IGNORED

Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

LadyPriss

Anyone else find it kinda sad that she posted her own Happy Birthday message? I'm sure it has most likely happened before, or with other kids posting their own birthday wishes.

You would figure 'Post Sarah's birthday message on blog' would be on the schedule for someone other than her.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are thankful to the Lord for you and all that you do – without being reminded!

WTF. She is a grown woman, not a kid. This is a complement you'd pay a 6 year old not a woman in her 30s.

My dad sometimes says that in his head I'll always be a "little girl in pigtails in pajamas with feet", but he can acknowledge I'm a grown woman. I think Poor Sarah will always be a literal child to them.

Considering she wrote the post herself, maybe, just maybe, this was a dig at anyone else in the family who should have remembered to put a happy birthday post up for her?

Without being reminded- so life without MOTH or MOTC is possible?

Wow; didn't someone notice that all the birthday posts for the women(yes they are ALL women now hehehe) have a verse from Proverbs 31? Well, this one has a verse from Psalms. Thanks for listening, Steve. Now remember, she is now as old as Jesus when He was crucified. Let's read over the gospels and compare their lives, shall we? Like that passage where Jesus is teaching and His mom and siblings were coming to see Him. Mark 3: 31-34. Let's start discussing that right now. Have a lovely day.

Mine says posted by Steve. Happy 33rd birthday, Sarah. Another year with no husband and children of your own.

It just changed because only a few minutes ago it stated "This was posted by Sarah." I'm glad Steve was reading FJ so early in the morning today!

And how sad is this: 'We are looking forward to what the Lord will do in your life in 2015".

I think we all know that's just fluff. There will be nothing new in 2015, just like there has been nothing new any other year of her adult life. Poor Sarah.

I know I've said this before but I really want to know how these families claim their daughters are meant to be wives and mothers. They are trained their whole lives to be keepers at home for their future husbands; and yet they deny these daughters what they believe is their god given role. It just seems to me they'd feel "convicted" in this because they are going against God's plan - at least the plan they claim God has for their lives.

*sigh* Happy Birthday, Sarah. I hope you can go shopping all by yourself today.

Happy Birthday, Sarah or since you live in Maxhell, you are two steps nearer to your grave to paraphrase Brian May.

WTF is the Lord going to do for her in 2015? Ordain that she dust more ceiling fans? Steve won't let the Lord do anything in her life. She's not allowed adult relationships, romantic or otherwise, not allowed to take a class, not allowed to travel apart from her family, not allowed to make new friends, not allowed to discover new authors, tv shows, movies or hobbies. How much material can she possibly have left for new Moody books?

Steve Maxwell, if you are really reading this, you should be ashamed of what you've done to all of your children, but especially Sarah. You are not protecting her from the world, you are slowly draining every last spark of life from her soul. You are a liar, a manipulator, and a hypocrite. You should fall on your knees and beg the God you claim to serve for forgiveness, and then beg your wife and children for the same.

Well, Steve and Teri, how does it feel knowing you have utterly failed your oldest daughter?

"Without being reminded??" She is 33 years old. Thirty-three! Your use of that phrase is a perfect exemplar of the reign of infantilization you've cultivated in your family.

Bible verse of the day: Jesus wept.

And how sad is this: 'We are looking forward to what the Lord will do in your life in 2015".

I think we all know that's just fluff. There will be nothing new in 2015, just like there has been nothing new any other year of her adult life. Poor Sarah.

We can't predict what any LORD will do in Sarah's life; Steve won't let anyone, deity or human, near her. As for what Steve will do in her life in 2015 - she'll be schlepped along on dog & pony shows, write blog posts with perfectly posted pictures, climb a 14er in Colorado with her mom & dad - and post more pictures. She'll clean and pack boxes and work on her brother and sister in law's home. She'll take more pictures as her siblings sing together somewhere, at the very least at the nursing home and the Christmas thing at the church. She'll take pictures of others baking for caroling in December. She'll take pictures of birthdays and neighborhood teas and post them on the blog to convince herself that her life is full of nothing but joy and happiness and smiles.

Well, Steve and Teri, how does it feel knowing you have utterly failed your oldest daughter?

"Without being reminded??" She is 33 years old. Thirty-three! Your use of that phrase is a perfect exemplar of the reign of infantilization you've cultivated in your family.

Bible verse of the day: Jesus wept.

For some reason this reminds me of the time my husband actually spelled a word in front of our kids:

USMCDAD: I thought tonight we'd run to the M-A-L-L (spelling it out)

Our son: Dad, I'm eight and she's six, we can spell "mall."

Of course he knew they were old enough to spell but somehow slipped into toddler mode for that moment. Do you think the Maxwells still spell in front of "the children?" Do they leave someone in charge when they go out without "the children?" Do "the children" get a sticker for eating all their vegetables?

Steve hates the world more than he loves his children, thus his refusal to let his daughters be happy in a home of their own. He has only allowed the sons to marry because he can still control their households, in my opinion, and their sons will be true Maxwells that carry on the name.

Hi Steve. Please let your daughter have a real life with a husband and children. Perhaps a job or some classes. Something more in her life. Please.

Oh poor Sarah, my heart breaks for her. I hope one day, you get what you really want in life, whether that's to go to college and get a good job, or be a stay at home mom of a whole bunch of kids (or both)...or even just a hobby and a friend.

33 years old and has less freedom than I had when I was 8.

I sometimes wonder if Sarah is like Beth from Little Women. Maybe she likes being a 30-something SAHD and is proud that she does things without being reminded.

HAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding. Sarah, GET OUT, SISTER!!

I do think Steve has managed to scare Sarah enough about the dangers in the world that she's quite content staying at home under the protection of her parents. She's had told to her repeatedly in all of her 33 years -- men are dangerous, people outside the family are dangerous, sex is sin, thinking about sex is evil, wanting anything for yourself that doesn't serve Jesus is wrong. Why would she want to leave? Steve has taught her to fear the world. Even if she did manage to find some guy to marry, she will be forever living in fear and feel abused that he wants to get physical with her. Because her father taught her to fear him and sex is wrong.

Happy birthday, Sarah, my birthday twin! Today I went for Mongolian BBQ complete with shots of vodka and got presents I really liked. I wish you had the opportunity to do the same :(

Archived