IGNORED

Who is Peter Bradrick?

skankbiscuit

Guest Anonymous

Why not have "Lord Doug" get the first crack at the wife while you're at it?

(Hell, if that was the custom, all the wives would go to their marriage beds virginal.)

Given VF's love for the days of yore, I'm surprised none of them have revived the "Droit de Seigneur".

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Kelly Bradrick not the full biological daughter of both Scott Brown and his wife (Debra right?), because she looks so different from both of them? She does, however, look much better with a little meat on her bones now, as opposed to when she married Peter.

Is Kelly Bradrick not the full biological daughter of both Scott Brown and his wife (Debra right?), because she looks so different from both of them? She does, however, look much better with a little meat on her bones now, as opposed to when she married Peter.

IIRC, all four of the Browns' children -- Kelly, Blair, David & Claudia -- are adopted.

It's so bizarre to read Kelly's FB page. One of her posts says "I am so madly in love with Peter Bradrick". And she says lots of stuff like that actually. Doesn't she realize that SHE is the "catch"?

IIRC, all four of the Browns' children -- Kelly, Blair, David & Claudia -- are adopted.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhh... I didn't realize that (obviously)!

I saw this photo and caption on his FB and I just want to punch the guy.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1112783705246&set=a.1105580405168.2016170.1396526840&type=1&theater

Seriously? At first glance, I would have thought he'd caption it, "My beautiful wife, isn't she gorgeous?" But no. "My secretary, making me look good."

No honey, sorry. She makes you look even uglier next to her radiance. She is gorgeous. You are a plastic troll with a military haircut. You should be praising her God-given beauty, and thanking the Lord she even bothered to give you a second glance.

Dumbass.

Edited to fix a formatting issue.

wow... that clearifies a lot of things.. I always thought that Kelly somehow didn't fit into that family.

It's so bizarre to read Kelly's FB page. One of her posts says "I am so madly in love with Peter Bradrick". And she says lots of stuff like that actually. Doesn't she realize that SHE is the "catch"?

It's called affirmation. If she says something often enough, it will become true one day. Hopefully. ;)

I have been happily married nearly 24 years. My husband is my best friend and still sometimes makes my heart jump(That's either love or indigestion)

Yet, unless it's our anniversary, I don't post on facebook how much I love him. Most people don't. I think that Kelly desperately wants people to think that she loves Peter.

I actually think she IS really in love with him - but I don't think he reciprocates. She talks about how madly in love she is, he calls her his secretary. I don't think he shows her much love - he probably thinks it would get in the way of his love for Doug...er I mean the Lord

I have been happily married nearly 24 years. My husband is my best friend and still sometimes makes my heart jump(That's either love or indigestion)

Yet, unless it's our anniversary, I don't post on facebook how much I love him. Most people don't. I think that Kelly desperately wants people to think that she loves Peter.

I wonder, too, how much of it (besides a personality thing) is a fundie thing. My fundie sisters-in-law are constantly posting on FB how AWESOME their husbands are !!!11!! and they LOVE them and are so GRATEFUL for everything they do. I think it's expected that good fundie wives will affirm their husbands by always gushing over them in public. It irritates the heck out of me, so I once posted, "My husband is not too bad, if you like that sort of thing." :)

Somehow I doubt the Browns support adult adoptees' right to their OBC (original birth certificate), and the adult children aren't members of Bastard Nation, the adoptees' rights organization founded by friends of mine. My 3 kids are adopted and all have their OBC and 2 are reunited with their birth families. My son's mother and I are good friends.

Nell

I find that FB post odd. And all the fundy dudes keep commenting stuff like "that's the way it's supposed to be".

Poor Kelly.

Pete is Doug's "piece". Look at that LOL of them sitting in the pew on top of/next to each other. Straight men don't sit like that, they just don't.

I actually think she IS really in love with him - but I don't think he reciprocates. She talks about how madly in love she is, he calls her his secretary. I don't think he shows her much love - he probably thinks it would get in the way of his love for Doug...er I mean the Lord

This.

I wonder, too, how much of it (besides a personality thing) is a fundie thing. My fundie sisters-in-law are constantly posting on FB how AWESOME their husbands are !!!11!! and they LOVE them and are so GRATEFUL for everything they do. I think it's expected that good fundie wives will affirm their husbands by always gushing over them in public. It irritates the heck out of me, so I once posted, "My husband is not too bad, if you like that sort of thing." :)

That's awesome! "If you like that sort of thing." I'll be chuckling all night.

I agree though, that it's common in the fundie community to sing your husband's praises loudly and often. Both to others (knowing it will get back to him) and to him directly.

In my experience, I would practically throw a party when my fundie first husband mowed the lawn, but I'd just about pass out from shock if he'd compliment my cooking. Even worse, he went as far as to contradict people who said flattering things about me ~ it was for my own good of course, so I wouldn't get a "big head."

Peter Bradrick is an ass. Ditto for Peter Serven.

:) Any details? His false grin has always annoyed me, but I've never known to put him on a level w Peter. Heck, that could change!!!

That's awesome! "If you like that sort of thing." I'll be chuckling all night.

I agree though, that it's common in the fundie community to sing your husband's praises loudly and often. Both to others (knowing it will get back to him) and to him directly.

In my experience, I would practically throw a party when my fundie first husband mowed the lawn, but I'd just about pass out from shock if he'd compliment my cooking. Even worse, he went as far as to contradict people who said flattering things about me ~ it was for my own good of course, so I wouldn't get a "big head."

I mean, I do think it's a good idea to speak well of your spouse when the opportunity presents itself or at the very least not to run around badmouthing him or her, but this "prop up the man's fragile ego by exaggerated public adulation" requirement is way too much of a good thing.

If Kelly is fb posting about her love for her man, she isn't the first fundie to do it. I see that all the time. All. the. time.

"Look at the roses my super perfect husband got me. Squeeeeee!!!" Blah Blah.

I think it comes from wanting to show how much you love and adore your man, per The Bible of course. I think when Bet.hany Wiss.man does it it's adorable. Because she and Dan are adorable. And even though I'm defrauded by Peter Bradrick, I'm going to have to say that the pictures of him and Kelly posing don't give me the same warm fuzzies. I think they are both good-looking but their photos looks so posed.

I mean, I do think it's a good idea to speak well of your spouse when the opportunity presents itself or at the very least not to run around badmouthing him or her, but this "prop up the man's fragile ego by exaggerated public adulation" requirement is way too much of a good thing.

That's the impression I got from what you said ~ including that you're both grown ups, and that your husband can take a joke. (You have a way with words, what can I say?)

The constant gushing that goes on eventually rings a bit hollow. You read about an amazing husband on Facebook over and over, and you begin to wonder if somebody has something to prove, or if they're really just easily amazed.

To sum up, when my kids came home from grade school with artwork, I'd put it on the fridge and make a big deal over it. I did not think it was reasonable to have similar enthusiasm if their father put his own dirty socks in the hamper. ; )

According to C.S. Hayden:

Peter inspired the four of us by describing specific characteristics he sought and obtained in a wife; he had seriously conversed with Kelly before they married and told her that he did not want to live a comfortable life with a secure, 9-5 job. He did not desire a woman who would merely stay home and raise his children, although he certainly wanted her to do that; rather, he desired a sturdy woman, much like the Pilgrim women, who would encourage and propel him in his strategic focus and vision -- a woman who would discipline herself and her mind not to pursue personal comfort and ease as her defining decision criteria. Peter has the mindset of a martyr, a man who will live uncompromisingly and be willing to die for the faith. He realizes that God does not need us to compromise to advance His plans and purposes, and His Kingdom will suffer no great loss if His enemies pursue our destruction when we are faithful.

Perhaps this explains why he didn't seem to care if she had just given birth when it was time to go to Europe, and the whole hemorrhage thing? Appropriate for a sturdy woman too busy encouraging and propelling him to pursue personal comfort.

This man makes me sick.

Also, this is probably my favorite line ever.

As we fashioned and grilled the burgers, through my words and deeds I diligently ingrained the importance of abundant Worcestershire sauce and pepper.

Diligently ingrained Worcestershire sauce importance!!! That's EPIC, you guys. :character-burgerking:

Also, this is probably my favorite line ever.

Diligently ingrained Worcestershire sauce importance!!! That's EPIC, you guys. :character-burgerking:

Seriously, who the fuck talks like that?

Oh, and C.S. is getting married. To some fundie girl named Lauren. No details.

Archived