorly written, I agree but I suppose in the grief he is in perhaps that was the best he could do.

Ilovejellybeans....You are correct about the name. I misread it.

No you didn't. Rick Shrader spelled his own SIL's name wrong in the obituary.

You know, I want to feel for Rick because I can't imagine anything worse than losing your child. But I don't feel anything when I read what he writes except confusion :? He claims he's going to share a "very special story" about Sarah, but what follows is just...word salad. It's like the male version of Taryn, right down to offering the prices of random items.

IDK, maybe he is more coherent when he's not dealing with such a terrible loss, but the scattered writing seems odd from a pastor with a long career. And his favoritism toward John is really off-putting.

Seriously. Very Taryn-like word salad. To give him a break because of his obvious grief and distress, I think his point, if he had one, about the mattress was - don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. OK.

But again, what is still strange about that misspelled ramble is the single dismissive reference to Anthony. "We came home on Friday and it was a long day. She wanted to look her best for Anthony and Julia." So we know Anthony was there, at least.

All the rest is about which Shrader did what and when. To Rick, Anthony is a complete nonentity, nonperson, non-contributer. A nothing. I can see that moving Sarah to the Shrader home so Jodi could help care for her and Julia would make sense. Also, reading between the lines, Seth may be a nurse. But whatever Anthony did or felt is just not worth mentioning. Poor Anthony. He must be grieving too.

Seriously. Very Taryn-like word salad. To give him a break because of his obvious grief and distress, I think his point, if he had one, about the mattress was - don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. OK.

But again, what is still strange about that misspelled ramble is the single dismissive reference to Anthony. "We came home on Friday and it was a long day. She wanted to look her best for Anthony and Julia." So we know Anthony was there, at least.

All the rest is about which Shrader did what and when. To Rick, Anthony is a complete nonentity, nonperson, non-contributer. A nothing. I can see that moving Sarah to the Shrader home so Jodi could help care for her and Julia would make sense. Also, reading between the lines, Seth may be a nurse. But whatever Anthony did or felt is just not worth mentioning. Poor Anthony. He must be grieving too.

From what I saw on Anthony's FB page he recently updated his profile pic and in the comments he said he was ready for a vacation. Until now he hadn't done anything on FB for a long time (pics, status updates etc). I'm sure dealing with Sarah's illness was exhausting.

From what I saw on Anthony's FB page he recently updated his profile pic and in the comments he said he was ready for a vacation. Until now he hadn't done anything on FB for a long time (pics, status updates etc). I'm sure dealing with Sarah's illness was exhausting.

I hope that Anthony and Sophia can come to terms with Sarah's death and get some grief counseling if they need it. A vacation might be just what they need after what they have had to deal with for the past couple of years. My heart breaks for both of them.

I wonder what kind of relationship Anthony has with the Shrader family. After the way Rick has treated Anthony online since his Sarah's death, I cannot imagine they have the warmest relationship. Rick will be lucky if he gets to see Sophia on a regular basis. I hope that Anthony has a loving, supportive family.

Wow, where did I get Sophia from? :embarrassed:

Isn't Sophia one of John Boy and Esther's kids? Too many to keep track of.

John has started opening his posts with:

It's time for another Exciting Episode of...Missionary Adventures with TeamZambia~Shraders! What will God do this time?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Arcade went home to Burundi for the funeral of his young niece. Thanks to John, Arcade was very worried about his sister and his other family members, because they're not saved and if they die, he'll never see them again. This was particularly urgent because Burundi is experiencing more partisan violence, and it's not a safe place for them to be. In fact, on the return trip Arcade was only barely able to make it out of Burundi into Rwanda before the military closed the borders. For John, this is a story of god's miraculous providence. If several deaths, many more injuries, and thousands of refugees count as god's divine hand at work, god sounds kind of like an asshole.

On the home front, John managed to get the "truth carrier" stuck in a mud pit, which is really damn hard to do. Even he admits to feeling like an idiot, so you know it must be bad. He was going to pull it out with their heavy duty winch, but the winch wouldn't run and they couldn't figure out why. John called Arcade, his neighbors, plus a local college student and his friends to help, and they couldn't get it out. After some time, "the Lord graciously allowed" them to find that the grounding wire on the winch had been pulled out :? He was able to reconnect it and got the vehicle unstuck. After offering the students some cokes to thank them for their help, John was able to get them to ask for a bible study. SERIOUSLY GOD AT WORK!

Tune in next time for another Amazing Missionary Adventure with TeamZambia~Shraders! Same place, same profile...but timing scheduled by God!

John has started opening his posts with:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Arcade went home to Burundi for the funeral of his young niece. Thanks to John, Arcade was very worried about his sister and his other family members, because they're not saved and if they die, he'll never see them again. This was particularly urgent because Burundi is experiencing more partisan violence, and it's not a safe place for them to be. In fact, on the return trip Arcade was only barely able to make it out of Burundi into Rwanda before the military closed the borders. For John, this is a story of god's miraculous providence. If several deaths, many more injuries, and thousands of refugees count as god's divine hand at work, god sounds kind of like an asshole.

On the home front, John managed to get the "truth carrier" stuck in a mud pit, which is really damn hard to do. Even he admits to feeling like an idiot, so you know it must be bad. He was going to pull it out with their heavy duty winch, but the winch wouldn't run and they couldn't figure out why. John called Arcade, his neighbors, plus a local college student and his friends to help, and they couldn't get it out. After some time, "the Lord graciously allowed" them to find that the grounding wire on the winch had been pulled out :? He was able to reconnect it and got the vehicle unstuck. After offering the students some cokes to thank them for their help, John was able to get them to ask for a bible study. SERIOUSLY GOD AT WORK!

What an incredibly useless man.

Archived