IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell's Moody Books are Wonderful! Latest Post

kitandmike

I wonder what the reason behind that name choice was... or at least, I wonder what she (through Stevhova of course) would *say* publicly about it.

I always thought it might be related to the Moody Bible Institute, Moody Publishing, etc, moody.edu/history/

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the fan is a native German speaker, where a double negative is legitimately used for emphasis. In English grammar, the double-neg is at worst a faux pas and at best works out, ironically, to a positive.

So "not anywhere will one find not one bad word" (I'm paraphrasing, working from iphone) can be read as "one will find bad words everywhere."

I am German and I really don't think that is German Grammar.

Double negative gets a positive phrase in German. The "not" is to much.

I agree, canis! (my mom taught German for 30+ years, I'm not perfectly fluent, but I can read Der Spiegel and converse).

It's a newspaper. :lol: It confused me, too, until I thought about it for a second.

The name of that newspaper is what got me to remember the word for "mirror"

I am German and I really don't think that is German Grammar.

Double negative gets a positive phrase in German. The "not" is to much.

I didn't know that and stand corrected!! I'd been told otherwise by folks who I thought would know. So, pretty certain that commenter wasn't Zsu, then, eh? Heh.

If Sarah's books are considered to get "great literature", then Kim Kardashian is the best dressed woman in the world.

Archived